• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swiper
    • Sep 2010

Re: 7/29: Marcia outraged: 'I did nothing wrong'

Originally posted by better days View Post
    Which am I you IDIOT, a HOMER or a TROLL?

Unlike you, some of the Trolls on this board are intelligent.
    You wouldn't know intelligence if it punched you in the face.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
      • Aug 2013

Shiva/Spartacus is just trolling everyone it's pretty transparent.

So far he has compared this to the war in Iraq and the Spanish Inquisition. He has claimed that the NFL used to embody what was great about America, but now it's all ruined. He has used 9/11 in his comparisons as well.

If you guys can't tell you are being baited and trolled hard I don't know what to tell you.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
        in a world without contracts, you are right. but when you sign the contract to follow the rules, a grievance is issued, and investigation is underway to clear your name (if you are innocent) and put the matter to rest, it within their right to ask.

And you don't have to give it over.. you also don't have to destroy it.

if there was an investigation on me at work, and i was innocent, and they said, can you provide us the information which we think is the opposite side of these messages, i think i would comply. i wouldn't decide to take some random stand. i'm innocent and i got nothing to hide. so, here's my info.
        It's certainly within their right to ask, but that's not the question. The question is do they have the legal authority to do so?

My question isn't about Brady's guilt or innocence, because frankly I don't care. The nothing to hide argument is a fallacy.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by MikeInRoch View Post
        Of *course* the NFL has the "legal right" to ask him what is on his phone. It's never illegal to ask someone to do something. What they don't have is the ability to inflict legal punishments if he doesn't.
        Fair point.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
          well i figured you would say something like this

no offense but this is why i dont talk about things with you. i suppose this makes sense to you, but it is just nonsense to me. its a simple comparison, a scenario as you put it, to be used for comparative purposes. scenarios get invented all the time to compare things like this, to provide a similar example on a more personal level. but you turned it into something else that i dont even know what you are talking about

so its just a waste of time to try to have an exchange about it. i wanted to try again just to see if we had made any progress on an ability to communicate over the past ten years, but the answer is again no
          Uh-huh...do you think anybody puts anye stock into what you think of communication ability given your history on Bills board in the past?
          COMING SOON...

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Marsha will serve his suspension after the bills sweep them and knock them out of the playoffs right after the 11 week of regular season
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

it's not a fallacy, draftboy. we are supposed to believe that tom brady is a legal scholar and didn't want to create a precendent. That's the obvious truth to an average person? Someone has accused him of somethingn against the rules and he's not only refused, but destroyed the phone. that's the act of a sane person? Ok. Maybe for something more significant that would be true, but for a deflated ball, he went that far? the obvious truth is that he's done a lot more and the phone would point that out.

this whole story is a result of tom brady's ego. if he could have accepted that he did what he did prior to the investigation, its a smack on the hand. it's a fine, it gets chalked up by most people as something everyone does, but he got caught. like the stickum on jerry rice's gloves. It happened, but it's not a big deal. His image maintained, story goes away. The offseason becomes stories like rex and the bills, chip kelly gutting his team, winston trying to stay on the straight and narrow, and the old, "hey the patriots won the superbowl, season is starting soon" articles. it's entirely forgotten and those of us who bring it up are in the fringe and ridiculous.

but he wanted to viewed as a choir boy despite the fact he is anything but. He left his baby mamma during her pregnancy. He whine anytime things don't go his way in games. He complains to the refs without any issues and then gets the calls he wants. but his ego demands that this fake facade where he is awww shucks and super great. he tries to portray that to be true in his interviews. n

But instead of doing the easy thing, there are a few million dollars in investigation money and then more money on an appeal, and a legal battle, guess what. His image is worse than it ever has been. all the other BS that was swept under the rug is starting to surface. and worse yet, the spygate stuff is starting to come back into focus. it's not conspiracy/angry opposing fans clamouring about it. it's national publications that are essentially astericking their past performance. every article notes spygate. people are looking at the stats and saying, "these are outrageous performance numbers of a bad coach in a previous life and QB who couldn't start on his college team."

They still have a chance to escape this with minimal damage. but this goes to court and more details are required, we might find out that deflation was the worst of their issues. and you'll have crushed the team and the fan base simply to try and pretend you aren't a jerk.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                Said the blind homer. What there are is intelligent people that you can't keep up with here. The only one that trolls is you.
                Typical, two of the biggest TROLLS on the board thank this post by the 3rd biggest TROLL on the board.

LMAO at ALL of you IDIOT TROLLS.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                  You wouldn't know intelligence if it punched you in the face.
                  LMAO at the IDIOT TROLL.

I know an IDIOT TROLL when I see him post.

And I have been punched in the face before, but not by anyone of real intelligence.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                    it's not a fallacy, draftboy. we are supposed to believe that tom brady is a legal scholar and didn't want to create a precendent.
                    Yes it is, and who said you're supposed to believe that?

