• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meathead
    Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Re: Collins has a meeting scheduled with the Bills

rumors are that rexy is dressed like a woman and giving him backtalk just to see what happens
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• emoulds80
      • Apr 2015

" lets get a ****** snack!!!!"

Comment

• Mace
        Haha...yeah you think so ?
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
        rumors are that rexy is dressed like a woman and giving him backtalk just to see what happens
        I'm honestly not seeing what panicked Collins and engaged his bumbling reps here. The police said he is not a suspect, and is still not a suspect, the NFL even said he hasn't spoken to the late lady since September or something. It almost seems to me, Collins could have gone and spoken to them sooner, he'd have been tarnished for a round, but his reps mistakenly made things worse by misinterpreting the rules and advising him to take a stand on nothing, that he'd not sign past a certain round to force teams to make a decision, oddly trying to muscle that many teams which won't be muscled in the power of the NFL over NFL opportunities.

Maybe he hired someone, but that would make him a suspect and the police would say no comment, not that he isn't a suspect. I'm not real forgiving over this kind of stuff but Collins is just looking over full of himself and ill advised at this point.

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
          Whatever happened to being innocent before being proven guilty in America?

I HATE how the media destroyed this kid's draft stock via guilt by association.

He recently passed a polygraph test under the most intense pressure.

When people are under intense pressure, they are 100 times more likely to crack.

Polygraph tests are hard to beat for a young kid in Collins' situation.

Collins didn't crack under the most challenging of circumstances.

He passed the polygraph test and he has a legitimate alibi.

Why conspire to murder someone for the sake of saving a minute amount of child support payments when you're being paid millions of dollars?

Makes no sense at all, but the media ultimately decided Collins' future.

I hope Rex Ryan convinces Collins to come to Buffalo.
          There are people on this board that have declared Winston guilty of rape & Darby guilty of the cover up of that rape.

Comment

• Mace
            Haha...yeah you think so ?
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by better days View Post
            There are people on this board that have declared Winston guilty of rape & Darby guilty of the cover up of that rape.
            Collins wasn't even in the room and the police don't even consider him a suspect though ? Huge diff.

Comment

• Buffalogic
              Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
              • Feb 2006

Good. Sign him immediately. This would be a very good get.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

I was honestly rooting for someone to pick him in the 7th so he could hold to his plan of not signing and re-entering the draft next year. His entire situation blows and if he really is innocent, he should have been allowed the opportunity of re-entering the draft next year and getting a shot at being paid like the first rounder he would have been if his name wasn't smeared.

Of course if he was behind it, then F him and he should never see the outside of a jail cell for the rest of his life.

Comment

• Oaf
                  Do you read what you write?
                  • Jun 2007

I'm sure other teams have worse (more open) situations than we do. Glenn, Cyrus, Henderson is not a bad haul, is it?

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                    • Apr 2004

He'd be the favorite to take a guard spot opposite Incognito. Urbik (because he can back-up at center) and Miller are the back-ups and Williams is the odd man out.

Comment

• psubills62
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2008

Obviously there's a cap to the signing bonus, but what kind of incentives can be offered?

As others have said, if he wants to come in and compete to be a starter, hard to find a better situation. And it sounds like he met with Rex. If Ryan is truly a player's coach, would be nice if he could convince Collins to sign with Buffalo then.
                      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Topas
                        German smartass
                        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by better days View Post
                        Well, in general I agree. Wait what the justice systems says, although your US systems sucks. But anyway. But waiting holds definitely true for Collins. But the same is not true for Winston. Because there the justice system is already finished, because IIRC the woman did not speak with the police. And that stinks that she was paid off. And in that instance, sorry, I try to steer clear of these guys. And I am very lukewarm with our draft, not because of talent but I think each team can have a few douchebags as long as the locker room is working (i.e. Fred and Kyle kicking their assess if they screw up). But if you get too many douchebags then you will run into problems. And currently it looks like we are specifically targeting douchebags.

And I don't count Collins in that group. At least not yet. He just handled the situation very poorly.

Comment

• Buddo
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by psubills62 View Post
                          Obviously there's a cap to the signing bonus, but what kind of incentives can be offered?

As others have said, if he wants to come in and compete to be a starter, hard to find a better situation. And it sounds like he met with Rex. If Ryan is truly a player's coach, would be nice if he could convince Collins to sign with Buffalo then.
                          There aren't really any incentives available. The whole pool for signing UDFAs has just something like $88,000 available for bonuses.

The only thing that could be done, would be to guarantee his contract in full, which amounts to just over $1.5 million for the 3 years. The other thing, is that after two years, he will be able to sign another deal with the team.

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

The key is to make sure he didn't pull a Rae Carruth and order a hit.

After all the bad publicity the NFL received last year, they will be monitoring this closely.

I want the team to get better but don't put the blinders on yet. Tread lightly while more info comes out.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Swiper
                              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                              The key is to make sure he didn't pull a Rae Carruth and order a hit.
                              You hit the nail on the head.

Comment

• YardRat
                                Well, lookie here...
                                • Dec 2004

Now that it looks like undrafted free agent LSU offensive lineman La'el Collins will be fully cleared in the near future of having any involvement in the

An 'unsanctioned meeting'? Never heard that one before.
                                YardRat Wall of Fame
                                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                                X