X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Re: Buffalo range NEW OWNER

When I dropped by their chatbox this afternoon Michael was asking Microscope to fix his log in and Microscope said he would fix him up.

Comment

• Gibby
      Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
      • Jun 2006

I "love" the stupidity that goes on over there. Thank God for the Zone. I have to say, I disagree with the opinions of one or two of the mods and admins here, but I like them and love their professionalism as I have never been treated here with anything other than respect, tact, and class. This is why the Zone is my favorite dysfunctional family.

Comment

• feldspar
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
        I know. I was enjoying the drama at first but then I thought to myself what the **** am I doing.
        Yeah, that's how it happens to the rest of us. We stop to try and figure out what the big deal is.

You follow things on a message board, some pattern of crazy exchanges start to happen within a small group, and you get sucked in at first. If you got the right elements, it's almost impossible to not be aware that something's up. More and more people investigate the discord and chime in, and before you know it, it goes viral. Then it just turns annoying pretty quickly, yet still draws your attention because that topic starts to dominate conversion quite a bit. Then you feel almost compelled to comment when it escalates. Then it seems like you want to be involved in it somehow, when that's not the case. The contention spreads. Sides are taken...

One single person could never cause this to happen on his own.
        Last edited by feldspar; 04-17-2014, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• Rockstar
          Zone Bartender
          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
          I'm told that Michael has hacked the Range, and that it's down.

Pass the popcorn, please.

Holy **** dude..........

Comment

• Dude
            that slimey ass of an admin at the zone
            • Feb 2005

You can't write this stuff. Comedy Gold.

Comment

• Rockstar
              Zone Bartender
              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
              When I dropped by their chatbox this afternoon Michael was asking Microscope to fix his log in and Microscope said he would fix him up.
              Yeh I saw Michael in there also and I made a pretty strong statement about how much I appreciated him ruining the website I love. Something along the lines of wanting to go wagoncircler on him...

Comment

• feldspar
                • Mar 2007

How are we sure Michael is hacking the Range now?

Comment

• Swiper
                  • Sep 2010

Originally posted by MST3KBillsfan View Post
                  Was it this one by any chance?
                  LOL. Had to come here to this thread to see if I was the only one.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

In locker room style smack talk? Yes, they do. And worse.

You're naive if you think otherwise.

And that's the real point. Coastal engages people in exactly this kind of smack talk, then cries like a ***** when people give it back.

That's the beginning and end of the story.
                    No they really don't. As I explained to Rockstar earlier if you're allowing another person on an internet message board to get you so riled up your threatening rape, physical harm, or killing them then you have far deeper issues then somebody picking on you.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                      Beautiful. Brief enough to eradicate all the relevant things I had to say without enough content to dispute.

Without talking about Lit anymore, how often do you think that when somebody says "I'll kill you" on a PUBLIC forum, they actually follow through? Hell, even privately. Put a number on it. If I REALLY felt threatened by somebody threatening me on the Internet, I'd document that. First thing I would do.
                      Well of course you'd document that, but that wasn't your point. Your point was people say stupid things in the heat of the moment and while I agree that does happen people almost never threaten to rape or kill somebody else. If you're doing that then you need to seek help immediately.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                        • Aug 2012

yeah, never going back to the range now. ever. i like it here. pattis predictions and spikes sabres hate and all.
                        Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Rockstar
                          Zone Bartender
                          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                          No they really don't. As I explained to Rockstar earlier if you're allowing another person on an internet message board to get you so riled up your threatening rape, physical harm, or killing them then you have far deeper issues then somebody picking on you.
                          Just to clarify, I never disagreed with that. My point of contention was that it is hardly far fetched to assume most people HAVE been riled up by someone on a website over religion, politics, sports, etc. I don't know how many times I can say the rape thing was ridiculous and wrong.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MST3KBillsfan View Post
                            LBC?
                            Long Beach, California

Originally posted by Snoop Lion
                            With so much drama in the L-B-C
                            It's kinda hard bein Snoop D-O-double-G
                            But I, somehow, some way
                            Keep comin up with funky ass **** like every single day
                            - - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Rockstar View Post
                            Just to clarify, I never disagreed with that. My point of contention was that it is hardly far fetched to assume most people HAVE been riled up by someone on a website over religion, politics, sports, etc. I don't know how many times I can say the rape thing was ridiculous and wrong.
                            I never said you did disagree with it, my point was simply that if you're letting a message board get you that riled up you have far greater things to be concerned about then the message board itself.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Ever watch the USA TV show Suits?

I think Michael is Louis Litt (not to be confused with Literate, Lit.)

Lawyers.
                              I enjoy that show.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                                Administrator
                                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DANNY BATTEN POWER View Post
                                meh, just quoting a song lyric from 20 years ago. Stands for Long Beach something...
                                You can't post the lyric if you don't even know what the damn acronym stands for…

Gin and Juice was the quintessential cruisin song back in the day…hell still is a damn good cruisin song.
                                COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                                X