• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pats-were-right
    Just paint a target on my forehead
    • Dec 2003

Re: We need a real QB

Why does this team refuse to give Manuel a chance? Dude was 2-2 with a QBR north of 80 and was yanked. Yet you gave Drew Bozo four seasons.

Comment

• Mace
      Haha...yeah you think so ?
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by pats-were-right View Post
      Why does this team refuse to give Manuel a chance? Dude was 2-2 with a QBR north of 80 and was yanked. Yet you gave Drew Bozo four seasons.
      Well, because he was honestly terrible and wouldn't throw downfield or read defenses as opposed to throwing downfield and reading defenses badly, and worse, he seemed to think he was doing great at not throwing downfield or not reading defenses.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
        Maybe?
        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
        This game wasnt on Orton. The OL blew. Orton did what he could do with no running game and a rookie in his face
        It isn't all on him but he was still truly bad. I counted 5 throws alone where he had time and completely missed his wide open targets. His stats are going to hide the mistakes, but if you use the QBR method, he'll likely be at in the bottom 5 again. He missed at critical times and in critical field positions. He needs to go.

Visit ESPN to view NFL Total QBR for the current and previous seasons

Comment

• The Natrix
          • Jul 2002

Give me specific names. Who exactly is Buffalo going to bring in that is an upgrade over Orton and how will they be obtained. If it is a draft pick, that obviously means that Orton needs to stay.

Byrd.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
            With a better QB you'd have the Colts or better. The QB can make the OL look better too.
            You're not getting it X. I've claimed Orton is a back up but there's a bigger problem than him . With last years running game and Orton being there during camp, we're in the playoffs. With this years OL , we suck no matter who we have at qb.

Inspite of Orton's collective crappy play this year, the passing game was still better than the running game all year long.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

I've been an Orton supporter because there is no one better out there but today was painful.

The OL sucks but he hung onto the ball too long and he might be the slowest runner I have ever seen. It's actually comical.

We need a QB. And it's not EJ.

Comment

• The Natrix
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical View Post
                Unless they are a detriment to the team in the locker room, there isn't a player who "needs to go" unless there is an upgrade available.

Byrd.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical View Post
                  It isn't all on him but he was still truly bad. I counted 5 throws alone where he had time and completely missed his wide open targets. His stats are going to hide the mistakes, but if you use the QBR method, he'll likely be at in the bottom 5 again. He missed at critical times and in critical field positions. He needs to go.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr
                  No doubt. Again read my posts in other threads, Orton is a back up and will make bad thtows but its harder when your running game is worse than your passing game
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                    With a better QB you'd have the Colts or better. The QB can make the OL look better too.
                    you have one in mind? Find me a qb that would make this ol look better.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• feldspar
                      • Mar 2007

The Bills ran for 13 yards today...again, 13 yards.

The o-line was horrible too.

Orton is not good enough to overcome things like this. Neither is EJ. Those guys need help. I still think that the Bills did the right thing starting Orton. We were one Gay onside kick away from having a chance to win at the end. That's right, a Gay onside kick. But the defense sort of fell apart too...Dareus is instrumental.

Should the Bills do everything they can to upgrade the QB this offseason? Make that a priority? Of course. It's not like that's not completely obvious. The Bills need to totally focus on upgrades on the offensive side of the ball. Any fool could tell you that, and that's what this one is doing.
                      Last edited by feldspar; 12-21-2014, 07:11 PM.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                        • Sep 2009

We had our shot at a real QB, we drafted TJ Graham.

Bridgewater will be a good one if he keeps improving.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                          Buffalo Bills Fan
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                          you have one in mind? Find me a qb that would make this ol look better.
                          They are going to have to draft one, then, and develop him. Which they can't seem to do.

As it stands, they are the journeyman's friend, who show up and pocket a tidy bundle to maintain the status quo. These qb grifters must have an inside laugh..."go to BUF, they'll give ya a few million"...
                          Last edited by stuckincincy; 12-21-2014, 07:19 PM.
                          Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• psubills62
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2008

As much as the front office has improved the talent on this team, they really whiffed drafting Manuel. That plus trading away this year's first really put the onus on Manuel and he's flopped. Now frankly, they did well enough that they couldn't really get a top QB in the first, but they still lost a lot of ammunition to flexibly move around.

They need to identify someone in the 3rd or 4th round that they really like and take a flier. Get someone else in here to compete, because there aren't going to be better options anywhere else, really.
                            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• djjimkelly
                              • Apr 2003

maybe the reason we have no running game is that they dont respect the qb to challenge a pass above 5 yards and stack the line appropiately

i know if i was a d-coordinator against orton id have 8 and 9 in the box full time

Comment

• stuckincincy
                                Buffalo Bills Fan
                                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by psubills62 View Post
                                As much as the front office has improved the talent on this team, they really whiffed drafting Manuel. That plus trading away this year's first really put the onus on Manuel and he's flopped. Now frankly, they did well enough that they couldn't really get a top QB in the first, but they still lost a lot of ammunition to flexibly move around.

They need to identify someone in the 3rd or 4th round that they really like and take a flier. Get someone else in here to compete, because there aren't going to be better options anywhere else, really.
                                I don't think they can do it. There must be some sort of deep, ingrained ignorance within the organization when it comes to qbs, same as CLE and WAS. All three clubs switch coaches and qbs the way working folks used to trade in cars every 3 years in the old days.
                                Last edited by stuckincincy; 12-21-2014, 07:30 PM.
                                Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

Working...
                                X