X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Mario Williams is "Fools Gold"

Mario or Hughes. If you can only have one of them which one do you want?

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
      Mario or Hughes. If you can only have one of them which one do you want?
      I don't think Hughes has the success he is having without teams having to account for Mario.

Look at the first running play from today's game. Mario is lined up Wide 9 tech. He beats the TE, and gets the pulling OL to force Ridley to bounce the run upfield early and Bradham cleans up for a nice TFL. That's a play Mario made by himself but doesn't get credit for it. He's getting doubles and chips while Hughes is seeing one on one blocking.

Tons of credit to Jerry Hughes for making plays, but the hate Mario gets (solely due to his contract and not his play) is ridiculous.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Swiper
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by coastal View Post
        Mario Williams sucks.

he needs to be flushed this offseason.

dareus and Hughes need to be re-upped and we need a dominant guard.
        If for no other reason, to rid us of this thread.

Comment

• Swiper
          • Sep 2010

UPDATE: Mario Williams at 12 sacks.

NFL leader has 13.

Yep. He's fool's gold.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

So for all you waving the pom-poms at the 'sign Super-Mario' bus, let me ask you this... Did I start a dumb thread ?

Yes
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• coastal
              Legendary Zoner
              • Mar 2005

Listen up mouth breathers. There's a couple of ways to look at this and only Mario can help us figure out what is real.

1.) Mario has found a home here in WNY where his peculiar personality has been left undisturbed and hence... the best is being brought out. The fall storm of 2014 was the final baptism of the shovel toting Williams and he is officially now a WNY'er and a Buffalo Bill!

or...

2.) Mario produced against a team who no longer has the will to punch anyone in the mouth. Rex Ryan was dead man walking before the season began. They've turned to a dog beater to lead them. If there's a more dysfunctional organization than the Bills, the Jets might be it. This is exactly the type of game that Fool's Gold produces his stats in. Meaningless.

so which is it?

there's 5 games left against some really good teams with less than stellar RTs. Mario, along with his $100 million contract, can put this team and our subsequent dreams on his shoulders by leading this team into our first playoff appearance in 14 years.

Only Mario can answer this.

Or are some garbage sacks against garbage teams enough to warrant making him the highest paid Bill in history?
              Last edited by coastal; 11-25-2014, 06:45 AM.

Comment

• HAMMER
                I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                • Jul 2003

Just admit you were wrong.

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

He was a beast last night. I wish we'd see more of that!

Comment

• coastal
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by HAMMER View Post
                    Just admit you were wrong.
                    Just admit you're lucky that breathing is an involuntary reflex.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Dec 2005

Just admit you're lucky that breathing is an involuntary reflex.
                      Still fighting the fight even though the dude has a dozen sacks (and many more TFL). I admit that we need to see more of this down the stretch against some tougher competition, but the last thing I would call Mario right now is Fool's anything.

Comment

• coastal
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Mar 2005

For the price... my avatar needs to be incorrect.

anything less, what's the point?

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                          Making Spirits Bright
                          • Mar 2006

For the price... my avatar needs to be incorrect.

anything less, what's the point?
                          Your argument is pretty well tied to the contract that we gave Mario and the fact that he wasn't worth it, which is a fine stance to take. Whether a player is worth their contract can be a very subjective argument, unless the guy sucks or is playing lights out. You could argue either way with Mario, as proven by the fact that this thread is 30 pages long and still going. Since I know your opinion of Mario, I'll ask you a different question.

Taking that same stance about the price of obtaining a certain player, what's your opinion of Sammy? What would he have to do in order for you to consider him worth his price? Is he already worth it?

I know it's a little off topic, but I'd like to hear your view on Sammy compared to Mario. They are probably the 2 priciest acquisitions that the Bills have on their team right now.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                            • Jun 2009

Anyone who thinks Mario is "Fool's Gold" is the fool and is clueless about this game.

I didn't reply to this thread until now because of how ridiculous it is. I can't believe it is 30 pages and still going.

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

and will marcel's upcoming contract also make him fool's gold? or will it only make some people look like fools.

Comment

• coastal
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                                Your argument is pretty well tied to the contract that we gave Mario and the fact that he wasn't worth it, which is a fine stance to take. Whether a player is worth their contract can be a very subjective argument, unless the guy sucks or is playing lights out. You could argue either way with Mario, as proven by the fact that this thread is 30 pages long and still going. Since I know your opinion of Mario, I'll ask you a different question.

Taking that same stance about the price of obtaining a certain player, what's your opinion of Sammy? What would he have to do in order for you to consider him worth his price? Is he already worth it?

I know it's a little off topic, but I'd like to hear your view on Sammy compared to Mario. They are probably the 2 priciest acquisitions that the Bills have on their team right now.
                                I think Sammy is an elite talent... producing as a rookie... with a bad groin.

hes a great pick at 4.

we gave up a lot to get him. I believe it was a desperate move by Whaley driven by the timing of the ownership change and fear for his own job security. Russ Brandon supported it as a big splash move that's marketable.

the loss of the first and fourth round pick can perhaps be offset with smart free agent signings.

Comment

Working...
                                X