X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ed
    • Sep 2002

Bills sign OT Wayne Hunter

I'm not sure why Rex seems to like this guy as much as he does. I thought he was terrible when he was with the Jets. I can only assume that it's a one year vet min deal with little to no guaranteed money. I hope he's just an extra camp body and doesn't make the 53.

• SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Re: Bills sign OT Wayne Hunter

I love a lot of things about Rex. His blindness of former players is not one of them.

If this guy is anything more than camp fodder, our OT depth is crap.

Comment

• feldspar
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
      I love a lot of things about Rex. His blindness of former players is not one of them.

If this guy is anything more than camp fodder, our OT depth is crap.
      How many of his former players do the Bills have? Which ones do you disagree with? That really isn't a problem.

I agree about the crap at OT depth part. Something needs to be done about that.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

I would of rather risked a pick on Battle in the Supplemental Draft then have signed Wayne Hunter.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Oh great...this guys makes Pears look adequate.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mace
            Haha...yeah you think so ?
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Ed View Post
            I'm not sure why Rex seems to like this guy as much as he does. I thought he was terrible when he was with the Jets. I can only assume that it's a one year vet min deal with little to no guaranteed money. I hope he's just an extra camp body and doesn't make the 53.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...1-d1cca1923d1c
            He WAS terrible with the Jets. So they traded him to the Rams, where he was also terrible, then cut. Before the Jets he was terrible with Seattle who drafted him 11 years ago, and then he was terrible with Jacksonville before going to the Jets.

Continuing his tradition of Terrible, he was terrible in 2013, no one wanted him. He followed that up by being terrible in 2014, when no one wanted him. He was so terrible no one has played him in a regular season game since 2011.

He was so terrible in 2012, Ryan benched him in camp for allowing too many sacks.

I can't believe they can't find better camp fodder. The rest of the league had 640 players as camp fodder over the past two seasons, and he wasn't one of them, so he's at best the 641'st best camp fodder.

This a a woeful pickup, even to to do an old chum a solid because it wastes a spot that could be used for a better camp "maybe". "Like who, Mace ?" Well geez, my cousin can block better and she could probably take her vacation for training camp.

Comment

• EDS
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
              How many of his former players do the Bills have? Which ones do you disagree with? That really isn't a problem.

I agree about the crap at OT depth part. Something needs to be done about that.
              Hunter joins Jets refugees John Conner, Matthew Mulligan and Matt Simms. Funny that all the former Jets the Bills have brought in are offensive players. Remember how many of us thought the Jet targets would be guys like David Harris, Mark Sanchez and Bilal Powell.

Comment

• Mace
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by EDS View Post
                Hunter joins Jets refugees John Conner, Matthew Mulligan and Matt Simms. Funny that all the former Jets the Bills have brought in are offensive players. Remember how many of us thought the Jet targets would be guys like David Harris, Mark Sanchez and Bilal Powell.
                I'm pretty good with saying I disagree with all of them, myself. Add Lee and Lal (offensive coaches for pretty important positions) and well...it speaks for itself. Maybe it works, I dunno, it will be colorful and amusing in any case.

Comment

• EDS
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                  I'm pretty good with saying I disagree with all of them, myself. Add Lee and Lal (offensive coaches for pretty important positions) and well...it speaks for itself. Maybe it works, I dunno, it will be colorful and amusing in any case.
                  I think the changes of any of the former Jets guys even making the roster are below 15%.

Comment

• Mace
                    • Mar 2013

I think the changes of any of the former Jets guys even making the roster are below 15%.
                    I sure agree, but it will be notable if they do.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Why don't we re-sign Ruvell Martin while we're at it? Jesus H Christ.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mace
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                        Why don't we re-sign Ruvell Martin while we're at it? Jesus H Christ.
                        Because they'd have to cut Wayne Hunter or Matthew Mulligan. Vicious circle.

Comment

• feldspar
                          • Mar 2007

Sure, but how many of those guys have a real chance to contribute much?

I was thinking David Harris, but not so much the other two you mentioned. Not Sanchez at all.

Comment

• Jimkelly12203
                            • Jun 2015

Hunter was so bad in NY it was news worthy. That is to say, they had entire articles about how bad he was.

That being said, you need bodies to run a training camp and, in my opinion, the more famililar you are with those bodies the better.

I get the signing if it is to fill a roll this summer. Someone that knows Rex and (likely) a bit about what Roman might do.

If, on the other hand, this was a serious signing with significant playing time in mind from September to the end of the season, then i will agree. Rex is nuts.

I don't think Rex is nuts though. I think this is a good dude that Rex likes who (despite not being an NFL caliber tackle) can help us get through training camp. You NEED bodies. Especially when Roman is going to be running two offenses at the same time to increase the number of reps. People you are familiar with are quite helpful in such circumstances.

All of that said, if hunter is positioned as a key back-up in week one, we're in trouble. If he's a starter we're ****ed.
                            All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

Comment

• Mace
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Jimkelly12203 View Post
                              Hunter was so bad in NY it was news worthy. That is to say, they had entire articles about how bad he was.

That being said, you need bodies to run a training camp and, in my opinion, the more famililar you are with those bodies the better.
                              That sort of means you need to be familiar with how terrible he is too though, considering you're the one who knew enough to bench him in training camp for being terrible 3 years ago, and he has no body of work since because every one else thought he was terrible too to the point he's not been on a roster in 2 years.

This was just a terrible decision. Dude is going to be 34 in two days, his terrible is certain.

His upside is that his nonexistent skills are declining and he might get a burst of old-man strength.
                              Last edited by Mace; 07-01-2015, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X