• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

ANyone get the feeling..

That on Saturday Marv is going to do something that FEW if ANY of us are expecting?

I know one thing, I can guarentee you that the media will not dicate what Marv does. For that matter, either will the fans.

I TRULY believe in my heart of hearts that if we keep the 8th pick, Levy is going to take whomever he feels is the best player on the board, and that means it could be ANYBODY, even a QB if one of the "big three" fall.

I also have this funny feeling that if the Bills trade, its going to be more than once..

For some reason, I am envisioning this scenario where Marv trades down with the Rams, picks up a third third-rounder.......... And then moves up with Chicago at 26 for a second and one of those three thirds..

It would end up with us having two firsts and two thirds.. 11 and 26 are better for the Bills than 8 and 42, IMO. We'd have two thirds either way if we traded twice.

I SERIOUSLY can see that happening.. Then again, with this front office, I can see ANYTHING happening.

Its been a long while since I"ve had so many theories on what we do in the draft and such little a clue as to what will actually happen.. I admit this.

I cant even get through a thread anymore without changing my mind about what we should do (I must admit), Though my one constant is i PRAY Vernon Davis falls to us..

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Re: ANyone get the feeling..

I think you give this organization, administration, and Marv waaaay too much credit.

I expect a conservative approach to the draft.. picking unexciting role fillers, and I bet we'll scratch our head in disbelief at least once.

Comment

• jmb1099
      • Sep 2004

nail on the head when it comes to media and fans. The man knows football, and my confidence has been slowly building with some of the pickups. He has been slow but steady in his approach, he didn't run after one or two big money names, I very cautiously say that I think he sees where we need to go and how to get there. The Reyes singing, Fowler, etc both upgrades, and both from what I can tell by reading between the lines, very willing to be team players and do whatever is asked. Man this starting to get good!

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

I do know it'll be a very heavy defensive draft.

Maybe I shoulda rephrased.. After the first pick it should be somewhat predictable.

But the first pick, I truly have no idea anymore.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Iehoshua
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Pride
          I expect a conservative approach to the draft.. picking unexciting role fillers, and I bet we'll scratch our head in disbelief at least once.
          That would be okay as long as we win as a result...

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Everyone on this board is married to their favorites.

It won't matter who we draft- many will whine and ***** regardless who we take- mainly because they don't know who these guys are or what roles they fill.

Just look at the knee jerk reactions to free agency. OOOHHH we didn't spend $30 Million for a center or $40 Million for a replacement for Moulds.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

I was reading an article about Dick Jauron's first draft with the Bears and how he had 13 picks in that draft. I could see the Bills trying to do something like that with this draft. Face it, they are rebuilding and could use a lot of help.

Comment

• acehole
                • Jan 2006

Yea because I posed it in another thread.

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                That on Saturday Marv is going to do something that FEW if ANY of us are expecting?

I know one thing, I can guarentee you that the media will not dicate what Marv does. For that matter, either will the fans.

I TRULY believe in my heart of hearts that if we keep the 8th pick, Levy is going to take whomever he feels is the best player on the board, and that means it could be ANYBODY, even a QB if one of the "big three" fall.

I also have this funny feeling that if the Bills trade, its going to be more than once..

For some reason, I am envisioning this scenario where Marv trades down with the Rams, picks up a third third-rounder.......... And then moves up with Chicago at 26 for a second and one of those three thirds..

It would end up with us having two firsts and two thirds.. 11 and 26 are better for the Bills than 8 and 42, IMO. We'd have two thirds either way if we traded twice.

I SERIOUSLY can see that happening.. Then again, with this front office, I can see ANYTHING happening.

Its been a long while since I"ve had so many theories on what we do in the draft and such little a clue as to what will actually happen.. I admit this.

I cant even get through a thread anymore without changing my mind about what we should do (I must admit), Though my one constant is i PRAY Vernon Davis falls to us..
                Hated by the stupid..
                Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Marvelous
                  • Feb 2004

That was a negative post Pride. Why so gloom? We are improving. After all we get Spikes back :grin:

I think Marv jumps on Vernon,Leinart,AJ,D'brick. If there gone then perhaps Marv will trade down.

I'm very excited about it....:)
                  GO BILLS!!! NE
                  Magical Trevor

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

I have this sinking feeling that they're going to do something mindnumbingly stupid, like draft Cutler at 8.

Let's not forget that this is the staff that gave $2.5 million a season to Josh Reed and Ryan Denney.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bill Cody
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      I have this sinking feeling that they're going to do something mindnumbingly stupid, like draft Cutler at 8.

Let's not forget that this is the staff that gave $2.5 million a season to Josh Reed and Ryan Denney.
                      I'm not in favor of taking a QB either but let's not exaggerate. QB is the most important position on the team. If Marv doesn't think the guy is on the roster that can lead us but Cutler is, why is that so dumb? Mindnumbingly stupid is flushing a 1st, 2nd and 5th on Blosman.

Comment

• Slim
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DrewBlueFan
                        I'm not in favor of taking a QB either but let's not exaggerate. QB is the most important position on the team. If Marv doesn't think the guy is on the roster that can lead us but Cutler is, why is that so dumb? Mindnumbingly stupid is flushing a 1st, 2nd and 5th on Blosman.

Kind of ironic that your that one talking about "midnumbingly stupid."

Comment

• ibatiger
                          Geaux Bills!
                          • Mar 2006

I have a theory that the "best" player available can NEVER be a QB. The failure rate of highly drafted QBs is staggering. It is an absolute crap shoot. At the very least there must be a strong, compelling need for a player at the QB position before you should ever consider taking a QB very high in the draft. Everything that I have heard Levy say tells me that he has a firm understanding of that dynamic. I'd bet the farm that he won't take a QB no matter who he is.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                            Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                            I was reading an article about Dick Jauron's first draft with the Bears and how he had 13 picks in that draft. I could see the Bills trying to do something like that with this draft. Face it, they are rebuilding and could use a lot of help.
                            Great, maybe if the Bills follow that type of logic they can have the same kind of success the Bears did

Quality... not quantity.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DrewBlueFan
                              I've been over this, but I'll do it again...

1. A QB will not contribute right away, whereas anyone else we take at #8 will.
                              2. No draft pick is a definite, but QB is the biggest gamble.
                              3. We have 2 young unproven QB's in Nall and Losman- these guys should get a legit shot before another one is thrown into the mix (and if we draft a QB, what was the point in signing Nall at all?)
                              4. Our OL sucks- we won't know what we have at QB until we get a good OL, and any drafted QB would just get killed.

If Marv isn't happy with what we have, he should have gone after Drew Brees. We had the cap to make it work.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X