• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Kevin Everett - Update video

Originally posted by Tatonka
    is the first year not signifcantly lower than the last year of the contract?

kthanks.

:stfu:
    Are you SERIOUS??? IF that's the case, then about 98% of the contracts in the NFL are "backloaded".

This is a "backloaded" contract, with NO signing Bonus.
    Ryan Denney base salaries:
    2006: 600k
    2007: 1.9 million
    2008: 2.3 million
    2009: 2.4 million

Robert Royal will make more money in his SECOND and THIRD year than the final year of his contract.

And his contract is "backloaded" exactly HOW again? And once you come up with your answer for that again, you can explain the same to me about Josh Reed's contract.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Bruce is Loose
      • Jul 2002

a million a year is not much - it is easily less than the average player on the team will make (53 players filling out a sal cap of over a hundred mill). Starters will clearly make more than a million on average.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

A million a year is PLENTY for a TE if he's NOT the starter.. And in year two of his contract Royal's cap number will be $1.8, a RIDICULOUS amount for a TE if he's not the clear cut starter.

Look, I have no problem with Robert Royal. I am saying I have a HUGE problem giving a guy a multi-million signing bonus and a STARTER-earning contract if he's NOT the starting TE.. And for the record, I NEVER said he would NOT be starting either.

Comment

• MarvLevy
          Can I get some power to give REP?
          • Jul 2005

man.. this kind of ****ing comment is getting so old and played out.. i must have read it 150 times since free agency.

it can only be explained so many ****ing times before it sinks the **** in for some people.

4 years for 10 million isnt **** for money.. and all of the 4 year 10 million dollar deals are back loaded.. if they dont play well, they will be gone and it has cost this team chump change.. so get the **** over it and stop ****ing repeating your seft for **** sakes.. jesus.. so ****ing annoying.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• SquishDaFish
            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
            • Jun 2005

Go Tatonka!! Great posting.

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Ya great posting..

Forget about the fact the post is 100% WRONG and INACCURATE about "backloaded" contracts and it was just shown to him.. twice

But great posting anyway.

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

pat.. none of the base salaries matter.. so backloaded isnt the correct term.. they still make minimum salaries this year.. and have a 2million signing bonus roughly.

if they suck this year, and we cut them, it costs us a whole 1.5 million bucks.. more than likely, they will get at least 2 years with the new coaches.. so that means that all these guys will cost us 1 million against the cap..

point is.. WHO CARES!!!

you have said it so many damn times that the entire board is sick of hearing it.. that is why people are applauding the post.. because i said :stfu: which is what most people here wish you would do.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Spiderweb
                  ....formerly OhBF
                  • Sep 2003

pat.. none of the base salaries matter.. so backloaded isnt the correct term.. they still make minimum salaries this year.. and have a 2million signing bonus roughly.

if they suck this year, and we cut them, it costs us a whole 1.5 million bucks.. more than likely, they will get at least 2 years with the new coaches.. so that means that all these guys will cost us 1 million against the cap..

point is.. WHO CARES!!!

you have said it so many damn times that the entire board is sick of hearing it.. that is why people are applauding the post.. because i said :stfu: which is what most people here wish you would do.
                  Personally, reading posts from either "Pat" or "T" are generally interesting, even this dispute....
                  Spiderweb

Need a Hero? Try looking within your
                  own family. You might be surprised.

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

Everett is an athletic but raw TE. What he will be isn't real clear yet. He could end up being an all pro, but who really knows. He could be a great blocker, but his size does not suggest that he's going to be pancaking people with regularity. He does have good speed and hands, which suggests that receiving will likely be the forte of the final product, but he's got to get and stay healthy, and get some reps in training camp and playing time in games before he can be much of anything.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• shelby
                      The Vanilla *****
                      • Jul 2002

Oh ing stop you two. Y'all can argue your points without attacking each other.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

I didnt attack anybody, and I also didn't swear seven times in two paragraphs.

I simply said its INSANE to throw out $2+ million dollar signing bonuses to someone if he's not a CLEAR cut starter, ESPECIALLY a tight end, and its even more idiotic to suggest it's not a big deal to "only" lose out on $1.5 million towards the cap because a player didnt work out. There will be years when just a few million means the difference between landing an impact player we covet or not.

Comment

• Turf
                          • Jul 2002

Do we have a video of Everett actually moving?
                          Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• billsburgh
                            • Jul 2003

do you think we could see a lot of single back, 2 tight end sets? when Royal was signed, someone on the staff said it was like having a 6th lineman out there

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                              My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                              First of all, instead of swearing up a storm like a imature TOUGH GUY, why don't you go out and get yourself a CLUE with what you're talking about!

Royal's deal is for FIVE years and not four.. And you have to be totally mental to call his contract a "backloaded" contract.
                              Bills | Contract update: Royal
                              signed a five-year contract that includes base salaries of $585,000 (2006), $1.3 million (2007), $1.675 million (2008), $1.525 million (2009) and $1.44 million (2010).

Did I mention he got a $2.5 million signing bonus??? For the mathematically challenged, that means his cap figure is a half million for each year of his deal on his SIGNING bonus alone.. And if you think that's a backloaded contract maybe you should re-examine your knowledge on football. A "backloaded" contract is when almost ALL of the money is in the bottom two years of a contract, something along the lines Ryan Denney signed.

So with that contract, YES he BETTER be our starting TE or he was a TOTAL waste of a signing.. $1 million plus cap hit in his FIRST year of the deal is "chump change"?

And the SAME goes for Josh Reed.
                              Bills | Contract update: J. Reed
                              signed a four-year contract that includes base salaries of $600,000 (2006), $1.65 million (2007), $1.825 million (2008) and $2.025 million (2009).

He also got a $2 million signing bonus ($500k per year on the cap). His contract is FAR from "backloaded" as well.

So either he starts or is the number three receiver or AGAIN this was a STUPID signing. Is it still CHUMP change to just cut him if he doesnt produce this year, as he's barely done in FOUR years previously. That's $1.5 million cap hit ALONE just to cut him.

that shouldnt be "chump change" to a team that's been playoff-less for six years running.

So either Royal DOES start and Reed DOES at least be the #3 OR they were TWO useless and expensive signings and as you can see they are NOT backloaded contracts.

Maybe next time before one of your childish cuss-tantrums you can actually have an ideal of what you're TALKING about.
                              Reed's contract is backloaded. Royal's is not, but nor is it exactly lucrative in terms of recent numbers and the first year is low. It's a good contract for someone who is expected to contribute. You make mountains out of mole hills. You compare Royal's contract to Reed's and use Denney's as an example of a "backloaded" contract. Clearly, Reed's contract very closely resembles Denney's. Which is it dude?

There are a lot of knowledgeable football fans on this site, but very few are as blowhard in their posts as I have seen you sometimes.

Comment

• Night Train
                                Retired - On Several Levels
                                • Jul 2005

man.. this kind of ****ing comment is getting so old and played out.. i must have read it 150 times since free agency.

it can only be explained so many ****ing times before it sinks the **** in for some people.

4 years for 10 million isnt **** for money.. and all of the 4 year 10 million dollar deals are back loaded.. if they dont play well, they will be gone and it has cost this team chump change.. so get the **** over it and stop ****ing repeating your seft for **** sakes.. jesus.. so ****ing annoying.
                                Well said.

I realize the players got a signing bonus as an incentive to come to Buffalo but these 4 year 10 Mil deals are low paying 1-2 year deals at best. ( Royal, Reed, Price etc. ).
                                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                                X