For Those Waiting on Brandon to Leave...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: For Those Waiting on Brandon to Leave...

People who are equating this to any results on the field are complete MORONS.

Brandon has been amazing at his job. Marketing the teams. The Bills continued to fill the seats for the last 15 years of a **** team.

He was completely out of his element when Ralph made him GM. What was he supposed to do though? Ralph asked him to do it and he did it.

I find it so comical that so many people act as if Brandon is bad at his job. He is probably one of the best at what he does in all of sports.

No one, including Brandon himself, wants him involved with personal decisions and he won't be for either team.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Are we forgetting something? Russ equals Ralph. That's why Ralph trusted Russ to run the team once his health failed him.

Bottom line first. Winning second.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
        Making Spirits Bright
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
        Are we forgetting something? Russ equals Ralph. That's why Ralph trusted Russ to run the team once his health failed him.

Bottom line first. Winning second.
        Since Pegula took over, what has Russ done that makes you think he's "Ralph?"

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
          Exactly

such a stupid comparison. Pegula has proven to be the polar opposite of Ralph in that regard. Willing to do and pay whatever it takes for the teams to win.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
            I'm talking about before Pegula. Brandon ran the team for the last few years because Ralph was too sickly, and he ran it just like Ralph did.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post

Brandon has been amazing at his job. Marketing the teams. The Bills continued to fill the seats for the last 15 years of a **** team.

He was completely out of his element when Ralph made him GM. What was he supposed to do though? Ralph asked him to do it and he did it.

I find it so comical that so many people act as if Brandon is bad at his job. He is probably one of the best at what he does in all of sports.

No one, including Brandon himself, wants him involved with personal decisions and he won't be for either team.
              You are right, Opiv is wrong again.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mace
                Haha...yeah you think so ?
                • Mar 2013

I really don't like Brandon. Happy himbo's that spout trendy catchphrases aggravate me, saw too many in my day. That said, he managed to sell the Bills without fools embracing a tank brought on by incompetence pretended as planning. Keep him being a happy himbo on the business side wearing the appropriate cap and gladhanding and all is well. At least you'll buy your crap, eat it, know it's crap, hate him, and feel better in the morning knowing you'll tolerate a goof with a decent marketing mind as opposed to being fooled into believing you're tolerating a solid guy without a clue who convinced you to believe he was smarter than he was by actually getting you to root against a team you love and buy their stuff anyway, and thinking you were all the better for it.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post

What was he supposed to do? Grow a pair and say "I can run the business side but I'm not qualified to run the football side. Why don't we interview these people?"

But Ralph and Russ value the bottom dollar more than winning, and Russ is the quintessential corporate yes-man.

Gotta love the homerism on this board. The team struggles: "clean house! Fire everyone! How is Brandon still employed?!?!?" Pegula puts Brandon in charge of the Bills and the Sabres: "well he's great at marketing and the struggles weren't really his fault."

I'll give you that he's good at marketing. He has all the usual automatons drinking his kool aid. Again.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                    Making Spirits Bright
                    • Mar 2006

I'm talking about before Pegula. Brandon ran the team for the last few years because Ralph was too sickly, and he ran it just like Ralph did.
                    You mean he ran it according to the guidelines Ralph put in place.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

What specifically was he supposed to do differently? It wasn't like Ralph handed the guy a checkbook and said spend whatever you want to make the team better. A lot of the hate directed at Brandon is done without any actual idea of what he was or wasn't allowed to do during his time as GM.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mace
                        Haha...yeah you think so ?
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                        What specifically was he supposed to do differently? It wasn't like Ralph handed the guy a checkbook and said spend whatever you want to make the team better. A lot of the hate directed at Brandon is done without any actual idea of what he was or wasn't allowed to do during his time as GM.
                        Everything I ever read said he was a figurehead guy. Only reason he aggravated me in that capacity even was his facetime gladhanding in the preseason then disappearing when trouble started. "Gee whiz guys this is so cool, whoop, have to go hide."

I don't think he ever really did anything football related but show up for the cameras to wear the hat though, or at the least never saw any source claim he did besides irritated fans on message boards.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                          Ok.

So, we don't know. He may have been responsible for a lot of it, he may have been responsible for very little of it. But as a fan, are you willing to take that chance? I'm not.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                            • Aug 2013

Brandon has been pretty much just as bad as every other talent evaluator we've had since the early 90s. One of those people was Marv Levy if you don't remember (I'd argue he was worse).

Jesus Christ chill out people I don't love it but it isn't the end of the world you babies.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
                              Brandon has been pretty much just as bad as every other talent evaluator we've had since the early 90s. One of those people was Marv Levy if you don't remember (I'd argue he was worse).

Jesus Christ chill out people I don't love it but it isn't the end of the world you babies.
                              Status quo is the end of the world because facts are facts and we all know what has happened on the field. Brandon is the embodiment of status quo.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
                                Administrator
                                • Jul 2002

Ok.

So, we don't know. He may have been responsible for a lot of it, he may have been responsible for very little of it. But as a fan, are you willing to take that chance? I'm not.
                                Yes, because the stuff we do know he was responsible for he was very successful with.

Hell look at what many consider to be his biggest issue, the sale of one Bills game a year to Toronto. Fans emotionally point to the fact that the games did crap in attendance and the environment sucked. I look at from the angle that the Bills made a **** ton of money and basically disproved the theory that there was a ready and willing fan base in Toronto for this team.

My only legitimate gripe with Brandon is that I think his coaching hires have been poor. In those situations he needed to defer the responsibility out because he's too marketing/business focused. Marrone was hired because he's a local guy who had good success and brought a feel good local angle. Rex was hired because he was the biggest name out there. Neither are legitimate reasons to hire either coach imo. That is an issue.
                                COMING SOON...
                                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X