Merged all things Brady, cheating, bellicheat, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Discotrish
    Raging hypocrite and resident troll
    • Nov 2003

Re: Merged all things Brady, cheating, bellicheat, etc.

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    I knew I shouldn't have wasted my time.
    That's a pretty good summary of your Brady/Patriots defense overall.

Patti
    Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

• Spartacus
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
      Page 41 of the PDF (noted as pg 39 of the actual document), under 'Prohibited Conduct'. It's a violation to...

Use at any time,from the start to the finish of any game in which a club is a participant ,any communications or information gathering equipment, other than Polaroid-type cameras or field telephones, including without limitation videotape machines ,telephone tapping or bugging devices, or any other form of electronic device that might aid a team during the playing of a game;
      I was asking about the text to the amendment, since we know that technology in the NFL isn't limited to polaroids and field telephones anymore.

But anyway, thank you for digging up this antiquated document and it's stone-age concerns that videotape "machines", like telephone tapping or bugging devices would use their witchery to figure out how to bamboo2le opposing coaches during games that were on their way to being losses.

Although I suspect their motivation for including "video-machines" was more cost than competition driven.

It was 1970 after all.
      My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Spartacus
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by senseofdoom View Post
        2. Admittedly, the grudge was an assumption. Was he was just to stupid to realize what he was doing?

Mangini regrets turning in Patriots, spygate
        Posted by Zuri Berry, Boston.com Staff May 1, 2012 05:10 PM

Former Patriots assistant coach and former New York Jets head coach Eric Mangini expressed dismay today over the ever cloudy shadow that is "spygate."

Mangini, who alerted the NFL in 2007 that the the Patriots were taping opponents while head coach of the Jets, took to ESPN's NFL Live program to convey his disappointment in how the scandal has continued to plague the franchise, particularly after Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh called the Patriots' three Super Bowls tainted.

"It's regret, it's disappointment, it's all of those things," Mangini said. "Because I know what it took to win those Super Bowls and I have so much respect for the people that were involved there. I'm disappointed that this is what it's translated into.

"Never in a million years did I expect it to play out like this," Mangini continued. "This is one of those situations where I didn't want them to do the things they were doing. I didn't think it was any kind of significant advantage, but I wasn't going to give them the convenience of doing it in our stadium, and I wanted to shut it down. But there was no intent to get the league involved. There was no intent to have the landslide that it has become."

...more...

This article also shows that Harbaugh holds a grudge against the Patriots that stems from at least 2012.

Harbaugh to Grigson to Goodell...

Eric Mangini, who as a Patriots assistant knew about the practice of taping opposing teams' signals, and who informed the league office of the practice when he was the Jets' head coach, said today that he regrets the way Spygate has continued to overshadow the Patriots and coach Bill Belichick.

Eric Mangini regrets turning in the Patriots over Spygate
        Posted by Michael David Smith on May 1, 2012, 4:44 PM EDT
        BelichickMangini992007AP AP

Eric Mangini, who as a Patriots assistant knew about the practice of taping opposing teams’ signals, and who informed the league office of the practice when he was the Jets’ head coach, said today that he regrets the way Spygate has continued to overshadow the Patriots and coach Bill Belichick.

After Ravens coach John Harbaugh called the Patriots’ titles tainted today, then said he regretted that comment, Mangini weighed in on ESPN’s NFL Live and said he regrets everything about Spygate. Mangini said that if he had it to do all over again, he never would have informed NFL Security that the Patriots were taping the Jets’ signals during a game on September 10, 2007.

...more...
        My tebya razdavim

Comment

• senseofdoom
          • Aug 2012

So, he's either an idiot or a liar. Still don't see how it's relevant.

Comment

• ICRockets
            Childish Fake Voter
            • Jul 2008

I was asking about the text to the amendment, since we know that technology in the NFL isn't limited to polaroids and field telephones anymore.

It was 1970 after all.
            Which I imagine is exactly the reality the NFL had in mind when they ended it with 'or any other form of electronic device that might aid a team during the playing of a game;

Why would they need to add amendments that specify new technology when that language is present?

