• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE

Originally posted by patmoran2006
    Craig Nall as QB competition? lol, don't even get me started dudes..what the hell is going on here.. Wow, we really are turning into the Arizona Bills..
    I"m SOOO sick and tired of hearing about "not overpaying" for names and this and that.. We were in GOOD cap shape compared to the league average to being with.. THEN the cap went up $7.5 million.. We have a few BUMS on our team with Bennie Anderson leading the charge for money and we have Moulds who will NEVER take a paycut to play in Buffalo, with over $5 million in MORE cap money..

Unless you have no problem with Buffalo being a bottom feeder for the next 3-4 years minimum, I suggest that Marv Levy stops spending times on the Nalls, Bowens and Devries of the world at this "roster making" time of Free Agency.

Buffalo is now EASILY in the top 10 of teams left with cap room to spend. Go out and PAY for a Fabini or Runyan at tackle.. Go out and get Wells or Neal to play guard (I'll drive Bennie to the airport myself)..
    It's getting to a point of Free Agency where a lot of the players that can help turn your team around TODAY are gone. Do you know Milloy and Adams are the highest rated players at their positions left in FA?

I had no problems with their cuts, but given our friendly cap situation I never thought in a million years (outside of Tripplett) that we wouldn't have addressed these positions in FA.

Tripplett is here to take Edwards/Anderson/Bannon's spot.. Don't fool yourself... When Adams was cut I thought alright cool we'll go get a Bernard, Pickett, Glover, Pryce or Kemo.. didn't happen.. I mean, we did save $3.5 million but cutting Adams..

Same with Milloy.. We cut him and saved $2.5 million... Why didn't we put up the bucks and get McCree or Archuleta? Even Chavous would have been great in "our new cover two".

No, instead we go out and sign a blocking TE in Royal (who is never going to be anything more than a David Moore) and Andre DAvis AKA Antonio Brown...
    Eric Moulds will NOT take a paycut if he has to remain in Buffalo and our half-senile grandmothers (RIP to the ones who aren't with us) know this. Why in the world did we NOT get it done and get a real 2nd WR like Antonio Bryant, David Given or Joe Jurevicious.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.. Draft, Draft, Draft.. I have a newsflash... You can only get so much help through a draft.. As we learned with Mike Williams, NOTHING in the draft is a given anyway.. I'll spend my cash on a five-year proven NFL veteran before a draft prospect anyway.. The Draft is important to the future.. but damn. We've been looking to the future for six years now.

I have no problem personally with Moore.. err I mean Royal; or Davis. But those guys should be AFTERTHOUGHTS.. NOT pieces to a playoff puzzle that has alluded the Bills for six years running.

This organization is a straight up mess.. Getting rid of Donahoe and especially Mularkey (him quitting was a gift) COULD have been a major turning point.

When you have a 87-year old owner, one who can barely communicate a sentence properly to the public anymore, introduce a 80-year old rookie GM.. who then goes out and gets a recylcled head coach in Jauron.. What are your thoughts?

Call me crazy, my thoughts are like "alright man, this team is done with rebuilding and their going to put a product out there that can compete and win right away."

Wrong.. We are in nothing but another rebuilding phase.. Cut this veteran, cut that veteran, replace him with younger cheaper guys.. Draft well.. blahblahblah.

If This was going to be are route then Levy should never have been hired, and surely Jauron not either.. If we're going the "we will get high character guys and young guys who havent hit that 'age wall' (those are Levy's direct words).. Then why didnt we just go with a young upstart coach like Bates or Kubiak. (Donahoe got it wrong, twice) and a younger GM who has YEARS LEFT on the tank for a long term vision.

I have no problem with "high character" guys I understand what it does for chemistry. But all the high character in the world isn't going to help Andre Davis get 5 yards off the line when Ty Law is covering him or stop the ball from hitting Royal in the facemask when JP (Or is it Holcomb?) fires a bullet at him over the middle.

Mix some high character with some a$$holes like T.O. and Jerry Porter.

