One thing driving me insane about this team right now....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpikedLemonade
    • May 2024

Re: One thing driving me insane about this team right now....

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    well, problem is, that sets a poor example for the kids. and the kids need to learn the right way.
    So who is going to deal with this part of the problem you correctly identified?

The few marginal veterans are going to be the solution?

Let's face it, all the Sabre players know that Ted Nolan is dead coach walking and have tuned him out. He can't coach this team to two consecutive last or almost last place finishes and then come back for a 3rd season.

It is completely dysfunctional in the usual Buffalo way.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
      • May 2024

you do realize the sabres were in the playoff mix in the 2013, right? they were eliminated right at the end of the season. then management decided they needed to rebuild. or is that a concept you cant grasp?
      And, of course, play off "mix" is good enough for you.

A one year rebuild is one thing but the Sabres seem to be embarking on a 3 year tank.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
        And, of course, play off "mix" is good enough for you.

A one year rebuild is one thing but the Sabres seem to be embarking on a 3 year tank.
        in the mix does not constitute a tank.
        Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
          • May 2024

in the mix does not constitute a tank.
          I am talking about next year.

Do you really see the Sabres improving enough to almost make the play-offs next year?

It was a historically bad team in terms of scoring last year and it looks like it could be worse this year in terms of goal differential.

Take comfort in all these young prospects you fluff, but this team will need a much better coach and some high end FAs who are willing to come to Buffalo.
          Last edited by Guest; 10-18-2014, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
            • Aug 2012

I am talking about next year.

Do you really see the Sabres improving enough to almost make the play-offs next year?

It was a historically bad team in terms of scoring last year and it looks like it could be worse this year in terms of goal differential.

Take comfort in all these young prospects you fluff, but this team will need a much better coach and some high end FAs who are willing to come to Buffalo.
            no, i dont. i do, however, think there will be some improvement as the youth develops next season. im not expecting a bottom 3 finish. i expect that in the second half of this season as well, though maybe not a ton of improvement this season.
            Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
              • May 2024

Enjoy!

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                • Feb 2009

None of the Oilers 1st overall picks are as good as McDavid will be..Especially Nugent-Hopkins and Yakupov they were weak No.1 Overalls.. Spike will never admit this but he knows he is terrified of McDavid getting drafted by the Sabres..

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                  • May 2024

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
                  None of the Oilers 1st overall picks are as good as McDavid will be..Especially Nugent-Hopkins and Yakupov they were weak No.1 Overalls.. Spike will never admit this but he knows he is terrified of McDavid getting drafted by the Sabres..
                  Fear?

The incompetence of the Sabres is stable and comforting.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                    • Aug 2012

Let's get the guy before we dance on spikes grave.
                    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Downinfloflo
                      Victimizing The Victimizer
                      • Aug 2012

You may want to take it a step further, let him play first.

Who cares what you do in the CHL it only helps you get drafted.

Playing versus grown men looking to keep their jobs and high salaries is a whole other thing.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Downinfloflo View Post
                        You may want to take it a step further, let him play first.

Who cares what you do in the CHL it only helps you get drafted.

Playing versus grown men looking to keep their jobs and high salaries is a whole other thing.
                        Yeah, but still, just being able to draft him would be exciting.

Even if we get the consolation prize of eichel, that's a franchise player too, likely.
                        Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                          • Feb 2009

They are dancing on Spikes grave in the Billszone for guaranteeing
                          1) No one would buy the Bills with the intent of keeping them in Buffalo
                          2) No one would pay more than a Billion dollars for the Bills

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                            • Aug 2012

They are dancing on Spikes grave in the Billszone for guaranteeing
                            1) No one would buy the Bills with the intent of keeping them in Buffalo
                            2) No one would pay more than a Billion dollars for the Bills
                            I'm not disagreeing with you. If the sabres get mcdavid or eichel, then yeah. I just don't think it's wise to jump the gun.
                            Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• ckg927
                              Not quite Best in the World....
                              • Aug 2012

You should go over to the Oilers board and see what kind of guarantee high draft picks give you towards a winning hockey club.

Gurus have been saying for over 5 years that the Oilers are stocked with great young talent.

Karma is a ***** when you root for your team to tank for many consecutive years.
                              True. But the Oilers aren't getting players that can teach the younger ones how to play and win. Gionta and Gorges are good for that purpose.
                              John Hemingway(facing certain death): I want to see Buffalo win the Super Bowl.
                              David Coltrane(threatening John): Nobody's going to live that long, pal.

-The John Larroquette Show, "A Dark and Stormy Night", 4/12/94

Comment

• denverboz
                                Pucker up, Buttercup
                                • Aug 2012

Sabres just out and out suck. It's painful to watch them. Yeah they have their moments here and there, but overall they suck.Nolan should be gone yesterday. No excuses. This is all on him and his coaching staff. Sabres just look so disorganized and undisciplined it's hard to believe they're being taught anything in practice. There is just very, very little synchronicity between any of the players. And do they even have any set plays? Doesn't seem like it to me.

Sabres need a new coach. Just ask Colorado what a difference a good coach and coaching staff can make.

Comment

Working...
                                X