X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Seems like some powerful owners are on Goodell's side

SAN FRANCISCO — Deflategate has turned an otherwise sleepy owners meeting here this week into another must-see NFL event. Roger Goodell and Patriots owner Robert Kraft will cross paths for the firs…

At a time when his punishment of the Patriots has called into question his relationship with owner Robert Kraft, it's interesting to see who Roger Goodell's allies are.

Pegula has publicly praised Kraft during the sale process. I don't know where he stands on deflate gate issue; hope someone ask him directly one day.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Seems like some powerful owners are on Goodell's side

Kraft needs to be booted by the other 31 owners, and Goodell should go shortly thereafter.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Goobylal
      • Jan 2004

I have no doubt most of the other owners aren't happy with the Cheatriots and getting caught in another scandal.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

No surprise to me.

I posted in one of Sparticus's ridiculous threads that Kraft would get little support from the other owners

Comment

• Topas
          German smartass
          • Feb 2014

two things bother me.

First, I think with this story about two different gauges, I really think Brady has some good arguments that there is no real evidence that he did something. The weight-loss part is ridiculous, but you cannot prove anything. So I really think there is the possibility that they settle for a 50K fine and no missed games.

Second, I think the NFL got so much pub during a time when the NFL does not get that many headlines, that maybe the owners are actually fine with that, although, obviously officially they have to declare otherwise.

Combining both would be worst case. That means nothing happens and everybody is fine with the behaviour of the Cheats...

I hope I am wrong.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

One of the owners will spill some of the provided Hennessy Paradis ($1,100 a bottle) on Krafts ascot and within minutes, the owners will send their seconds outside to settle things.

I'd rather attend a craft beer festival than a Captain Ego convention, let alone read about it. Kraft can do nothing about the Pats image as cheaters for life and the " cheater " chants will be heard early and often during Patriots road games this upcoming year.

Sometimes, even when you're a zillionaire, you don't get your way.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Spartacus
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
              http://nypost.com/2015/05/18/kraft-r...ieve-in-tommy/

At a time when his punishment of the Patriots has called into question his relationship with owner Robert Kraft, it's interesting to see who Roger Goodell's allies are.

"Some owners"?

The thread title should be "Jerry Jones and Arthur Blank suck up to Roger Goodell".

And Arthur Blank has some ****ing nerve going after the Pats after admitting to pumping artificial crowd noise into the stadium. Nothing like an admitted cheater critici2ing someone else for insisting they're innocent.

LOL! You haters are getting really desperate if you have to look to Jerry Jones and Arthur Blank for validation.

"Some owners"...

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!
              My tebya razdavim

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

I'm not a fan of either Jones or Blank myself, but at least Atlanta cooperated with their investigation and accepted the consequences like men instead of entitled, whiny, little *****es.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• chris66
                  • Sep 2006

Kraft makes the owners a lot of money. He chairs the broadcasting committee. He also sits on Cbs board of directors. He has great relationships with all the metworks.

Push comes to shove They will side with Kraft before Goodell
                  Last edited by chris66; 05-19-2015, 04:49 AM.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Wow...that was just like Beetlejuice.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• chris66
                      • Sep 2006

With the NFL's owners gathered in San Francisco for quarterly meetings, some important business potentially will be transacted over a large bowl of Rice-A-Roni.

Goodell getting worried

Comment

• Spartacus
                        • Mar 2003

Deflate Your Belly Bulge

Super-sizing, "cleaning" your kids' plates and sitting at a desk all add up to middle-age spread. Here's how to suck it up for good.

ABC News' Nutrition and Wellness editor offers a new plan to keep lean in his new book "Zero Belly Diet."

Dave Zinczenko is Ready to Help You Deflate Your Belly Fat

It’s never the ideal time to be affected by belly bloat, but dealing with it during bathing suit season is just that much worse. The main reason behind uncomfortable bloat is an imbalance of the healthy bacteria in the gut, states Dr. Mark Hyman, family physician and author of “10-Day Detox Diet.” “This is what I refer to as a ‘food baby,’ which is what happens when you eat foods that

Feeling bloated? How to deflate your belly in just one week

Welcome to Herbalife USA - global leaders in weight management, health & nutrition, fitness & performance, skin & body care products. Join us today!

Quick tips to deflate a fat belly and eliminate indigestion

Posted by Susan Bowerman, MS, RD, CSSD

Bloated? Learn how to deflate that stomach!

Lots, lots more...
                        My tebya razdavim

Comment

• chris66
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                          One of the owners will spill some of the provided Hennessy Paradis ($1,100 a bottle) on Krafts ascot and within minutes, the owners will send their seconds outside to settle things.

I'd rather attend a craft beer festival than a Captain Ego convention, let alone read about it. Kraft can do nothing about the Pats image as cheaters for life and the " cheater " chants will be heard early and often during Patriots road games this upcoming year.

Sometimes, even when you're a zillionaire, you don't get your way.
                          Dont think he really cares. We have been hearing that since 07.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

pats fans know deep down inside they are frauds. that's what always happens. you can defend it publically, but you are what you are. newbie fans that got caught up in the scam. now you have to keep trying to defend it. but the lion share seem to be skirting back to baseball like they always have.

as they say in seattle, "BRADY CHEATED!".

Comment

• Spartacus
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                              pats fans know deep down inside they are frauds. that's what always happens. you can defend it publically, but you are what you are. newbie fans that got caught up in the scam. now you have to keep trying to defend it. but the lion share seem to be skirting back to baseball like they always have.

as they say in seattle, "BRADY CHEATED!".
                              "Newbie fan"? Hardly. It wasn't a Pats fan that started a thread about why we should all care about what non-football fans think.

I've been an NFL and AFL fan for 55 years, and I'm telling you this Deflategate crap is horse**** and Pete Ro2elle and Paul Tagliabue would have never ****ed this thing up so badly.

Goodell is either out of his mind or an incompetent boob, and he's going down because of this.

Although I'd like him to stick around long enough to see what happens when the Pats win the Superbowl again and they all give him the finger.
                              My tebya razdavim

Comment

Working...
                              X