Ahh a whole new subject.. WHY NOT sign T.O.? He's a jackoff yes.. He destroyed PHilly's club house.... He's a spoiled little baby.. He also happens to be the VERY BEST WR in the entire NFL... Deal with him Mon-Sat just like Marv did with Jimbo.. ON Sundays there is NOBODY in the league better than T.O.. He damn near took Philly on his back and beat NE in the Super Bowl by himself.

and here's the funny thing, with the money you save by cutting Moulds alone, you can have TO! Put it this way, how much further can TO throw JP under the bus than Moulds did last year? You wanna know the difference? TO wont beat around the bush like that just-as selfish coward Moulds did it..Yer Levy "wants to find a way to keep Moulds". And here's a thing.. Maybe, just maybe.. TO actually learned his lesson and is ready to play football.. Give him an incentive-laced contract.. If he gets back to just being the best WR in football you pay him accordingly.. If he effs up, you throw him off the team and how much did he hurt your team that was already miles away from contending to begin with?

Again, take Joey Porter.. Horrible guy, big mouth.. Cowher is as tough as they come.. You know why Cowher puts up with it? He knows he NEEDS JOey Porters on his team as much if not more than the class guys like Betis. Its what WINS super bowls.

The bottom line is Ralph Wilson is bitter at the league and has flat out gotten ridiculously cheap. He hired Jauron becuase he was cheap.. Wilson WANTS to win a Super Bowl, he just doesnt want to have to PAY to win a Super Bowl.

The bottom feeders that sat alongside the Bills the past several years are all taking steps to get better. Look at what Arizona and Cleveland has done.. Even teams that aren't in much better cap shape are doing more.. Tennessee had only around $6 million in cap room yet they go out and get Mawae, Givens and Hope. Those sound like three guys in three positions that Buffalo could use.. they have LESS cap room than we do..

I can't stand this organization anymore.. I have both a personal and business interest vested in the Bills and it SUCKS first and foremost as a fan to see CRAP disguised as "high character" mean nothing more than "we aint paying the money it takes to get impact players who can double our win total"

Brace yourself, because as much as I hate to admit it, you're now smack dab in the middle of what has become the worst franchise in the entire NFL.

And for the record, there may be many on here AS devoted to the Bills as me, but NOBODY wants to see them win more than me.

Signed,
    Future Bill
    Brady Quinn in 2007 with Pick #1 Overall
    take a zynax and wait to see what our lineup looks like going into the season before you go on these types of rants.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

and for the record LOG and myself both want the bills to win more than you do pmoran....

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

I am a Bills fan.. I am just not a "homer" like some of you.

I take my hat off when they make good moves or develop good players (Peters, McGee)..

and I throw it on the ground when they get it wrong (Gandy, Bennie, too many more to mention)

But unless the Bills plan on filling 5 starting spots through the draft, I fail to see any progress towards improvement on a 5-11 season.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Craig Nall as QB competition? lol, don't even get me started dudes..what the hell is going on here.. Wow, we really are turning into the Arizona Bills..
          I"m SOOO sick and tired of hearing about "not overpaying" for names and this and that.. We were in GOOD cap shape compared to the league average to being with.. THEN the cap went up $7.5 million.. We have a few BUMS on our team with Bennie Anderson leading the charge for money and we have Moulds who will NEVER take a paycut to play in Buffalo, with over $5 million in MORE cap money..

Unless you have no problem with Buffalo being a bottom feeder for the next 3-4 years minimum, I suggest that Marv Levy stops spending times on the Nalls, Bowens and Devries of the world at this "roster making" time of Free Agency.

Buffalo is now EASILY in the top 10 of teams left with cap room to spend. Go out and PAY for a Fabini or Runyan at tackle.. Go out and get Wells or Neal to play guard (I'll drive Bennie to the airport myself)..
          It's getting to a point of Free Agency where a lot of the players that can help turn your team around TODAY are gone. Do you know Milloy and Adams are the highest rated players at their positions left in FA?

I had no problems with their cuts, but given our friendly cap situation I never thought in a million years (outside of Tripplett) that we wouldn't have addressed these positions in FA.

Tripplett is here to take Edwards/Anderson/Bannon's spot.. Don't fool yourself... When Adams was cut I thought alright cool we'll go get a Bernard, Pickett, Glover, Pryce or Kemo.. didn't happen.. I mean, we did save $3.5 million but cutting Adams..

Same with Milloy.. We cut him and saved $2.5 million... Why didn't we put up the bucks and get McCree or Archuleta? Even Chavous would have been great in "our new cover two".

