• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Cody
    • Sep 2004

Re: Why the Gailey Hate

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
    is it too much to ask for a team with a 21-7 lead to not fumble at the 1 with their Injured back to go up 28-7 and ice the game?
    apparently yes

is it too much to ask the team to not get the ridiculous 14 penalties which gifted the other team 21 points?
    apparently yes

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Sell Local Ralph View Post
      That's all fine and dandy but you ain't winning anything with Fitz. As for picking him I agree he should have tried TJ. But saying get the most of your team in a QB driven league when you have garbage under center is kind of silly. And I'm far from a Gailey fan. This idea that we're a better coach away is officially getting annoying.
      oh, we are far from a better coach away- that's for damn sure. But the coach we have will NEVER win it all, regardless of how much talent we give him.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Sell Local Ralph View Post
        That's all fine and dandy but you ain't winning anything with Fitz. As for picking him I agree he should have tried TJ. But saying get the most of your team in a QB driven league when you have garbage under center is kind of silly. And I'm far from a Gailey fan. This idea that we're a better coach away is officially getting annoying.
        Gailey couldn't win with a HOF QB and HOF RB as the focal points of his offense.

We're a better coach away as well as numerous pieces on the field.

Comment

• JoeMama
          Emotion Sickness
          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by DesertFox24 View Post
          No asking for his head and thinking a new guy can come in and rebuild in less than three years is 100% emotion and no logic.

Good teams and good franchises stay the course and right the ship they do not constantly tear it down and try to rebuild.

You people are crazy.
          Thirteen years without a playoff berth and yet we're the crazy ones? Why, because we expect better results from Chan Gailey in year three?

Newsflash, guy. If a coach can't get it done in year three, chances are, his blueprint is flawed. I bet you could give Chan an entire decade and he'd still never break .500.

I'd respond to you point by point but Albany,n.y. already mopped the floor with you in post #41.
          Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by gebobs View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Much more? You are easily amused. You make a perfect Bills fan.
            Yes, MUCH MORE exciting. Many of the Bills losses have come late in the game under Chan & there was hope they could pull out the win because they have done so a few times. When Dick was HC, he played not to lose & lost many times trying to hang on to his 3 point lead.

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
              Bull**** my A**. You must have a very poor memory if you don't think Chans Bills are much more exciting than Dicks Bills.
              Wins excite me. They are both losers.

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

Yes, MUCH MORE exciting. Many of the Bills losses have come late in the game under Chan & there was hope they could pull out the win because they have done so a few times. When Dick was HC, he played not to lose & lost many times trying to hang on to his 3 point lead.

Punting from the opponents 34 is playing not to lose.

Comment

• gebobs
                  One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                  • Sep 2003

Yes, MUCH MORE exciting.
                  Sorry, I don't like losses any way they come.

Many of the Bills losses have come late in the game under Chan & there was hope they could pull out the win because they have done so a few times.
                  This might be a case of selective memory. Gailey has plenty of hopeless games. Let's look at how many 10+ point losses both guys had. Surely those games there was little hope that the team would "pull it out".

Jauron: 17/64 (27%)
                  Gailey: 15/44 (34%)

Hmmmm...doesn't look good for the old Chump Gailey.

When Dick was HC, he played not to lose & lost many times trying to hang on to his 3 point lead.
                  Wait. I thought you liked close exciting games even if they were losses?

No doubt, Jauron could snatch defeat from the jaws of victory like no one else. Don't think for a minute that I miss Skeletor. But Gailey's no slouch either. Late leads lost I can see with a quick glance through 7 years of box scores...

Jauron '06: NE, TEN '07: DEN, DAL '08: CLE, NYJ '09: NE, JAX, PIT
                  Gailey: '10: CHI, PIT '11: CIN, NYJ '12: TEN

Unless I've missed something, Jauron lost 14% of games with late leads and Gailey has lost 11%. If that's progress, it ain't much.

And let's not forget just how putrid that Gailey is in the AFC. Jauron, that dumbass, had as many divisional wins in one year than Gailey has had in nearly three. 3/13 in the division. Yeeehaaaah...that's awesome!!!
                  Last edited by gebobs; 12-05-2012, 02:26 PM.
                  Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Novacane
                    • Jul 2002

I think better days is confusing their personalities with on field play. Chan talks a good game but compared to dead man walking Dick anyone is going to appear exciting.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                      Punting from the opponents 34 is playing not to lose.
                      The difference is Dick played not to lose from the opening kickoff.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                        Sorry, I don't like losses any way they come.

This might be a case of selective memory. Gailey has plenty of hopeless games. Let's look at how many 10+ point losses both guys had. Surely those games there was little hope that the team would "pull it out".

Jauron: 17/64 (27%)
                        Gailey: 15/44 (34%)

Hmmmm...doesn't look good for the old Chump Gailey.

Wait. I thought you liked close exciting games even if they were losses?

No doubt, Jauron could snatch defeat from the jaws of victory like no one else. Don't think for a minute that I miss Skeletor. But Gailey's no slouch either. Late leads lost I can see with a quick glance through 7 years of box scores...

Jauron '06: NE, TEN '07: DEN, DAL '08: CLE, NYJ '09: NE, JAX, PIT
                        Gailey: '10: CHI, PIT '11: CIN, NYJ '12: TEN

Unless I've missed something, Jauron lost 14% of games with late leads and Gailey has lost 11%. If that's progress, it ain't much.

And let's not forget just how putrid that Gailey is in the AFC. Jauron, that dumbass, had as many divisional wins in one year than Gailey has had in nearly three. 3/13 in the division. Yeeehaaaah...that's awesome!!!
                        Well, I posted before I am done defending Gailey, but I would still take him over Jauron EVERY DAY of the week.

Comment

• gebobs
                          • Sep 2003

Well, I posted before I am done defending Gailey, but I would still take him over Jauron EVERY DAY of the week.
                          I think you need to re-examine why. First, because the reasons you gave do not jibe with reality. Second, because they are both steaming piles of fetid ferret crap. But that's up to you.

Personally, I hate Gailey more for the one reason that he is still our coach and still farking this team up whereas Skeletor has moved on to browner pastures.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

If we had the last 3 years to do over...we shouldn't have bothered even firing Jauron.

It's a lot easier to win when you're not giving up 30 points regularly.

And we would have definitely seen a lot more of CJ Spiller, if we had drafted him, than we do now.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
                              If we had the last 3 years to do over...we shouldn't have bothered even firing Jauron.

It's a lot easier to win when you're not giving up 30 points regularly.

And we would have definitely seen a lot more of CJ Spiller, if we had drafted him, than we do now.
                              And Trent Edwards would still be throwing 1 yd completions on 3rd & 9 NO THANKS.

Comment

• gebobs
                                • Sep 2003

And Trent Edwards would still be throwing 1 yd completions on 3rd & 9 NO THANKS.
                                Yeah, at least Gailey had more sense than to start Edwards.

Wait, no that's wrong. I remember. Fitz was the starter at the end of '09 and Gailey resurrected that bum.

Comment

Working...
                                X