• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: The reason the Bills will win this year

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
    Not to mention, three of the Bills six wins were by 1, 2, and 3 points. An errant throw here and missed FG there and the Bills are 3-13.
    But by scoring more points as I expect them to do, the 1,2 & 3 point wins will become 7, 10 & 14 point wins.

Comment

• gebobs
      One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by better days View Post
      But by scoring more points as I expect them to do, the 1,2 & 3 point wins will become 7, 10 & 14 point wins.
      The defense isn't any better and has the same weaknesses it had last year and even more. And you're dreaming if you think Manuel is going to suddenly come out of his coma and figure out how to compete at the professional level with any kind of consistency. The Bills are a mediocre team. Nothing has changed significantly other than the loss of Alonzo, Johnson, and Byrd and the addition of a rookie wideout.

But you're welcome to your opinion. It's not based in anything remotely associated with reality, but there ya go.
      Last edited by gebobs; 08-01-2014, 10:11 AM.
      Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

I think the bills will win more games because the run game will move the ball and score more TD's which will only benefit the passing game. I don't think the passing game will carry the run game. It's the other way around.
        Last edited by justasportsfan; 08-01-2014, 10:25 AM.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

The defense isn't any better and has the same weaknesses it had last year and even more. And you're dreaming if you think Manuel is going to suddenly come out of his coma and figure out how to compete at the professional level with any kind of consistency. The Bills are a mediocre team. Nothing has changed significantly other than the loss of Alonzo, Johnson, and Byrd and the addition of a rookie wideout.

But you're welcome to your opinion. It's not based in anything remotely associated with reality, but there ya go.
          BS. Here is the reality. Pettine sold out the run game to all out Blitz. Schwartz will had a more fundamentally sound defense than Pettine did.

And no it does not have the same weaknesses as last year. Brandon Spikes was not a Bill last year for one thing.

Even with the loss of Kiko for the year, the Bills LB group will be much better than last year.

And in addition to Watkins the Bills added a GOOD vet in Mike Williams.

But you & your fellow pessimists are welcome to your opinion as well.

Comment

• gebobs
            • Sep 2003

If you don't see the talent on this Bills team, you are blind.

And the unproven Rookies are about to prove themselves.
            My opinion is the Bills were 6-10 because of poor coaching.
            Last year the talent was MUCH BETTER than the record. The record was BAD because of POOR QB play & BAD COACHING.
            2013...better days! I like your optimism. Eventually, you may be right. Not this year though. 8-8 is their ceiling.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

2013...better days! I like your optimism. Eventually, you may be right. Not this year though. 8-8 is their ceiling.
              Well, when 3-13 has been the cry of the pessimist, 8-8 is a significant jump.

The Bills starting defense looked awesome against the Giants, and that was without Gilmore & McKelvin.

EJ on the other hand...............no receiver can catch a ball batted down at the line of scrimmage.

It is ridiculous to have 3 balls batted down in a single game let alone the short amount of time EJ played.

That needs to be addressed & fixed SOON.

Comment

• gebobs
                • Sep 2003

Well, when 3-13 has been the cry of the pessimist, 8-8 is a significant jump.
                Ceiling. 6-10 more likely.

Still 8-8 is nothing when you've failed as long as the Bills have. Failing that, this will mark a full decade of sub 0.500 seasons. Not even the brutal stretches of the early 80's or the late 60's come close.

The Bills starting defense looked awesome against the Giants, and that was without Gilmore & McKelvin.
                I agree. They looked darn good for those two series. Of course, no one is expecting much from the Giants anyway. And the Giants kind of showed what our depth is like when they ran roughshod over the second stringers.

EJ on the other hand...............no receiver can catch a ball batted down at the line of scrimmage.
                Agreed. Just shows he still looks down his receivers.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Ceiling. 6-10 more likely.

Still 8-8 is nothing when you've failed as long as the Bills have. Failing that, this will mark a full decade of sub 0.500 seasons. Not even the brutal stretches of the early 80's or the late 60's come close.

I agree. They looked darn good for those two series. Of course, no one is expecting much from the Giants anyway. And the Giants kind of showed what our depth is like when they ran roughshod over the second stringers.

Agreed. Just shows he still looks down his receivers.
                  Well, it was the Giants first string that ran roughshod over the 2nd string of the Bills.

Eli looked no better than EJ the first two series. I would be concerned if I were a Giants fan.

Comment

• gebobs
                    • Sep 2003

Well, it was the Giants first string that ran roughshod over the 2nd string of the Bills.
                    Let's all hope we don't have to rely on those guys too much.

Eli looked no better than EJ the first two series. I would be concerned if I were a Giants fan.
                    All the bluster about shooting for 70% from Eli aside, I think most Giants fans are concerned.

Comment

Working...
                    X