No, instead we go out and sign a blocking TE in Royal (who is never going to be anything more than a David Moore) and Andre DAvis AKA Antonio Brown...
          Eric Moulds will NOT take a paycut if he has to remain in Buffalo and our half-senile grandmothers (RIP to the ones who aren't with us) know this. Why in the world did we NOT get it done and get a real 2nd WR like Antonio Bryant, David Given or Joe Jurevicious.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.. Draft, Draft, Draft.. I have a newsflash... You can only get so much help through a draft.. As we learned with Mike Williams, NOTHING in the draft is a given anyway.. I'll spend my cash on a five-year proven NFL veteran before a draft prospect anyway.. The Draft is important to the future.. but damn. We've been looking to the future for six years now.

I have no problem personally with Moore.. err I mean Royal; or Davis. But those guys should be AFTERTHOUGHTS.. NOT pieces to a playoff puzzle that has alluded the Bills for six years running.

This organization is a straight up mess.. Getting rid of Donahoe and especially Mularkey (him quitting was a gift) COULD have been a major turning point.

When you have a 87-year old owner, one who can barely communicate a sentence properly to the public anymore, introduce a 80-year old rookie GM.. who then goes out and gets a recylcled head coach in Jauron.. What are your thoughts?

Call me crazy, my thoughts are like "alright man, this team is done with rebuilding and their going to put a product out there that can compete and win right away."

Wrong.. We are in nothing but another rebuilding phase.. Cut this veteran, cut that veteran, replace him with younger cheaper guys.. Draft well.. blahblahblah.

If This was going to be are route then Levy should never have been hired, and surely Jauron not either.. If we're going the "we will get high character guys and young guys who havent hit that 'age wall' (those are Levy's direct words).. Then why didnt we just go with a young upstart coach like Bates or Kubiak. (Donahoe got it wrong, twice) and a younger GM who has YEARS LEFT on the tank for a long term vision.

I have no problem with "high character" guys I understand what it does for chemistry. But all the high character in the world isn't going to help Andre Davis get 5 yards off the line when Ty Law is covering him or stop the ball from hitting Royal in the facemask when JP (Or is it Holcomb?) fires a bullet at him over the middle.

Mix some high character with some a$$holes like T.O. and Jerry Porter.

Ahh a whole new subject.. WHY NOT sign T.O.? He's a jackoff yes.. He destroyed PHilly's club house.... He's a spoiled little baby.. He also happens to be the VERY BEST WR in the entire NFL... Deal with him Mon-Sat just like Marv did with Jimbo.. ON Sundays there is NOBODY in the league better than T.O.. He damn near took Philly on his back and beat NE in the Super Bowl by himself.

and here's the funny thing, with the money you save by cutting Moulds alone, you can have TO! Put it this way, how much further can TO throw JP under the bus than Moulds did last year? You wanna know the difference? TO wont beat around the bush like that just-as selfish coward Moulds did it..Yer Levy "wants to find a way to keep Moulds". And here's a thing.. Maybe, just maybe.. TO actually learned his lesson and is ready to play football.. Give him an incentive-laced contract.. If he gets back to just being the best WR in football you pay him accordingly.. If he effs up, you throw him off the team and how much did he hurt your team that was already miles away from contending to begin with?

Again, take Joey Porter.. Horrible guy, big mouth.. Cowher is as tough as they come.. You know why Cowher puts up with it? He knows he NEEDS JOey Porters on his team as much if not more than the class guys like Betis. Its what WINS super bowls.

The bottom line is Ralph Wilson is bitter at the league and has flat out gotten ridiculously cheap. He hired Jauron becuase he was cheap.. Wilson WANTS to win a Super Bowl, he just doesnt want to have to PAY to win a Super Bowl.

The bottom feeders that sat alongside the Bills the past several years are all taking steps to get better. Look at what Arizona and Cleveland has done.. Even teams that aren't in much better cap shape are doing more.. Tennessee had only around $6 million in cap room yet they go out and get Mawae, Givens and Hope. Those sound like three guys in three positions that Buffalo could use.. they have LESS cap room than we do..

I can't stand this organization anymore.. I have both a personal and business interest vested in the Bills and it SUCKS first and foremost as a fan to see CRAP disguised as "high character" mean nothing more than "we aint paying the money it takes to get impact players who can double our win total"

Brace yourself, because as much as I hate to admit it, you're now smack dab in the middle of what has become the worst franchise in the entire NFL.

