• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BertSquirtgum
    • May 2009

Re: QB is already known at OBD!!

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
    Obviously the Bills haven't come out and announced the starter but they already know who it is.

After reporters tried to dump praise on EJ after the conclusion of OTA's Rex almost scoffed and said the film tells the tail of what they are trying to accomplish.

Kyle Williams was on Sirius and basically excused Cassel's performance and said the defense was instructed to "throw everything at the offense" in support of the hosts contention that Cassel would be the starter.

Roman and Ryan eluded in the spring that the starter would be known when camp started. Our season starts in 45 days. There is no competition. This comes down to who can run the offense and that's the vet.

Ryan wants to win and with the exception of Fred Jackson's praise for EJ he's on an island.

Matt Cassel is this starter.
    No

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

I know everyone wants the athletic 1st round pick with some upside to win the job.....

I love Bryce Brown and can't understand why he's behind Dixon. But he's getting cut for fumbitis and EJ is getting benched because he can't run the offense. Plain and simple.

Cassel will be the starter.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

I know everyone wants the athletic 1st round pick with some upside to win the job.....

I love Bryce Brown and can't understand why he's behind Dixon. But he's getting cut for fumbitis and EJ is getting benched because he can't run the offense. Plain and simple.

Cassel will be the starter.
        The only impact I can remember Brown making since joining the Bills is to help them lose a game.

Boobie is not beast mode, but he is the closest thing to a beast on the Bills.

I want Boobie over Brown without question.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

just no way its true that they have it figured out.
          Cassel didn't look good and only makes sense if you think this is the year for the superbowl and that they can manage a game well enough week to week.

the bills still haven't been to the playoffs. So its an absurd gamble. yes, cassel may get you to the playoffs, but they aren't going any further. and once they are out, do you wnat to go into next year with cassel again? That should scare the crap out of everyone.

Manuel/tyrod is going to have to get it. if neither of them don't, the great defense era of the bills will close with yet another losing team.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
            just no way its true that they have it figured out.
            Cassel didn't look good and only makes sense if you think this is the year for the superbowl and that they can manage a game well enough week to week.

the bills still haven't been to the playoffs. So its an absurd gamble. yes, cassel may get you to the playoffs, but they aren't going any further. and once they are out, do you wnat to go into next year with cassel again? That should scare the crap out of everyone.

Manuel/tyrod is going to have to get it. if neither of them don't, the great defense era of the bills will close with yet another losing team.
            I'm not disagreeing with anything your saying here. Chris Brown was on Sirrius this AM and basically said they need mediocre play at QB. The annoucers literally said "c-" play to make the playoffs with this roster.

That's the way this team is thinking.

The QB has to manage the offense and not make critical mistakes. This is exactly why Cassel wins the job. The annoucers were saying that Tyrod has a better chance of starting than EJ.

Comment

• Victor7
              • Jul 2013

Its gonna be Cassel folks. Make your peace with it.

All the Bills need is a guy that can complete a few throws and not make many mistakes. That is NOT the definition of EJ Manuel who can't complete a pass to save his inaccurate life.

Taylor is a 3rd stringer.

Cassel is the only experienced one of the 3. He's gonna get the gig.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Victor7 View Post
                Its gonna be Cassel folks. Make your peace with it.

All the Bills need is a guy that can complete a few throws and not make many mistakes. That is NOT the definition of EJ Manuel who can't complete a pass to save his inaccurate life.

Taylor is a 3rd stringer.

Cassel is the only experienced one of the 3. He's gonna get the gig.
                Well Cassel does have a lot of experience at LOSING. Winning, not so much.

All the EJ HATERS better be prepared to watch him start for the Bills.

Comment

• The King
                  Without me it's just Awe so
                  • Jun 2004

Didnt Roman save the career of Alex Smith?

Sure he's done some good things with Kap, but what he did with Smith is probably the most impressive.
                  I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                  "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                  You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                  It was all
                  true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                  He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                  mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Victor7
                    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by better days View Post
                    Well Cassel does have a lot of experience at LOSING. Winning, not so much.

All the EJ HATERS better be prepared to watch him start for the Bills.
                    Taylor's never started and EJ isn't much of a winner either.

Its a matter of experience of which Cassel has the most.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Cassel is also the oldest by far, so if he does win the job, he will be a stopgap at best.

Bills fans should hope EJ or Tyrod win the job over Cassel because if they are good enough to do so, the Bills could have a decent QB for much longer than if it is Cassel.

Cassel not only did not separate himself from EJ & Tyrod, in OTA's, reports from most of the Media is that EJ outplayed both Cassel & Tyrod.

Comment

• Victor7
                        • Jul 2013

Cassel is also the oldest by far, so if he does win the job, he will be a stopgap at best.
                        Agreed. But right now a stop gap is all we can hope for.

Bills fans should hope EJ or Tyrod win the job over Cassel because if they are good enough to do so, the Bills could have a decent QB for much longer than if it is Cassel.
                        I already know EJ doens't have what it takes. Taylor is a 3rd stringer at best.

Cassel not only did not separate himself from EJ & Tyrod, in OTA's, reports from most of the Media is that EJ outplayed both Cassel & Tyrod.
                        Most of the stuff I read said that all 3 were pathetic beyond words. EJ included. Thus the equality remains and the most experienced guy will start. Cassel.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                          • Sep 2004

Obviously the Bills haven't come out and announced the starter but they already know who it is.

After reporters tried to dump praise on EJ after the conclusion of OTA's Rex almost scoffed and said the film tells the tail of what they are trying to accomplish.

Kyle Williams was on Sirius and basically excused Cassel's performance and said the defense was instructed to "throw everything at the offense" in support of the hosts contention that Cassel would be the starter.

Roman and Ryan eluded in the spring that the starter would be known when camp started. Our season starts in 45 days. There is no competition. This comes down to who can run the offense and that's the vet.

Ryan wants to win and with the exception of Fred Jackson's praise for EJ he's on an island.

Matt Cassel is this starter.
                          I think we're still a ways away from this

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

If they already knew who the starter is, I don't think they would be playing around with rep splitting
                            Last edited by Dr. Lecter; 07-27-2015, 12:59 PM.
                            Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                              • Sep 2004

By this logic all our draft choices are doomed

Comment

• justasportsfan
                                • Jul 2002

I'll pulling for EJ to be honest because if he finally gets it, the ceiling is very high.
                                sacrifice1
                                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                                X