• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Kevin Everett - Update video

Originally posted by patmoran2006
    I didnt attack anybody, and I also didn't swear seven times in two paragraphs.

I simply said its INSANE to throw out $2+ million dollar signing bonuses to someone if he's not a CLEAR cut starter, ESPECIALLY a tight end, and its even more idiotic to suggest it's not a big deal to "only" lose out on $1.5 million towards the cap because a player didnt work out. There will be years when just a few million means the difference between landing an impact player we covet or not.
    Considering how we haven't had an OL in years , his asset as a blocker is gonna come in handy. OL is a HUGE need for this team, I don't have a problem with his contract. How much would Campbell have cost the team if we kept him? I'll take Royal over Campbell any day.

We b!tched about how this OL has done nothing all these years and we pay one of the best blocking TE's in the NFL 600,000 in the first year and 1.something in his second year and it's a problem.

Maybe we should've let Everrett block for us with a bad knee and when that knee pops again, people are gonna whine.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by TigerJ
      Everett is an athletic but raw TE. What he will be isn't real clear yet. He could end up being an all pro, but who really knows. He could be a great blocker, but his size does not suggest that he's going to be pancaking people with regularity. He does have good speed and hands, which suggests that receiving will likely be the forte of the final product, but he's got to get and stay healthy, and get some reps in training camp and playing time in games before he can be much of anything.
      Let's just admit now that Tom Donohoe's draft last year sucked!!! Everett and Parrish's wonderlick combined didn't equal Vince Youngs. Parrish is too small (he can't even earn a #2 spot and he was our first player taken). Everett was snake bitten as soon as he showed up. I'll bet money he doesn't make it through camp without getting hurt.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
        Let's just admit now that Tom Donohoe's draft last year sucked!!! Everett and Parrish's wonderlick combined didn't equal Vince Youngs. Parrish is too small (he can't even earn a #2 spot and he was our first player taken). Everett was snake bitten as soon as he showed up. I'll bet money he doesn't make it through camp without getting hurt.
        Na. I'll wait to reserve judgement on Parrish. He was injured parctically the entire season. The guy was easily the best wr at camp before the injury. If the amount of time he played is enough for you to call him a bust, you need to change your avatar. "what's good for the goose..."
        sacrifice1

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          If the amount of time he played is enough for you to call him a bust, you need to change your avatar. "what's good for the goose..."
          That was pretty funny. I may have been a little tough on Everett but Parrish lacks the size and it showed last year.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

That was pretty funny. I may have been a little tough on Everett but Parrish lacks the size and it showed last year.
            Steve Smith? Santana Moss?

Parrish was the favotrite wr of the guy in your avatar. Ask anyone who was at camp. I don't care how small they are as long as they can catch and hang on to the ball.
            sacrifice1

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Steve Smith? Santana Moss?

Parrish was the favotrite wr of the guy in your avatar. Ask anyone who was at camp. I don't care how small they are as long as they can catch and hang on to the ball.
              "My guy" is barely hanging onto his avatar spot!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

"My guy" is barely hanging onto his avatar spot!
                Keep it . Billieve .
                sacrifice1

Comment

• Kerr
                  Hall of Fame Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

At worse, Everett would become our #2 TE on the depth chart. Royal has a good chance of becoming a starter just based on blocking ability. He's the 6th lineman out there. Royal has not shown enough to show he's a receiving threat, but if Everett can improve his blocking, then he has a chance to supplant royal as the starter. As an example, NE had started Christian Fauria because of his blocking ability. Watson and Graham were generally receving threats, but watson improved his blocking and became a starter.

Comment

• TedMock
                    • Jul 2002

Does anybody think a 1a and 1b is out of the realm of reality? If Royal is not the starter but gets half the snaps because of his strengths, the money is well spent. I think people jump the gun and go into a full blown fng panic over this stuff. RELAX, and see what happens. I swear some people enjoy making themselves look like children.

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TedMock
                      I swear some people enjoy making themselves look like children.
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• HAMMER
                        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                        • Jul 2003

That video makes it look like he is still favoring that knee considerably.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

Considering how we haven't had an OL in years , his asset as a blocker is gonna come in handy. OL is a HUGE need for this team, I don't have a problem with his contract. How much would Campbell have cost the team if we kept him? I'll take Royal over Campbell any day.

We b!tched about how this OL has done nothing all these years and we pay one of the best blocking TE's in the NFL 600,000 in the first year and 1.something in his second year and it's a problem.

Maybe we should've let Everrett block for us with a bad knee and when that knee pops again, people are gonna whine.
                          who's *****ing about Royal? Find somewhere in the post I *****ed about him? I "*****ed" that it a WASTE of money to sign him and give him $2.5 million to put his name on a contract if he's NOT starting.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

All the debate about who's starting may be moot because we'll see a lot of two-TE sets. The odd man out is Shelton.
                            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                              who's *****ing about Royal? Find somewhere in the post I *****ed about him? I "*****ed" that it a WASTE of money to sign him and give him $2.5 million to put his name on a contract if he's NOT starting.
                              Some people complained about Marv not dishing out enough cash to the guy that the cardinals matched and yet we pay one of the best blocking Te's decent cash and it's a problem? We just have to disagree about how much he's being paid. We need an OL and a sure blocker to help JP develop. I think some people just need to look beyond how much he's being paid and look at how much he can help both Willis and JP. If JP and Willis were proven players than we don't need Royal. Right now it isn't the case.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X