• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

Un friggen BILLievable

I was throughly pissed with the hiring of Jauron, but I also said that if this team made strides in Free Agency it would all be good.

Well folks, it's not good. Almost a week into Free Agency and every top notch guy is off the market. The Bills did nothing to replace Milloy, signed Triplett but still have a need on the DT, as well at DE. Not to mention Posey and Fletcher are nearing the end of their careers and Clements will be playing all pissed off trying to get a better deal next year, and we have no clue how Spikes will return after a devastating injury.

Oh yeah, nothing has been done to fix our OLine, except cutting guys we already had. This was the #1 priority for this team and every one knew it. I thought at least they'd go after a top-tier Lineman and then maybe draft another. Looks like that won't be happening. This spells doom for JP for another miserable year, unless he's superman which after watching last year I highly doubt. Oh yeah, and our #1 WR wants out of town. But we did sign Washington's backup TE.

Unlike a lot of you, I can take the homer glasses off. This team will battle the Jets for last place... that is the only competition we can look forward to this coming season. No draft even with an A+ grade can help this team this year. I was expecting another down, losing season, but I thought at least this team would show some backbone and try to upgrade. It's like they don't even care.

It's one thing to not sign guys, but tons of guys that could have helped weren't, or aren't, being brought in even for interviews.
  • Thurmal
    • Oct 2005

Re: Un friggen BILLievable

You do realize that plenty of veterans are going to be cut between now and beginning of the season, right?
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Bill Brasky
      • Jan 2004

Really? Who? Do you have a crystal ball? Please, inform us as to who this team could use that is eventually going to be released?

I'm sure there will be tons of WR's and RB's cut... 2 positions they don't need.

I highly doubt any high impact, interior lineman will be released. They can't field a team with 5 WR's and 5 backup lineman on the roster like they've tried doing the last 2 seasons.

Comment

• Bling
        • Jul 2004

If I had rep, I'd posrep you.

Also, my theory is that poor ole Marv won't be able to dedicate his time to GMing when it comes to staying up late to evaluate players, so you're already at a disadvantage in the draft.

With the 1st pick in the 2007 Draft, the Bills select...

Comment

• Meathead
          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
          • Jul 2002

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• SquishDaFish
            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
            • Jun 2005

Buffalo WILL NOT have the #1 pick in the draft next year you loser. It does washington real good every year when they buy all the top guys right out of the gates huh? Thats right they wont he last 3 SBs didnt they. Stop with the crap already OFFSEASON IS LONG not just the 1st Week Idiot.

Comment

• Bling
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by BillsIN05
              Buffalo WILL NOT have the #1 pick in the draft next year you loser. It does washington real good every year when they buy all the top guys right out of the gates huh? Thats right they wont he last 3 SBs didnt they. Stop with the crap already OFFSEASON IS LONG not just the 1st Week Idiot.
              San Francisco doesn't pay any money in the offseason, Arizona hadn't, NO hadn't, Green Bay hasn't. Washington spends money, and they were in the playoffs and continue to improve their team. What do the Bills do? Overpay for Richard?? Royals.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                • Jun 2005

Robert first off moron. Buffalo will be fine when the WHOLE offseason gets done. Not ot mention the draft. Miami finally gets a decent QB so let me guess they are the team to beat??

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Actually, a lot of you are wrong to assume there is going to be a lot of June 1 cuts when teams now have $7.5 more million in their operating budget..
                  Some will cut due to salary, but now the majority that will be cut will be due to NOT being very good.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

And Freeman just got pos rep from me for the first time..

For being a Bills fans and speaking out against a TOTAL CRAP offseason to this point.. You can be a Bills fan and NOT be a homer.. Anyone who as of right now thinks this team will win more than 5 games next year has some issues.

the offseason is long, just like the football season.. The only problem is each week you dont line up over and do it again.. YOu get ONE period to get as much talent as you can.. When you get NONE, and anybody who thinks Larry Tripplett is a #1 DT is fooling themself.. Its not wait til tommorow.

It's "wait til next year"

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                      • Jan 2004

BillsIN05, no need to call people names.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsIN05
                        Miami finally gets a decent QB so let me guess they are the team to beat??
                        Considering how well they finished last season and how many players NE is losing to FA I would say so.

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

Yup, we suck in March.
                          Time to call the WGR whiner line and squeal like a Wendy.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                            And Freeman just got pos rep from me for the first time..

For being a Bills fans and speaking out against a TOTAL CRAP offseason to this point.. You can be a Bills fan and NOT be a homer.. Anyone who as of right now thinks this team will win more than 5 games next year has some issues.

the offseason is long, just like the football season.. The only problem is each week you dont line up over and do it again.. YOu get ONE period to get as much talent as you can.. When you get NONE, and anybody who thinks Larry Tripplett is a #1 DT is fooling themself.. Its not wait til tommorow.

It's "wait til next year"
                            Speaking out doesn't make you a non homer, it makes you an uninformed, Knee jerking moron. 5 days into FA and you ***** like old women. Let the process play out then see where we are.

Comment

• dplus47
                              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                              Actually, a lot of you are wrong to assume there is going to be a lot of June 1 cuts when teams now have $7.5 more million in their operating budget..
                              Some will cut due to salary, but now the majority that will be cut will be due to NOT being very good.
                              isn't there a provision in the new CBA that allows teams to cut two guys prior to june 1 and still prorate the cap hit over 2 years? i heard some NFL talking head say something about this...

answered my own question. here's a link. this might cut down the number of players available, as some of the 6/1 cuts may have already happened:

Comment

Working...
                              X