• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spartacus
    • Mar 2003

Re: When you discuss deflatgate with non football fans

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
    This. Exactly this. I don't care about the deflated balls. And while the math is compelling re: fumble stats, there simply is nothing definitive in the Wells report that you can point to as corroborative evidence. The issue is that the Patriots insist on lying through their teeth instead of accepting responsibility for their transgression. I agree with Shiva that the people who gloss over this to ***** about the Patriots cheating look silly. If the conversation were about them LYING, then I think it'd be a more productive talk.
    You don't KNOW they're lying and the fumble stats are a different issue.

If the league wishes to take it up, then that's fine, but a fan generated issue has nothing to do with what's going on between Goodell and the Patriots.

ALL the teams in the league were allowed to prepare the balls the way they wanted to, which could mean all sorts of measures to make the ball easier to hold onto.

Plus, players are ALLOWED to wear gloves with extra tacky palms. recievers and RBs wear them all the time, and some qbs as well. So why is it that you can make the ball easier to hold onto with artificial hand coverings, but deflating the ball slightly to achieve the same thing for bare hands is a satanic plot?

As I said before, it's in the leagues interest to help the qbs PLAY BETTER, because SO MANY OF THEM PLAY LIKE CRAP.

The fact is, they are only USING this issue to go after the Pats and would have NEVER bothered if it had been another team.
    My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Spartacus
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by better days View Post
      After all, Goodell DESTROYED ALL the evidence of CHEATING by the Patriots* in Spygate.
      He destroyed it because there was nothing to it and he didn't want anyone else to reali2e it.

He destroyed it for HIS benefit and no one else's.
      My tebya razdavim

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
        He destroyed it because there was nothing to it and he didn't want anyone else to reali2e it.

He destroyed it for HIS benefit and no one else's.
        ​LMAO at this post

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
          Making Spirits Bright
          • Mar 2006

The fact is, they are only USING this issue to go after the Pats and would have NEVER bothered if it had been another team.
          It surprises me that you still don't know what a fact is.

Comment

• Spartacus
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
            Then stop doing that.
            Not only is it more than probable you're a dumbass, you're also probably a dumbass.

You might be the biggest hater on this board, just not towards the Patriots.
            Sorry, but YOUR side has crowed about how much you HATE Tom Brady and the Pats since this issue emerged.

I have never said I hate anyone or any particular team.

But hearing someone whine "You do it TOO!" always brightens my day...
            My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
              Making Spirits Bright
              • Mar 2006

Not only is it more than probable you're a dumbass, you're also probably a dumbass.
              Oh burn. That hurts, internet man. I wonder why everyone thinks you're opinions are worthless when you come back with posts like this.

Sorry, but YOUR side has crowed about how much you HATE Tom Brady and the Pats since this issue emerged.
              Weird how that happens on a Bills message board.

I have never said I hate anyone or any particular team.
              You don't have to say those particular words for it not to be true, hater.

But hearing someone whine "You do it TOO!" always brightens my day...
              Let's add the word 'whine' to the ever growing list of words you don't understand. Man, that list is getting bigger and bigger with every post.

Comment

• feldspar
                • Mar 2007

Discussing Deflategate with Patriot fans is another thing altogether...

Comment

• chris66
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                  Discussing Deflategate with Patriot fans is another thing altogether...
                  Its not even worth discussing. Puplic opinion was set the morning after the afccg.

The funniest thing is that the Wells report even states that the pressure of the 11 balls fall into what the ideal gas law allows.

Comment

• ICRockets
                    Childish Fake Voter
                    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by chris66 View Post
                    Its not even worth discussing. Puplic opinion was set the morning after the afccg.

The funniest thing is that the Wells report even states that the pressure of the 11 balls fall into what the ideal gas law allows.
                    No, it actually states the exact opposite.

From Page 111: "Specifically, all but three of the Patriots footballs, as measured by both gauges, registered pressure levels lower than the range predicted by the Ideal Gas Law, when applied to the conditions most likely to have been present on the day of the AFC Championship game."
                    Last edited by ICRockets; 05-18-2015, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• ICRockets
                      Childish Fake Voter
                      • Jul 2008

You don't KNOW they're lying

They claim McNally called himself "the deflator" because he was losing weight, and that his text 8 minutes later with nothing in between saying that he's "not going to espn...yet" was about a pair of shoes Jastremski gave him that he shouldn't have. It's your contention that this has even the slightest shred of credibility to it? If so, I'd like to have that conversation.

Comment

• Spartacus
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
                        They claim McNally called himself "the deflator" because he was losing weight, and that his text 8 minutes later with nothing in between saying that he's "not going to espn...yet" was about a pair of shoes Jastremski gave him that he shouldn't have. It's your contention that this has even the slightest shred of credibility to it? If so, I'd like to have that conversation.
                        I guess you didn't read the thread because I dealt with that earlier.

The "deflator" email was sent May 14 2014 - the MIDDLE of the off-season. Why would he be using a juvenile nick-name for himself doing something underhanded just before games 4 months after the last game and four months before the next game? Or is he the type of guy who loves to refer to himself in the third person, ala "the deflator says this and the deflator says that" or "the deflator needs to get new tires for his ride" or "the deflator likes big butts and he cannot lie!"?
                        My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Spartacus
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post

Weird how that happens on a Bills message board.
                          What is it about being a Bills fan that entitles you to hate people and organi2ations?

I've been a football fan for 55 years and it wasn't until I joined the range, and then here, that I learned there was a subset of fans that were PROUD of hating other teams and other players.

I never have.

Football is entertainment, you either like it or you don't, but hating individuals on those teams, or the teams themselves, never arose.

When did YOU learn it was okay to hate as long as you were a football fan?
                          My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Discotrish
                            Raging hypocrite and resident troll
                            • Nov 2003

You don't KNOW they're lying and the fumble stats are a different issue.

If the league wishes to take it up, then that's fine, but a fan generated issue has nothing to do with what's going on between Goodell and the Patriots.

ALL the teams in the league were allowed to prepare the balls the way they wanted to, which could mean all sorts of measures to make the ball easier to hold onto.

Plus, players are ALLOWED to wear gloves with extra tacky palms. recievers and RBs wear them all the time, and some qbs as well. So why is it that you can make the ball easier to hold onto with artificial hand coverings, but deflating the ball slightly to achieve the same thing for bare hands is a satanic plot?

As I said before, it's in the leagues interest to help the qbs PLAY BETTER, because SO MANY OF THEM PLAY LIKE CRAP.

That's quite a rationalization.

Hernandez was convicted on less evidence.

Patti
                            Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

• ICRockets
                              Childish Fake Voter
                              • Jul 2008

The "deflator" email was sent May 14 2014 - the MIDDLE of the off-season. Why would he be using a juvenile nick-name for himself doing something underhanded just before games 4 months after the last game and four months before the next game? Or is he the type of guy who loves to refer to himself in the third person, ala "the deflator says this and the deflator says that" or "the deflator needs to get new tires for his ride" or "the deflator likes big butts and he cannot lie!"?
                              The implications are pretty obvious if you're not an idiot.

Comment

• Discotrish
                                Raging hypocrite and resident troll
                                • Nov 2003

Because he's been doing this since 2007 and had no expectation of being caught.

Patti
                                Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

Working...
                                X