• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: Reasons to not trust Bon Jovi

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    The pic got removed or something... I think he was in a hot tub looking rather, shall we say, happy.
    He had flowers in hair as well, LOL.

Comment

• stuckincincy
      Buffalo Bills Fan
      • Sep 2003

Bon Jovi sounds like a name for a pleasing French confection. He's a singer, right?
      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• DynaPaul
        • Sep 2003

He's not even a Bills fan... that's the top of my list. I heard he's a big time Giants fan so I have no idea why he's all over Kraft's ballsack.

Comment

• Mace
          Haha...yeah you think so ?
          • Mar 2013

This lady I was entirely crazy about back in his prime, was crazy about he and his band. I liked Motorhead, had long hair but no use for perms. She told me flat out it was between me and another guy, she chose him, married him, and he had that permed Bon Jovi vibe going.

He was a great guy, I liked and respected him a lot, couldn't find any reason not to, he really was a great person. Wasn't his fault Bon Jovi infected him and caused him to gain what I lost. Had to be the perm. I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Oh she was awesome. I have never forgiven Bon Jovi. It's been 30 years, I've loved even more, but it was a bitter pill losing out to a hair guy in the Metal Wars Years and scarred me into fundamentally mistrusting Bon Jovi, because he's wily and up to something, and it will cost me.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Mace View Post
            This lady I was entirely crazy about back in his prime, was crazy about he and his band. I liked Motorhead, had long hair but no use for perms. She told me flat out it was between me and another guy, she chose him, married him, and he had that permed Bon Jovi vibe going.

He was a great guy, I liked and respected him a lot, couldn't find any reason not to, he really was a great person. Wasn't his fault Bon Jovi infected him and caused him to gain what I lost. Had to be the perm. I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Oh she was awesome. I have never forgiven Bon Jovi. It's been 30 years, I've loved even more, but it was a bitter pill losing out to a hair guy in the Metal Wars Years and scarred me into fundamentally mistrusting Bon Jovi, because he's wily and up to something, and it will cost me.
            LOL, classic.

Comment

• TedMock
              • Jul 2002

Then there's this:

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                • Jun 2024

Originally posted by TedMock View Post
                The person says the study identified at least three potential stadium sites, two in Toronto, including one on the waterfront, and another in the suburb of Mississauga.

Why would any owner want to put money in a stadium on the waterfront of Toronto compared to the waterfront of Buffalo?

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                  • Jun 2024

John Vrooman, a Vanderbilt professor who specializes in sports economics, said feasibility studies are standard practice among prospective ownership groups and there should be no immediate cause for alarm. He said such studies evaluate expected cash flows and best- and worst-case risk factors based on location.

Vrooman projected the Bills to be valued at between $950 million and $1 billion in western New York, and about $1.5 billion if they moved to Toronto and even more in Los Angeles.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                    • Jun 2024

A Buffalo Bills prospective ownership group that includes rocker Jon Bon Jovi has conducted a feasibility study into buying the NFL franchise and building a stadium in Toronto, said a person close to the situation says.

These are the kind of comments that are common to Canadian stories about building a stadium..

• Stephen

If true, not a dollar of public money, nothing.

It simply will not happen in Toronto because there will never be public money for it.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                      • Jun 2024

This is from 2011, but holds true today...

Mr. Ford stresses that the Portlands stadium complex is still only an idea. "This is just Doug Ford's opinion," he said, and "this is not in concrete." If Toronto were to get a National Football League franchise, something he admits might be a "pipedream" in the end, a stadium could go to Woodbine, Downsview or Exhibition Place instead.

But he said that, despite his Etobicoke roots, he prefers a downtown stadium site, and the Portlands district on the eastern side of Toronto harbour has many advantages. He says the area of 400 acres has huge tracts for development and big patches of parkland, too.

"Make that a green area - bicycling, beaches - and then make massive retail outlets, but not just the regular retail. I'm talking the Nordstrom, the Macy's, the Guccis. Something different."
                      Building on the site of the massive Hearn plant on Unwin Avenue would save $120-million because the stadium could reuse its foundation, he says. "It goes right down to bedrock."

A local developer came up with the idea of building a monorail "that would go along the lakefront and also scoop down to the Portlands and circle around." Both the monorail and the stadium would pay for themselves "through the private sector," he says.

After a week of controversy over remarks about lakeshore development, mayor's right-hand man says 'wow factor' should be goal
                      Last edited by Guest; 07-24-2014, 04:25 PM.

Comment

• GvilleBills
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mace View Post

Your turmoil explains much. I am now haunted by your pain.
                        Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• chris66
                          • Sep 2006

Sorry If Im an NFL owner I want Toronto over Blo. If i'm a perspective buyer i would want Toronto. Blo's money making ability is pretty much tapped out. Where as in Toronto the sky's the limit

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                            Skoobasaurus-Rex
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by chris66 View Post
                            Sorry If Im an NFL owner I want Toronto over Blo. If i'm a perspective buyer i would want Toronto. Blo's money making ability is pretty much tapped out. Where as in Toronto the sky's the limit
                            Is this based on the incredible fan support for the Bills or the Toronto fan's inability to even cheer when something positive happens ? Maybe in 20 years they will understand anything past a puck & net, I'd still question whether even then they might have the same passion as an average Bills fan.
                            Last edited by Skooby; 07-24-2014, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                              • Jun 2024

Originally posted by chris66 View Post
                              We will see over the next 6 years with double digit ticket price increases.

If Buffalo based fans are willing to dig deeper in their pockets, perhaps the new owner will spend some of his own money on a new stadium.

Comment

• chris66
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                                Is this based on the incredible fan support for the Bills or the Toronto fan's inability to even cheer when something positive happens ? Maybe in 20 years they will understand anything past a puck & net, I'd still question whether even then they might have the same passion as an average Bills fan.
                                Nope, based solely on that fact that with a team in Buffalo a Toronto team will be infringing on their market. So given the choice of what city i want my team in. Toronto is a no brainer

Comment

Working...
                                X