And for the record, there may be many on here AS devoted to the Bills as me, but NOBODY wants to see them win more than me.

Signed,
          Future Bill
          Brady Quinn in 2007 with Pick #1 Overall

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

We will see who's whining in December when Kelly Holcomb is throwing 5-yard out passes to Andre Davis on 3rd and 11.

(Also there was holding on the play by STARTING incumbent guard Bennie Anderson, which was declined)

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Don't worry Pattie...we will be here.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

I am a Bills fan.. I am just not a "homer" like some of you.

I take my hat off when they make good moves or develop good players (Peters, McGee)..

and I throw it on the ground when they get it wrong (Gandy, Bennie, too many more to mention)

But unless the Bills plan on filling 5 starting spots through the draft, I fail to see any progress towards improvement on a 5-11 season.
                The season is still months away. Still a LOT of players that can help us. I will be just as upset as you are now if we do nothing else in FA but I don't see that happening. More players will be brought in.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                  The season is still months away. Still a LOT of players that can help us. I will be just as upset as you are now if we do nothing else in FA but I don't see that happening. More players will be brought in.
                  Thurm, I agree with you.. But are they gonna be Fabini's, Runyan's or Neal's.. Or are they going to be the bums we have in there today?

Comment

• Marvelous
                    • Feb 2004

WOW! I mustsay every rant & complaint in that post was valid & true. Raplh is cheap and that won't change. We are stuck withing mediocrity for the time being i fear.... let it out Pat, let it out man..
                    GO BILLS!!! NE
                    Magical Trevor

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Haha! Pat , I think you should take time off from football. You've written so much about the bills I don't even know if you had time to take a dump which could be the reason why you're losin it.

Go on vacation or you'll turn into Skoob or worse, Feelthepain.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.

6 months until the first real game. Current Grade = Incomplete
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mudflap1
                          Next Question!
                          • Nov 2004

Too early to panic, but some very valid points made. We definitely need some OL and more DL guys. Also, we obviously need a SS, and a replacement for Moulds. Second-rate players that come cheap but aren't good enough to start anywhere else aren't the answers. When we get our chance, we should pony up for the right players. I would seriously consider the Denver two 1st round pick trade for 2007 considerations. We could dramatically beef up the team with young top prospects at several positions. I don't think we have the game to do it in a million years though. Until Marv changes the way we think, it's sad, but I don't expect a whole lot of creativity, shock value, or impressive moves from this organization. We're too used to failure and underachieving.

I'm not ready to officially declare this, but this could in fact really be the worst NFL franchise right now.

Jon

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                            Roways rooking ahread!
                            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by casdhf
                            looks like you're hunting for a new team
                            You people are so happy with what they are doing now are going to be sorry later. This whole offseason has made me sick. They have mishandled and mismanaged everything to this point. We have a WR / TE so far to show for it. You go find a new team casdhf, I liek the Bills. I grew up in Buffalo and will follow them until the die I die. The one thing many of you don't understand is the other teams in our division are now much stronger than us (except the jets) and I cannot see us ending at or near the basement again. I have only morons like all of you to blame who have the who cares attitude, we'll I care and think they need to buy the good one's that are coming in.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                              Roways rooking ahread!
                              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Mudflap1
                              Too early to panic, but some very valid points made. We definitely need some OL and more DL guys. Also, we obviously need a SS, and a replacement for Moulds. Second-rate players that come cheap but aren't good enough to start anywhere else aren't the answers. When we get our chance, we should pony up for the right players. I would seriously consider the Denver two 1st round pick trade for 2007 considerations. We could dramatically beef up the team with young top prospects at several positions. I don't think we have the game to do it in a million years though. Until Marv changes the way we think, it's sad, but I don't expect a whole lot of creativity, shock value, or impressive moves from this organization. We're too used to failure and underachieving.

I'm not ready to officially declare this, but this could in fact really be the worst NFL franchise right now.

Jon

Oh no, your right on. We are right there for the worst team.

Comment

• ICE74129
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Night Train
                                Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.

6 months until the first real game. Current Grade = Incomplete
                                Good post

Comment

Working...
                                X