X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

Sub topic of a very good article - Still some hope for future EJ

At the risk of being labeled an "EJ apologist" by a chosen few here, I like what I'm hearing him say in this very good article.

If EJ somehow comes out the other end of this as a leader, the Bills (and Bills fans) will be the beneficiary.

Kyle Orton can end up having a profound effect on this franchise in more ways than 1.

It took Kyle Orton and the Buffalo Bills years to find stability and start winning games. There's a lesson in there for the Jets and Geno Smith.

Manuel added: "People may see what he is doing on the field right now but they don't see his approach. The way he speaks to the offensive coordinator (Nathaniel Hackett), the way he talks to everybody in the quarterback room, the way he talks to all of the offensive players. He lets you know what he expects. No, he demands it. It has become a collective thing. Kyle will go through all of the plays with the coaches during the week and be very clear about 'I like that' or 'I don't like that.' I'm watching. I'm learning. Every practice. Every play in every game. I'm always prepared if my number is called. But I am definitely learning how to do some things by watching him.''
  • imbondz
    Democrats are people too
    • Jan 2003

Re: Sub topic of a very good article - Still some hope for future EJ

EJ apologist
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by imbondz View Post
      EJ apologist
      LOL... Nut hugger.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
        • Apr 2004

As long as we don't put more eggs in the EJ basket, sure. Just please keep looking for the upgrade.

Comment

• The Doc
          • Oct 2014

Dude, if we can get a 5th for EJ I'd laugh all the way to the bank with that pick. EJs a helluva guy and a horrible nfl QB.

Comment

• Don't Panic
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Dec 2005

Love it. The one thing EJ is going to have a hard time fixing is accuracy. All his other defeciencies can be addressed. If you can get any progress on his accuracy, he has a chance at sticking in the league.

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
              chop chop
              • Jun 2003

Don't need to hear about it. Things are looking up in Bills Land for once and you have to go and bring this loser's name up.
              Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• lavuuk153
                • Oct 2014

The worst thing to happen to EJ was Kolb getting hurt. He should have sat at least 1 and possibly 2-3 years before becoming the starter considering how raw he was coming out of college.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

barring injury, EJ will never take another snap as a member of the Buffalo Bills. In fact, outside of some preseason work, he may never take another snap as an NFL QB.

Non-subject.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                    barring injury, EJ will never take another snap as a member of the Buffalo Bills. In fact, outside of some preseason work, he may never take another snap as an NFL QB.
                    I love when people speak with complete confidence about something they truly have absolutely no idea about. The Bills aren't done with him Pink. I'd almost guarantee he starts another game for us at some point. Not saying he'll be markedly improved, just that he will start again. And it won't necessarily be because of injury.

Comment

• RedEyE
                      • Jul 2002

The EJ experiment will definitely be revisited. Might not be for two years but it will eventually happen. Lets not forget, EJ now has something he has ever had and thats a veteran QB to learn the game from. Orton watching film and going through the progressions with the WRs has been reported as something that did not occur before under Marrone and Hackett. I have no doubt EJ is sitting in on these sessions as well. He is a great student if the game and no one can deny his passion and drive. He just needs to make it happen on the field.

Comment

• The Doc
                        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by RedEyE View Post
                        The EJ experiment will definitely be revisited. Might not be for two years but it will eventually happen. Lets not forget, EJ now has something he has ever had and thats a veteran QB to learn the game from. Orton watching film and going through the progressions with the WRs has been reported as something that did not occur before under Marrone and Hackett. I have no doubt EJ is sitting in on these sessions as well. He is a great student if the game and no one can deny his passion and drive. He just needs to make it happen on the field.
                        Some QBs just can't play in the NFL. JP Losman anyone? Did he not have the coveted year to sit and learn? How'd that work out?

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lavuuk153 View Post
                          The worst thing to happen to EJ was Kolb getting hurt. He should have sat at least 1 and possibly 2-3 years before becoming the starter considering how raw he was coming out of college.
                          Only a complete moron of a GM would spend a 1st round pick on a QB that is that raw coming out of college in today's NFL. A GM can't spend a 1st rounder on a guy 2-3 years from becoming a starter like it's 1970.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

considering what we know as fans, would you rather have EJ saying that or disappointed and being a locker room cancer.

the NFL season is a long one. our line is porous, it's not out of the question that ej could play again this year. even if he's just saying the right things, at least he's doing that.

we'll see if he learned anything when the time comes.

Comment

• RedEyE
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Doc View Post
                              Some QBs just can't play in the NFL. JP Losman anyone? Did he not have the coveted year to sit and learn? How'd that work out?
                              Losman is a different story and a different situation. You are comparing apples to oranges.

EJ is going to be given another opportunity to compete for the starting QB position for this team despite how you may feel about it. Maybe in the offseason; maybe two years down the road.

And not laying on the jinx, but how many times can Orton get plowed before he has to sit out a play, or God forbid a couple of weeks? The line has been porous at best. The sack volume has expediently increased inevitably increasing the chances of injury.

My point is that I don't believe EJ has given up on himself and I'm not willing to do that either. Thus far he will make a decnt backup. But I do not think we have seen the best of EJ...his time will come again to prove himself.

Comment

Working...
                              X