• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Turf
    • Jul 2002

Re: New stadium rumors

Lets simplify.
    The Western NY Bills, anywhere on the thruway between the Depew and Batavia exits.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• WagonCircler
      Escaped Convict
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
      BS. The roads to the Ralph handle the traffic just fine.

And as has been pointed out already, the access is good to the site of the former Lancaster raceway.

As far as the Outer Harbor, Polencrantz said it was a bad idea for the reasons I named.
      First of all, you obviously struggle with reading comprehension. I'm talking about a new stadium, not the current one.

Second, Poloncarz is full of crap and can be trusted about as far as I can throw the Harbor Center.

I don't have any problem with Lancaster, but I can tell you that people who live out that way are already tweaking about traffic and noise from the Thruway.

Building a stadium on the Outer Harbor would disturb no one. Would displace no one. And it would help get rid of an eyesore of a white elephant the needs to go away.

The situation would be almost identical to Cleveland's, and that is a great stadium. The difference is, ours would have better parking.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by mrbojanglezs View Post
        Your not in favor of a Getzville/Amherst location as a multiuse facility between UB and the Bills? Extend the rail from UB south. There is also an extensive busing system that the school has between the two campuses.

Millersport Hwy, Maple Road, Sheridan, Union/N Forest, 990, 290, Transit Road all access points. (not including Main St/33 if we are talking about using transit from UB SOUTH)
        It makes to much sense considering we have a division I school & could use a huge capacity there.

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by mrbojanglezs View Post
          Your not in favor of a Getzville/Amherst location as a multiuse facility between UB and the Bills? Extend the rail from UB south. There is also an extensive busing system that the school has between the two campuses.

Millersport Hwy, Maple Road, Sheridan, Union/N Forest, 990, 290, Transit Road all access points. (not including Main St/33 if we are talking about using transit from UB SOUTH)
          That would be an option as well.

As Hurky said, anywhere in WNY is no problem for me.

I just don't see the Falls or outer harbor happening..........unless Trump gets involved.

Comment

• Mouldsie
            • Aug 2012

I want the stadium close to downtown or Niagara Falls and the infrastructure to follow.

If the stadium goes in NF I heard they might then build a practice facility and team headquarters near UB and share with the D1 team which is a neat idea.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
              • Aug 2013

Knocking down all those old buildings and building it on the old harbor is the answer. I'd prefer they turn that into an actual Harbor and something more scenic, but that is an insane amount of money that will never be raised. At least we won't have rusty old buildings.

Can't wait to move back to Buffalo, just a few more months.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                First of all, you obviously struggle with reading comprehension. I'm talking about a new stadium, not the current one.

Second, Poloncarz is full of crap and can be trusted about as far as I can throw the Harbor Center.

I don't have any problem with Lancaster, but I can tell you that people who live out that way are already tweaking about traffic and noise from the Thruway.

Building a stadium on the Outer Harbor would disturb no one. Would displace no one. And it would help get rid of an eyesore of a white elephant the needs to go away.

The situation would be almost identical to Cleveland's, and that is a great stadium. The difference is, ours would have better parking.
                They could build a new Stadium at the site of the current one as other Cities have done.

Noise in Lancaster? even if true which I doubt, it is one day a week 10-12 weeks a year & the thruway has been there forever.

And I doubt a NFL Stadium would make more noise than the Speedway did.

Upgrading the roads in the outer harbor would be more expensive than the locations I named.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mouldsie View Post
                  I want the stadium close to downtown or Niagara Falls and the infrastructure to follow.

If the stadium goes in NF I heard they might then build a practice facility and team headquarters near UB and share with the D1 team which is a neat idea.
                  I think it is a STUPID idea for the Bills & UB to share practice facilities.

They would be stepping on each others toes.

Name me one NFL team & university that do that.

Comment

• gebobs
                    One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                    • Sep 2003

I think it is a STUPID idea for the Bills & UB to share practice facilities.
                    Maybe he meant just share the stadium for games. I'm sure UB has a practice field on campus.

But that brings up a point...what to do with Bulls Stadium if they share one with the Bills?
                    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                      Maybe he meant just share the stadium for games. I'm sure UB has a practice field on campus.

But that brings up a point...what to do with Bulls Stadium if they share one with the Bills?
                      Well, the USF Bulls play in the same Stadium the Bucs play in, so they could do that as long as it is not on real grass.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                        Escaped Convict
                        • Jul 2002

I think it is a STUPID idea for the Bills & UB to share practice facilities..
                        This is why people treat you like an idiot. Because you act like one.

You can disagree with someone without calling their ideas STUPID.

I'll bet you got the snot kicked out of you a lot when you were a kid.

None of these ideas is any better than the next, at this point.

The important part of the question "Where to put the new stadium?" isn't the "Where to put..." part. The important part is "Holy crap---NEW STADIUM!!!"

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                          This is why people treat you like an idiot. Because you act like one.

You can disagree with someone without calling their ideas STUPID.

I'll bet you got the snot kicked out of you a lot when you were a kid.

None of these ideas is any better than the next, at this point.

The important part of the question "Where to put the new stadium?" isn't the "Where to put..." part. The important part is "Holy crap---NEW STADIUM!!!"
                          Give me a friggen break.

I called the IDEA STUPID & it is, but I did not call the person that posted it stupid & denigrate him as you & some others do to me all the time.

BITE ME AHOLE.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                            It's very obvious you've never been to Batavia. Maybe you don't know this but Batavia is a CITY.
                            Bull**** my wife is from there. I go there all the time. It is no city. It is a suburb like williamsville but smaller.
                            There is nothing going on there.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
                              Bull**** my wife is from there. I go there all the time. It is no city. It is a suburb like williamsville but smaller.
                              There is nothing going on there.
                              What is going on in Foxborough?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                                • Jul 2002

What is going on in Foxborough?
                                Who cares what does it have to do with this situation?

Comment

Working...
                                X