• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Manti Te'o a horrific liar?

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    IF he got played by this online person, and he was honest about how he'd never actually met the person that died just 6 hours after his grandmother died, adding the fact that he got 'catfished' would have just added to everyone feeling sorry for him. It wouldn't be the same story that it is now. But he lied, and now we're here.
    And you think the media would have believed him, especially with all the ND haters out there? Please.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Discotrish View Post
      The sports talking heads don't think it will hurt him in the draft at all. It's an embarrassment but certainly no crime.
      A friend of Ronaiah Tuiasosopo told us he was "80 percent sure" that Manti Te'o was "in on it," and that the two perpetrated Lennay Kekua's death with publicity in mind. According to the friend, there were numerous photos of Ronaiah Tuiasosopo and Te'o together on Tuiasosopo's now-deleted Instagram account.

Website That Broke The Story Ahead of ESPN

Patti
      The publicity thing doesn't make a whole lot of sense. He was getting tons of publicity well before the girlfriend story. I suppose he could have thought he needed more, but it just seems unlikely.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

And btw a friend of a friend is 80% sure that Te'o was in on it? How is that even worst reporting?
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          And btw a friend of a friend is 80% sure that Te'o was in on it? How is that even worst reporting?
          That was supposed to be "worth reporting."' Damn auto correct
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
            Making Spirits Bright
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
            And you think the media would have believed him, especially with all the ND haters out there? Please.
            It would be more believable than the story that's in the news today.

Comment

• Cleve
              • Oct 2004

Saw this posted on FB today.... LOL

423980_470163559712010_1427089768_n.jpg

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
              per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• Mouldsie
                • Aug 2012

He made his millions off this story and now the public suffers. I weep for America.

Comment

• kelly2reed4six
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Mouldsie View Post
                  He made his millions off this story and now the public suffers. I weep for America.
                  Don't weep for America. The people listening and watching this story are fueling it. What a joke. We have a president who knowingly allows our own people to be killed in Benghazi without even trying to do a thing, and the media won't report on it. Te'o does NOTHING that should even matter in the grand scheme of life...no one is killed, no one is even hurt!! And it's on every media outlet everywhere. My gosh this country is so a** backward!!

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Um, no, he didn't make millions. He may make millions in the NFL, but that would have happened with or without this story.

And no, this story didn't cause the public to suffer.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Wolffman
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by kelly2reed4six View Post
                      Don't weep for America. The people listening and watching this story are fueling it. What a joke. We have a president who knowingly allows our own people to be killed in Benghazi without even trying to do a thing, and the media won't report on it. Te'o does NOTHING that should even matter in the grand scheme of life...no one is killed, no one is even hurt!! And it's on every media outlet everywhere. My gosh this country is so a** backward!!
                      Says the guy taking time out of his day to post on a Bills message board in the offseason.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                        Dances With Buffaloes
                        • Sep 2002

so this guy who talked to the press claiming te'o was in on it, seems to have pulled this same scam on someone else 4 years ago... this just gets stranger and stranger...
                        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Actually he lost his millions off this story.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                            Actually he lost his millions off this story.
                            If what he told Schaap is true he's not fully to blame but isn't totally a victim either. He admitted to manipulating how he portrayed his relationship with the woman after the phone call on Dec 6th. He claims he led people to think he had met her so he wasn't viewed as crazy.

"Te'o said he altered his stories so his family and others would think he did met Kekua in person.

"That goes back to what I did with my dad," Te'o said. "I knew that -- I even knew, that it was crazy that I was with somebody that I didn't meet, and that alone -- people find out that this girl who died, I was so invested in, I didn't meet her, as well. So I kind of tailored my stories to have people think that, yeah, he met her before she passed away, so that people wouldn't think that I was some crazy dude.""

I don't think this kills him but it does raise questions on his character.

If he only lied or misled the public on the depth of his relationship with the girl, he's a liar. That's not a crime and not really a major character flaw... but it is still a minor character flaw and certainly not good for a guy who's best attribute was his intangibles and leadership.

If you buy his Schaap story I see him dropping no farther than the 2nd or 3rd round and he could easily still be taken as the 2nd to 4th LB overall.

Manti Te'o denied being part of a hoax involving a relationship with a person online whom he considered his girlfriend, during an interview with ESPN, but did say he "tailored" his stories so people would think he "met her before she passed away."
                            Last edited by X-Era; 01-19-2013, 08:11 AM.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                              • Jul 2002

I don't want him on the Bills-one way or another he does not have the emotional stability of an adult needed to be successful in the NFL. He is either lying (best case scenario, a pathological liar could succeed in the NFL), crazy, or is too childlike to be able to handle life as a professional athlete. That's a 2 out of 3 chance of busting. If he's still around in the 6th round, only then would I take a shot.
                              Last edited by Albany,n.y.; 01-19-2013, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• Mouldsie
                                • Aug 2012

You guy's aren't very good at detecting sarcasm on an internet message board

Comment

Working...
                                X