Spiller done for the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ParanoidAndroid
    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
    • Apr 2004

Re: Spiller done for the year

I think it is clear that Dixon and Brown were brought in precisely because Spiller is done as a Bill after this year and Freddie is likely to show decline soon. I believe they want more of a workhorse back and will pick one early in this draft with Dixon and Brown providing insurance. I hope they can extend Freddie for another year. He's still the most reliable offensive player on this team. Let's also hope his injury is not severe, but groin injuries are killers for RB's... severely limits lateral movement. The chance he comes back to 100% this season is probably quite low.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Goodbye CJ.
      Your 1 yard gains up the middle won't be missed.
      Your terrible pass blocking won't be missed.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
        Goodbye CJ.
        Your 1 yard gains up the middle won't be missed.
        Your terrible pass blocking won't be missed.
        Watch him end up pulling a Lynch with another team.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• The Jokeman
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
          I think it is clear that Dixon and Brown were brought in precisely because Spiller is done as a Bill after this year and Freddie is likely to show decline soon. I believe they want more of a workhorse back and will pick one early in this draft with Dixon and Brown providing insurance. I hope they can extend Freddie for another year. He's still the most reliable offensive player on this team. Let's also hope his injury is not severe, but groin injuries are killers for RB's... severely limits lateral movement. The chance he comes back to 100% this season is probably quite low.
          We extended Freddie earlier this year, so he's with the Bill until 2016 http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bill...ension-details As a result our RB depth next year might be Fred/Brown and Dixon and a mid to late round rookie. I've been banging the drum for Keith Marshall but with him getting hurt this year he might not come out.
          Last edited by The Jokeman; 10-19-2014, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
            • Feb 2005

Yup! I can't believe it took 19 posts.

Comment

• Ed
              • Sep 2002

Marrone said that CJ will be out for an undetermined amount of time. It's still possible that CJ doesn't go on IR, so Florio is just speculating at this point. He's not out for the year until he's officially on IR. No reason to put him on IR until his surgery is over and they have time to re-evaluate him. CJ is in amazing shape and takes great care of himself, so it wouldn't be shocking if he's a quick healer.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                Marrone said that CJ will be out for an undetermined amount of time. It's still possible that CJ doesn't go on IR, so Florio is just speculating at this point. He's not out for the year until he's officially on IR. No reason to put him on IR until his surgery is over and they have time to re-evaluate him. CJ is in amazing shape and takes great care of himself, so it wouldn't be shocking if he's a quick healer.
                If Freddie is a question mark I can't see us wasting a roster spot for both him and Spiller unless we finally IR Alonso but think we've kept him on the PUP injury list so we can keep him an extra year because he'll be a RFA when is contract runs out.

Comment

• Ed
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                  If Freddie is a question mark I can't see us wasting a roster spot for both him and Spiller unless we finally IR Alonso but think we've kept him on the PUP injury list so we can keep him an extra year because he'll be a RFA when is contract runs out.
                  Kiko Alonso is already on IR.

I don't expect CJ to play again this year, but until he's actually put on IR I don't think reporters should say he's done for the year.

Comment

• elltrain22
                    • Sep 2003

Really sucks, for a lot of reasons. I am biased, b/c I am a big CJ fan, but I truly believe this is probably it for him as a Bill. I hate it, I really do, b/c I think he's a very dynamic talent. He has never whined or cryed about his role with this team, and IMO, he had every right to. He was totally mismanaged and never utilized correctly by this staff. Under Gailey, he averaged 6 yards a carry for an entire season!! That doesn't just happen. That happens b/c you have dynamic ability, and your playing in a system that allows your talents to flourish. It is all on Marrone & Hackett for not ever developing CJ, and if he does go somewhere else, I wish him all the best. I also bet, if he goes somewhere else, he'll flourish like Marshawn Lynch has.
                    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• The Jokeman
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                      Kiko Alonso is already on IR.

I don't expect CJ to play again this year, but until he's actually put on IR I don't think reporters should say he's done for the year.
                      Alonso isn't on IR he's on Reserve/Non-Football Injury list which means we we could activate him over the next two weeks and he could start practicing with the team and playing on Sundays. I was under the assumption he counted against the 53 man roster but in rereading some articles he may not be.

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

So is it time to finally get Brown out of mothballs?

I can't wait to see this kid!!

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Sorry that Spiller got hurt but he's not an NFL running back.

He was crying today because he knew his chance to leave Buffalo for a big check elsewhere is over.

I don't look at him as a Buffalo Bill but an opportunist.

Hope he heals.

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                            Spiller might come back for another year. This injury coupled with a terrible season prior to it will hurt his FA value and he might be willing to take a one year deal for a few million to stay and prove himself worth a big payday.

Of course he might go to another team on the same type of contract.
                            I hope he does comeback. I don't think I want him as our primary RB anymore but I think he can be part of a really great one two punch.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by imbondz View Post
                              everyone here should be psyched Spiller is done for the year
                              I feel sorry for the guy because he was crying himself a river as he was carted off but I am happy he won't be playing anymore because he sucks.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                                • Jan 2003

Well, no trading him now. He's probably gone after the year now too.

Comment

Working...
                                X