• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rschepise
    Zoner
    • May 2005

IF I were GM

I would resign: Josh Reed, Ron Edwards, and Ryan Denney (Can be good role players)

I would Sign Jason Peters to a long terms contract (Will be good for years to come).

I would Sign Nate Clements to a long term contract (Will be good for Years to come)

I would trade Eric Moulds, our second round pick, and the number 8 overall to Philly in exchange for Javon Kearse, Hollis Thomas and their first overall pick.
    (Would solidify our D-Line and make us instant competitors)

I would then sign Peerless Price, Jason Fabini, Lance Shulters (Add to competition at WR and will fill other holes and LT and S

I would trade our first overall pick, one of our thirds, and a future second for both of Denvers first round picks

With the 22 and 29th pick, I would take Nick Mangold and Charles Spencer (With the rest of the draft I would add depth at LB, RB, TE, S) This will also solidify the interior of our offensive line for years:
    Fabini, Spencer, Mangold, Preston, Peters

With Eric Moulds gone and the reworking of Nate Clements Contract; I feel like all this would definitely be possible! (I should be GM!)
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: IF I were GM

w.t.f
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Devin
      The Octagon
      • Apr 2003

this isnt madden.
      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

it's not too bad ... extept the Eagles trade would never happen
        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• rschepise
          Zoner
          • May 2005

I'm not saying it is Madden. Let's take some calculated risks instead of sitting around with our thumbs up our butts, settling for 5-11 seasons.

Comment

• rschepise
            Zoner
            • May 2005

I'm not saying it is Madden. Let's take some calculated risks instead of sitting around with our thumbs up our butts, settling for 5-11 seasons.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

not bad.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                • Feb 2005

That kind of wheelin' and dealin' would give ol' Marv the reputation of quite the gunslingin' maverick!

and it would leave all our heads spinnin !

Sure would be fun to watch that kind of action :)
                In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

Dat's some sharp thinkin' dare.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by rschepise
                    I would resign: Josh Reed, Ron Edwards, and Ryan Denney (Can be good role players)

I would Sign Jason Peters to a long terms contract (Will be good for years to come).

I would Sign Nate Clements to a long term contract (Will be good for Years to come)

I would trade Eric Moulds, our second round pick, and the number 8 overall to Philly in exchange for Javon Kearse, Hollis Thomas and their first overall pick.
                    (Would solidify our D-Line and make us instant competitors)

I would then sign Peerless Price, Jason Fabini, Lance Shulters (Add to competition at WR and will fill other holes and LT and S

I would trade our first overall pick, one of our thirds, and a future second for both of Denvers first round picks

With the 22 and 29th pick, I would take Nick Mangold and Charles Spencer (With the rest of the draft I would add depth at LB, RB, TE, S) This will also solidify the interior of our offensive line for years:
                    Fabini, Spencer, Mangold, Preston, Peters

With Eric Moulds gone and the reworking of Nate Clements Contract; I feel like all this would definitely be possible! (I should be GM!)
                    4 words for ya....Stick with playing Madden.

Comment

• lynobx
                      • Jan 2005

I'm not sure that the trades are realistic, but your moves are good on paper - except for Peerless. We could do better in the draft.

Comment

• rschepise
                        Zoner
                        • May 2005

What would you do ICE? You know it all Hack! 4 Words for ya......you suck monkey balls

Comment

• Mudflap1
                          Next Question!
                          • Nov 2004

1. We don't know Jason Peters will be good for years to come. He is an undrafted 2nd year player who did an adequate job last year at RT on one of the worst offensive lines in football. He hasn't proven enough to earn a long-term deal yet. Let's see if he gets any better. Ralph Wilson himself would've looked better than Bennie Anderson on the line last year, that's how bad they were.

2. Eric Moulds has ZERO trade value. Zippo. It's been all over the papers and news across the country that he's going to inevitably be a cap casualty. Then he came out and demanded his release, saying he won't restructure his deal. Why would anyone trade anything for him when they can keep their asset and sign him outright? Don't say "because they would get the exclusive for him instead of being caught up in a bidding war." Nobody is paying E-Mo big money anymore, and there are only a few teams interested. Repeat: no trade value there.

3. Even though Hollis Thomas and the Eagles aren't agreeing on terms, no way Philly trades two of their best defensive linemen to us for a trade involving their first round pick and Eric Moulds. No way.

4. No way Denver trades their two 1st round picks for our first (from Philly), a second and a third. Who would do that?

However, I'm fine with signing Nate long-term, and if we have the availability, signing the three stooges you listed at the top. Your draft picks are good players, but we need offensive and defensive linemen (and don't say you listed Philly's guys as our DL!!!). We need to do something more realistic than that. I like your enthusiasm, and sure would like to see some action myself, but we have to do stuff that "our group" would do, conservative as they are.

BTW, funny stuff with your reply to ICE...

Jon

Comment

Working...
                          X