• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills trade for Matt Cassel

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Whatever.

I was being lazy and used assets instead of draft picks.

My apologies.

- - - Updated - - -

Because Cassell isn't garbage himself?
    Not you specifically, just saying.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
      • Sep 2012

Because Cassell isn't garbage himself?
      I don't deny that's he's bad but we needed a warm body for that spot, he's cheap as veterans go, and we only have a year on his deal. We moved back 40 spots in the draft and gave up the chance to draft the next CJ Ah You next year. I don't really see that as a big loss, and if they were concerned about being shot down by other FAs, I can see the logic of the move.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
        I think you overestimate Locker's abilities. Don't be clouded by his draft spot he has been terrible. Plus as has been said we already have an inaccuate, injury prone QB.
        Locker was playing GOOD football before he got injured last year.

And the Titans are ranked at the VERY BOTTOM on a power ranking poll I just read.

Comment

• Shady25
          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
          I don't deny that's he's bad but we needed a warm body for that spot, he's cheap as veterans go, and we only have a year on his deal. We moved back 40 spots in the draft and gave up the chance to draft the next CJ Ah You next year. I don't really see that as a big loss, and if they were concerned about being shot down by other FAs, I can see the logic of the move.
          Shady is glad someone sees draft picks with the same value he sees them with..

waiting for somebody to come say "but buffalo drafted SJ13 with a 7th rounder!!!!!"
          WILL NOT REMOVE THIS UNTIL SHADY IS SUPERBOWL MVP!!!
          ROCHESTER KNIGHTHAWKS '12 '13 '14 CHAMPIONS

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Shady25 View Post
            Shady is glad someone sees draft picks with the same value he sees them with..

waiting for somebody to come say "but buffalo drafted SJ13 with a 7th rounder!!!!!"
            IMO after the 4th round picks are basically house money. Move them for veterans or take flyers on projects, but you shouldn't expect or rely on them to contribute.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

Wait til next week to make the trade if you can't sign a guy like Matt Moore.

You can throw out a bunch of names and it's all interchangeable.

I'm sure no one was banging down Minny's door to get Matt Cassel.

I can see the logic of this move, if this is 3/12 and it's EJ and Tuel but not today.

Comment

• Swiper
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2010

I love you Pink. I do. I agree with most of what you say, even when many don't. But you're wrong here. The Bills gave up nothing for Cassel. He IS better than any of the free agents (LINK). Maybe not by much, but he is. Plus he is under contract, so he can't say "no" to Buffalo. He is absolutely a warm body. Manuel sucks so badly, I'm so happy they got this guy. He can hand off. He's smart. See post #121.
                Last edited by swiper; 03-05-2015, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                  • Sep 2012

Wait til next week to make the trade if you can't sign a guy like Matt Moore.

You can throw out a bunch of names and it's all interchangeable.

I'm sure no one was banging down Minny's door to get Matt Cassel.

I can see the logic of this move, if this is 3/12 and it's EJ and Tuel but not today.
                  Cassel may have been cut, and then we are in the same position that he might not be willing to come here. It's not really a big deal imo.

Comment

• Swiper
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2010

Cassel may have been cut, and then we are in the same position that he might not be willing to come here. It's not really a big deal imo.
                    THAT is EXACTLY the point. This way he had no choice. It was done correctly.

Comment

Working...
                    X