That's the obvious truth to an average person? Someone has accused him of somethingn against the rules and he's not only refused, but destroyed the phone. that's the act of a sane person? Ok. Maybe for something more significant that would be true, but for a deflated ball, he went that far? the obvious truth is that he's done a lot more and the phone would point that out.
                    That's not the question we're talking about. I don't care about his innocence or guilt, the question is about the legal authority for the NFL to request that Brady turn over the phone. The idea that him having nothing or something to hide is irrelevant to the question I'm asking.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• DynaPaul
                      • Sep 2003

He had it coming. The whole organization got off light on SpyGate and the owners finally had enough of their shenanigans to put the hammer down on Goodell going soft on his buddy Bilbo Kraft. At this point it's for the survival of the league and Brady got to be the scapegoat. Personally I think Belichick should go with him. Just the guy's behavior alone shows that he's not innocent and why people like Spartacus are defending him is beyond me. No we don't hate the Patriots because of their success because if that were true we'd hate every dynasty out there. We hate them because their success has been the result of deception with no one doing anything to bring them back within the rules. If Buffalo did it I would not be happy about it either.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                        Yes it is, and who said you're supposed to believe that?

That's not the question we're talking about. I don't care about his innocence or guilt, the question is about the legal authority for the NFL to request that Brady turn over the phone. The idea that him having nothing or something to hide is irrelevant to the question I'm asking.
                        it was proven the balls were deflated. it is now in the employers hands to sort out what happened. "do you want to provide evidence to support your side. Would you provide the phone." It was denied at the outset.

it wasn't required, but if you aren't going to defend yourself and hide behind some legal precedent BS well after the fact, then he got what he deserved. suspension. the report said more likely than not, (meaning what is believable) is that he did it.

And in the appeal process he said he went on to destroy it. would you do that if you were innocent. even if that was your process. he said after the NFL said they wouldn't need the phone, he destroyed the phone. but why the hell would you do that? it's still up in the air. if you have a case, you keep your documents ready to go.

and sure, make them go to court if you are hell bent on on the legal process. but he doesn't have it for court now. we are supposed to believe him...just because.

i hope when the upheld the suspension they also said the huge circle of protection they have provided him from tuck rule to barely even being able to touch him is a thing of the past. if the NFL didn't protect him enough for him to have to suffer this "injustice", they should him know they aren't up for it when he gets back.

Let him know what the other 31 qbs who play face every season.

Comment

• sudzy
                          • Apr 2013

the question is about the legal authority for the NFL to request that Brady turn over the phone.
                          Of course they have the legal authority to request Brady to turn over his phone. They obviously don't have the legal authority to make him. I have every right to request to see you phone, just like you have every right to tell me to go to hell. I just think if I had done nothing wrong and my reputation was taking the beating that Tom's is, I would do everything I could to prove my innocents. Which means turning over the phone.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Sure, but that's the use of personal property for business purposes. That's not what occurred here.
                            If Brady is texting back and forth with the ball boys regarding the deflation of game balls for use on Sundays it absolutely is what occurred here. His phone, being used for business.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• casdhf
                              • Jul 2002

It's certainly within their right to ask, but that's not the question. The question is do they have the legal authority to do so?

My question isn't about Brady's guilt or innocence, because frankly I don't care. The nothing to hide argument is a fallacy.

- - - Updated - - -

Fair point.
                              Big words. Hiding behind the constitution here? Take a look at the CBA. I think the league has the ability to pretty much do whatever they want during an investigation. Playing in the league is a privilege, not a right.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Fair point.
                              Big words. Hiding behind the constitution here? Take a look at the CBA. I think the league has the ability to pretty much do whatever they want during an investigation. Playing in the league is a privilege, not a right.
                              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• YardRat
                                Well, lookie here...
                                • Dec 2004

Just a tidbit from the standard player contract...

15.INTEGRITY OF GAME. Player recognizes the detriment to the League and professional football that would result from impairment of public confidence in the honest and orderly conduct of NFL games or the integrity and good character of NFL players. Player therefore acknowledges his awareness that if he accepts a bribe or agrees to throw or fix an NFL game; fails to promptly report a bribe offer or an attempt to throw or fix an NFL game; bets on an NFL game; knowingly associates with gamblers or gambling activity; uses or provides other players with stimulants or other drugs for the purpose of attempting to enhance on-field performance; or is guilty of any other form of conduct reasonably judged by the League Commissioner to be detrimental to the League or professional football, the Commissioner will have the right, but only after giving Player the opportunity for a hearing at which he may be represented by counsel of his choice, to fine Player in a reasonable amount; to suspend Player for a period certain or indefinitely; and/or to terminate this contract.

YardRat Wall of Fame
                                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                                X