Comment

• Spartacus
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
              Which I imagine is exactly the reality the NFL had in mind when they ended it with 'or any other form of electronic device that might aid a team during the playing of a game;

Why would they need to add amendments that specify new technology when that language is present?
              Ask Roger Goodell...

BTW, it sure looke like all the teams have tablets on the sideline these days, and radio communication from the sidelines to the QB and MLB,,,

My tebya razdavim

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Strongman View Post
                Cheatriot fans have an explanation for it... Basically it's some iteration of Belicheat hates fumblers. So if someone fumbles, they are in Belicheat's doghouse. Pretty amazing that no other NFL coach had thought of that before.
                Exactly. As if he is the only Coach that hates fumblers.

Rex Ryan: "I will learn his name when he learns how to hang on to the ball."

Comment

• ICRockets
                  Childish Fake Voter
                  • Jul 2008

Ask Roger Goodell...

BTW, it sure looke like all the teams have tablets on the sideline these days, and radio communication from the sidelines to the QB and MLB,,,

http://www.sfgate.com/technology/art...es-5665371.php
                  Yeah, I realized after I posted that the rule doesn't explicitly apply to using electronic devices to tape the opposing sideline. So the amendments are important to see what they say about newly allowed tech and any illegal uses thereof.

Comment

• Spartacus
                    • Mar 2003

Yeah, I realized after I posted that the rule doesn't explicitly apply to using electronic devices to tape the opposing sideline. So the amendments are important to see what they say about newly allowed tech and any illegal uses thereof.
                    And the amendments were put in place after Mangini betrayed his mentor.

That was Belichick's defense - that the old rule referred to devices intended to affect the result of the game being taped, something that videotape could only ever do in the fevered imaginations of a 1970 NFL bylaws committee, and not a visual record of something that could be seen by 10's of 1000s of people in the stadium and would only be used as research for future games, just like gameday tape of the players on the field.

We all know how Goodell ruled...
                    My tebya razdavim

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

But anyway, thank you for digging up this antiquated document and it's stone-age concerns that videotape "machines", like telephone tapping or bugging devices would use their witchery to figure out how to bamboo2le opposing coaches during games that were on their way to being losses.

Although I suspect their motivation for including "video-machines" was more cost than competition driven.

It was 1970 after all.
                      The text in any amendment is irrelevant, the rule the Patriots broke is the language I have pointed out, in place since the merger, which is what the discussion is about.

Just wave the white flag on this one Shiva. It's over.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ICRockets
                        Childish Fake Voter
                        • Jul 2008

The text in any amendment is irrelevant, the rule the Patriots broke is the language I have pointed out, in place since the merger, which is what the discussion is about.

You know he smells blood in the water now, right? You're dead on your feet on this one, you just don't know it yet.

Comment

• Spartacus
                          • Mar 2003

You know he smells blood in the water now, right? You're dead on your feet on this one, you just don't know it yet.

I always love the part when people try to duck out of the discussion by announcing their own "victories". You can tell they're getting worried.

And the wording of the amendment is certainly relevant, as is the point in the timeline when it was ratified.
                          My tebya razdavim

Comment

• ICRockets
                            Childish Fake Voter
                            • Jul 2008

I always love the part when people try to duck out of the discussion by announcing their own "victories". You can tell they're getting worried.

And the wording of the amendment is certainly relevant, as is the point in the timeline when it was ratified.
                            I was talking to him, not you. In what world is what I said relevant to your point?

Comment

• Bill Cody
                              • Sep 2004

It was 1970 after all.
                              I believe you are right on this at least in part. The original rule specifically says "during the playing of a game". The Patriots weren't using the tapes during the game, they were using the tapes to prepare for future games. BB felt this meant they were not in violation of the original rule. The league was aware NE was taping games and had been for years, never did anything about it, maybe some teams complained. At which point I do think they sent out a memo preseason 2006 telling teams not to do this (not sure if any other teams besides NE were doing it). That's the reason NE got slapped when Mangini reported them, it was because they ignored the memo. The original rule is ambiguous at best.

Comment

• Strongman
                                • Apr 2006

Your whole back and forth with him is really starting to look like this:

Comment

Working...
                                X