• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cleve
    • Oct 2004

Re: Sabres @ Caps GDT!!!

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
    No matter how bad it gets, nothing will happen until the season ends. And even then, it's gonna take epic failure to get it done.
    I'm sorry, but the team being needlessly short-handed on the ice twice within a few days time, is already epic failure. That's the kind of thing that could make the Sabres the laughingstock of the league.

What is it, anyways, with Pegula's man crush for Ruff and Regier? It seemed clear last year that Ruff was losing the locker room, from player comments at the time and listless game play.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
    per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

To be fair to Pegula, he's only had two off seasons as owner, and given Golisano's cheapness, I can see why he thinks Lindy might do better if he's given better tools.

That being said, if this team doesn't do well this year, I'll be right there with you. Pegula better pull the plug on Ruff if **** doesn't change fast.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SkateZilla
        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Cleve View Post
        Are you kidding me???? I didn't notice that. How can you pull the goalie and NOT have another player on the ice? That's just an inexcusable mistake for an NHL coach, especially one who's team didn't even make the playoffs last year.

And this happened in one of the other games? How can Terry Pegula put all that money into the team and let his coach pull the goalie twice and only put 5 guys on the ice????
        So If WSH Wins the Face Off and controls, Lindy Can Send out Miller quickly..

if We Control Faceoff, he sends in the 6th Man that no one would be covering.

It Makes Sense. and Other teams run that play too.
        Skate Zilla
        -----------------------
        Skate Zilla HD Studios:
        SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• SabreEleven
          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by SkateZilla View Post
          So If WSH Wins the Face Off and controls, Lindy Can Send out Miller quickly..

if We Control Faceoff, he sends in the 6th Man that no one would be covering.

It Makes Sense. and Other teams run that play too.
          I've NEVER heard of teams doing that and I've been watching hockey longer than you have been alive. If they were running that stupid play, Miller should have been at the Sabres blue line. on 2nd thought, Miller should have just been in net because this team never wins the faceoff.

Comment

• Cleve
            • Oct 2004

Yeah, I don't understand Skatezilla's post. If the coach is gonna start after a time out with the team's goalie pulled, a 1 goal deficit, and a minute or so on the clock, then for heaven's sake have SIX players on the ice. Why wait to see who wins the faceoff?

To have started after the time out with the goalie pulled, and only 5 skaters on the ice is just indefensible. There is no logic or reason to doing so.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
            per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

There is never any reason to have one less player on the ice than you are allowed to have.

And if Wash wins the face-off, do you really think Miller is going to be able to come off the bench and skate all the way to the crease before Washington can get to neutral ice and take a shot? Please.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                There is never any reason to have one less player on the ice than you are allowed to have.

And if Wash wins the face-off, do you really think Miller is going to be able to come off the bench and skate all the way to the crease before Washington can get to neutral ice and take a shot? Please.
                Ovenchicken missed an empty net from our blue-line.

Comment

• SkateZilla
                  • Dec 2002

Originally posted by SabreEleven View Post
                  Miller should have just been in net because this team never wins the faceoff.
                  Ditto.

It's not a play typically used in the NHL anymore, Only other place I've seen it was B-League Play.

- - - Updated - - -

The simple answer is it's a Ruffism.
                  Skate Zilla
                  -----------------------
                  Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                  SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

Working...
                  X