• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Mario Williams is "Fools Gold"

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
    I couldn't disagree with you more. Mario sets the age many times and takes on one or two blockers which allows guys like Bradham and Brown fill the hole and takle RBs.
    I appreciate that he sets an edge for others, I don't appreciate that he doesn't get solo tackles commensurate with his playing time, and I don't appreciate his exceedingly high cost that tends to slam the door on FA acquisitions as well as current player re-signings.

HOU let him go and adequately replaced his efforts. Mario is a terrific pass rusher, which has value of course, but he is what he is - a one-trick pony. He reminds me of another DL. Sam Adams.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• elroy16
      • May 2014

Now we all take PFF with a grain of salt, but still, it's obvious Mario is doing more than some will give him credit for.

Edge Rushers: Von Miller, DEN (+19.4) and Mario Williams, BUF (+12.5)
      This was Miller’s best four-week spell of the season to date in terms of grade as he continues to be the driving disruptive force in the Broncos’ defense; almost as much of an expected selection in these teams as Watt at this stage. Opposite him on the team is Williams, one of only three edge rushers to top Miller’s 20 total pressures this month. Williams’ 23 pressures (7 Sk, 2 Ht, 14 Hu) on 121 pass rushes saw him finish the month with the highest Pass Rushing Productivity rating (15.7) for any 4-3 defensive end.

The latest football news, analysis, and rankings from PFF. Featuring data-driven rankings and stats for NFL, fantasy football, and the NFL Draft.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Best player on the team

Comment

• mightysimi
          Buckle me in on the highway of sin
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
          I appreciate that he sets an edge for others, I don't appreciate that he doesn't get solo tackles commensurate with his playing time, and I don't appreciate his exceedingly high cost that tends to slam the door on FA acquisitions as well as current player re-signings.

HOU let him go and adequately replaced his efforts. Mario is a terrific pass rusher, which has value of course, but he is what he is - a one-trick pony. He reminds me of another DL. Sam Adams.
          How is his contract stopping us from getting other FA's? Are we up against the cap all of a sudden?

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post

Mario is not a one trick pony.

He plays the run very well.

And he is double teamed much of the time.

And the cost of Mario's contract will not inhibit the Bills from signing anyone else.

And exactly how many ENTIRE Bills games have you actually watched to come to your WRONG conclusion?

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

And with the way Clowney's career is going, I bet many Texans fans would welcome Mario back in a heartbeat.

Comment

• wolfpack
                • Aug 2008

Paul Hamilton retweeted

Buffalo Bills PR@BuffaloBillsPR 10m10 minutes ago
                Mario is the first Bill to win Defensive Player of the Month honors since LB Sam Cowart in November 2000.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by wolfpack View Post
                  Paul Hamilton retweeted

Buffalo Bills PR@BuffaloBillsPR 10m10 minutes ago
                  Mario is the first Bill to win Defensive Player of the Month honors since LB Sam Cowart in November 2000.
                  That golden fool !
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• WagonCircler
                    Escaped Convict
                    • Jul 2002

• For the month, Williams has totaled an AFC-best 6.5 sacks.

• Williams is tied for fourth in the NFL with 12.0 sacks this season and has produced double-digit sacks in each of his three seasons with the Buffalo Bills.

• Williams produced 3.5 sacks at Miami in Week 11 for the best single-game output by an AFC defender in November.

• In Week 12, Williams totaled 2.0 sacks, two tackles for loss and three quarterback hits in the Bills 38-3 victory over the New York Jets.

• Williams anchors a Bills defense that ranks first in the NFL in sacks with 48 and third down percentage at 33.3. Defense also ranks first in the AFC allowing 18.1 points per game.

• Williams led Buffalo’s defense as the unit allowed a total of 13 points in the last two weeks of the month – two wins against the NY Jets (38-3)and the Cleveland Browns (26-10).

• Williams’ play helped the Bills win the final two games of the month and head into December with seven wins for the first time since the 2000 season.

• In his ninth season from North Carolina State, this is Williams’ first career player of the month award.

• He is the first Bills player to win Defensive Player of the Month since linebacker Sam Cowart in November 2000.

Comment

• coastal
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

Lap it up ******s.

15 years is right around the corner. And just think... this year we don't even the enjoyment of welcoming our next top 10 savior.

Comment

• Jimbuktu
                        • Oct 2004

this thread is the most obnoxious of all-time. coastal is an awful fan and a billszone cancer.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                          Lap it up ******s.

15 years is right around the corner. And just think... this year we don't even the enjoyment of welcoming our next top 10 savior.
                          ******s?

Mario had NOTHING to do with that!

Football is a team game.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                            Escaped Convict
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                            ******s?

Mario had NOTHING to do with that!

Football is a team game.
                            Coastal's threads are never about the team or the game. They're just "look at MEEEEEEEE!" provocations.

Comment

• coastal
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                              Coastal's threads are never about the team or the game. They're just "look at MEEEEEEEE!" provocations.
                              Said the glorified bouncer who likes to hang wallpaper.

When Super Fool's Gold leads us into the playoffs... wake me up for my much deserved flogging.

until then, enjoy gnawing at the coat tails of my brilliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by better days View Post
                              Football is a team game.
                              yes it is... the foundation of my point all along.

perhaps u can be led to water.

Comment

• Woodman
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                                Yeah, it's called coastal's ass.
                                well then a home has been found.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

Working...
                                X