X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

QBs we can trade for this offseason

I was thinking of QBs on rosters now still on rookie deals that we may be able to trade for this offseason.

Glennon I am not really into
    Brock Osweiler - could be an intriguing option.
    Any other names you guys have.

I have not really started watching QBs till the EJ manual draft so guys drafted before that I am not sure where they are or if they are worth anything at all, and the few I did like are not on the team that drafted them so that does not speak highly of them.

I honestly think this is the only way we are going to get anyone that can come in and better than EJ or Kyle next year.

The only other options I can think of are matt Schaub, Sanchez, Jake Locker, or Christian Ponder a bunch of yuck. Only guy I would even consider would be Schaub and he is probably worse than Orton at this point.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: QBs we can trade for this offseason

I like Drew Stanton in Arizona. He never hesitates once he makes his reads and fires the ball on the money. Plays confident.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Swiper
      • Sep 2010

I like Stanton also. FWIW.
      Last edited by swiper; 12-11-2014, 04:52 AM.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I'm not trading for any QB this off season. If somebody drops in the draft they really like, or pops up in FA definitely bring them in, but no trades.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Swiper
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
          I'm not trading for any QB this off season. If somebody drops in the draft they really like, or pops up in FA definitely bring them in, but no trades.
          Agree with that too. No one worth trading away assets for that would be a big enough upgrade over what's already here.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

I also like Stanton.

I also don't think Denver would trade Osweiler, Manning doesn't have more than 2-3 years left and they did like him when they drafted him.

Now if the Broncos let Zac Dysert go in the offseason I would take a long look at him. I liked him a lot coming out of Miami (OH). He was 12 of 18 (66.7%) for 106 yds and a TD this preseason.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DesertFox24
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
              I also like Stanton.

I also don't think Denver would trade Osweiler, Manning doesn't have more than 2-3 years left and they did like him when they drafted him.

Now if the Broncos let Zac Dysert go in the offseason I would take a long look at him. I liked him a lot coming out of Miami (OH). He was 12 of 18 (66.7%) for 106 yds and a TD this preseason.
              I did like Dysert as well. Bills have to get some new blood in here. What does everyone think of Locker, had a lot of tools coming out and has looked good at times and then gets hurt? I doubt he would be the franchise but he is better than Gabbert and would not cost any draft picks. Gabbert is the only other player in FA. Dang finding a QB is next to impossible it seems like for the bills.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

I wanted the Bills to draft Mike Glennon & if the Bucs cut him, I would want the Bills to sign him, but I doubt the Bucs cut him.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                  • Jul 2005

The bills better do something, with the defense we have all we need is someone like Alex Smith or Dalton. Neither of them is a top 10 QB on any list but they are good enough and occasionally have a game where they play lights out and beat a good team. They can also kill you but because of their defense they are in ever game. Unfortunately we have severally below average QBs since 1996, except one year with Drew and we suck. We have had several good defenses in that time and still suck, then we had a somewhat functional offense but a defense that could stop a turtle. For the record I would rather have a great defense than a great offense, offense is fun to watch and all but you will never win without a defense. All we need is just 23 points a game and we are a playoff team with this defense (next year of course). I am so tired of saying next year please get a fraking QB

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

i am opening to looking at all options, but until we know what the team's view on the coaches are, i wouldn't want to trade assets to bring a qb but who is put in a position to fail like all the players on offense.

Comment

• Mike
                      • Jan 2009

Stanton is average at best and a clear step below Orton.

If you want the next Elay you will have to have a very poor season in the right year to be able to draft him.

The Suck for Luck crowd was 100% Right On!!!
                      Please Make Sense

Comment

• stuckincincy
                        Buffalo Bills Fan
                        • Sep 2003

CIN activated Saban's pretty boy, 5th rounder A.J. McCarron from the Reserve/NFI list to fill the spot opened up when LB Burfict went on IR.
                        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                          • Sep 2004

I'd still take a run at Cutler as a stop gap until we have a 1st round pick again, he's better than anything we have and would have a team that actually plays defense and hopefully by then a better line.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
                            I'd still take a run at Cutler as a stop gap until we have a 1st round pick again, he's better than anything we have and would have a team that actually plays defense and hopefully by then a better line.
                            We can financially sustain Cutler the question is what will Chicago want for him and what are the bills willing to pay. Would you send 2 seconds for him?

Comment

• stuckincincy
                              Buffalo Bills Fan
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by DesertFox24 View Post
                              We can financially sustain Cutler the question is what will Chicago want for him and what are the bills willing to pay. Would you send 2 seconds for him?
                              Not clear here - your original post stated "I was thinking of QBs on rosters now still on rookie deals that we may be able to trade for this offseason."

How does a Cutler fit in?
                              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

Working...
                              X