• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: What's Left in Free Agency?

F it. Marv should just sign a veteran dt and draft a dt to groom either this year or next year.

Comment

• kgun12
      • Jul 2002

OG 3
      Stephen Neal

OG 11
      Matt Stinchcomb

OG 2
      Vince Manuwai

OT 1
      Jon Runyan

OT 2
      Jeff Backus

OT 3
      Brad Hopkins

OT 4
      Jason Fabini

OT 8
      Tom Ashworth

C 3
      Mike Flanagan

DT 15
      Brentson Buckner

DT 16
      Russell Davis

WR 13
      Reche Caldwell

WR 15
      Kevin Curtis

These guys would be on my list of guys still available!
      Retired Air Traffic Controller
      USAF VETERAN
      DAV

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

Dockery sounds pretty promising to me actually.

Depending on the contract, Pearson might be worth the risk.

McKinney or Fowler would be great.

Russell Davis is the only DT left that interests me. He wants bigger bucks than Arizona was willing to pay him though, and they have a decent amoungt of cap room.

Jefferson and Bashir are the safeties I like.

In reality if Buffalo got two players out of that list, that would be about as much as I would expect. There is still adraft coming up, and there may be some serviceable players cut after June 1, though I suspect with the cap jumping so much, that's going to be less of a factor than in past years.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Anyone that rates Ron Edwards ahead of anyone has never seen him play. Getting blown out on every running play should be listed at the top of his scouting report.

I'll take my chances with a new face.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
            Anyone that rates Ron Edwards ahead of anyone has never seen him play. Getting blown out on every running play should be listed at the top of his scouting report.

I'll take my chances with a new face.
            He's not that bad. His main problem is staying healthy IMO.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Any thoughts? Who do you want?

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

Runyan or Fabini at OT
                Any of those Guards
                Russell or Jackson at DT
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Kerr
                  Hall of Fame Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Fabini and Davis
                  Both younger than their counterparts jackson and runyon.

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

Missing a position: WR. Moulds is burning his bridges, so I doubt he'll be back. If he goes, we need a starter. Davis is not.
                    How about Nate Burleson? He's an RFA, so it would cost us a third-round pick, but the Vikes offered him only the minimum, so we wouldn't have to make an outrageous offer. He'll be only 25 this year, had 1,000 yards in 2004. He's not a No. 1 but would be a good complement to Evans.

Stay up to date with all the Minnesota Vikings football news, free agency, NFL draft, and more at 247Sports.com
                    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• TedMock
                      • Jul 2002

Isn't Dockery an RFA? I wonder what he would cost. He's turned into an excellent guard. However, he did go to Texas, so that may scare some fans away. I'd love to get him in here. McKinney would also be a great pickup. I'd prefer not to have the over 30 guys, but if we must as a stop-gap, so-be-it. A healthy Fabini, or Runyan would be the best fits in that category.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Well, for now there are still most of the players from the list available. We still have a chance to bring in quite a few good players. Come on Marv. At least bring them for an interview.

Offensive Tackle

1. Jon Runyan (Eagles) - Will be 33 this year and he wants to be paid, but is still a damn good OT.

3. Tom Ashworth (Patriots) - 28 years old, and is a pretty good player.
                        4. Brad Hopkins (Titans) - Will be 36 this year, but is still a good tackle, has a nice mean streak in him too.
                        5. Mike Pearson (Jaguars) - 26 years old, has had problems staying healthy, but is a very good athlete.
                        6. Anthony Clement (49ers) - Will be 30 this year, but is a good run blocking tackle.
                        7. Ephraim Salaam (Jaguars) - Will be 30 this year, and is more of a depth player.

Offensive Guard

1. Vince Manuwai (Jaguars) - 25 years old, Is a restricted FA and would cost a 3rd round draft pick but is worth it.
                        2. Reggie Wells (Cardinals) - 25 years old and is a up and coming player (RFA), but the Cardinals would most likely match the offer.
                        3. Stephen Neal (Patriots) - Will be 30 this year, but is a solid guard and would help improve this young OL.
                        4. Derrick Dockery (Redskins) - 25 years old, is a road grader and has good footwork. Could turn into a solid guard in the future.
                        5. Matt Stinchcomb (Buccaneers) - 28 years old, if he can stay healthy, he is a good player.

Center

1. Jeff Mitchell (Panthers) - 32 years old, is a pretty good player, but is slowing down.
                        2. Mike Flanagan (Packers) - Will be 33 years old, is a solid center and would be a good player to mentor a rookie or Duke Preston.
                        3. Seth McKinney (Dolphins) - 26 years old, is a solid center, but is coming off a season ending injury.
                        4. Melvin Fowler (Vikings) - 26 years old, can move to guard in a pinch, does a good job at center.

Defensive Tackle

2. Grady Jackson (Packers) - 33 years old, is starting to fade, but is still a solid run stuffer.
                        3. Ron Edwards (Bills) - 26 years old, Is a solid run stopper, but has problems staying healthy
                        4. Lance Legree (Jets) - 28 years old, is more of a depth player, but could be a solid NT.
                        5. Lional Dalton (Chiefs) - 31 years old, Is a good two gap run stopper, but tends to wear down towards the end of the game.

Safety

1. Tank Williams (Titans) - 25 years old, very physical player, who is good at run support. Can play over the top in a Cover 2 scheme, but is often late breaking to the ball.
                        2. Tebucky Jones (Dolphins) - Will be 32 years old, is slowing down and not as physical as he used to be.
                        3. Derrick Gibson (Raiders) - 26 years old, Is a tough, physical player versus the run, but he is coming off a season ending injury.
                        4. Joseph Jefferson (Colts) - 26 years old, has good size and good running ability, and has good range, is capable of playing over the top in a Cover 2 scheme.
                        5. Idrees Bashir (Panthers) - 27 years old, is a strong sure tackler. He has adequate range in Cover 2 and can run with most tight ends and backs in man-to-man coverage.

Get a complete list of all the NFL free agents, their grades and ESPN's expert analysis on their future prospects.

Comment

Working...
                        X