• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: Who is your starting QB

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
    Now you are being ridiculous. Logically speaking, 1 of them will better than the rest. That doesn't make him good, but there absolutely is a discernible difference between the 3 QBs.
    How do you figure?

What has Taylor, since he's your dog in this fight, done to distance himself from Matt Cassel or EJ Manuel during the games?

Taylor led the first team offense to a FG, so did Cassel. Taylor led the second team to TDs, well Manuel led the 3rd team to TDs in both games.

Out of the group the best passer so far has been EJ Manuel but he screws up other plays that drags him back to the pack, like fumbling 2 out of his first 3 plays the first week or fumbling down near the goal line last night.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
      How do you figure?

What has Taylor, since he's your dog in this fight, done to distance himself from Matt Cassel or EJ Manuel during the games?

Taylor led the first team offense to a FG, so did Cassel. Taylor led the second team to TDs, well Manuel led the 3rd team to TDs in both games.

Out of the group the best passer so far has been EJ Manuel but he screws up other plays that drags him back to the pack, like fumbling 2 out of his first 3 plays the first week or fumbling down near the goal line last night.
      The OL can be blamed for those fumbles more than EJ.

And Tyrod has a better yds per attempt than Cassel.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
        • Feb 2005

Tsk, tsk BD... Haven't you heard that we mustn't use stats?

Comment

• ublinkwescore
          Sab and TD are insignificant
          • Sep 2002

The fans clearly want Tyrod. The media likes the guy. I'm willing to bet the players are pulling for him as well. If any one other than Tyrod starts, I think Rex will lose the locker room.
          www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
            Tsk, tsk BD... Haven't you heard that we mustn't use stats?
            Well, EJ & Tyrod both passed the eyeball test over Cassel as well.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

I trepidatiously voted for Tyrod, just because I'm ready to roll the dice on somebody different. We all know what Cassel and EJ bring to the table, and it isn't enough. I don't want another caretaker with a low ceiling (Cassel) and if EJ could manage to play an entire game like he does the last two minutes I might feel differently, but so far he hasn't been able to do that.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by ublinkwescore View Post
                The fans clearly want Tyrod. The media likes the guy. I'm willing to bet the players are pulling for him as well. If any one other than Tyrod starts, I think Rex will lose the locker room.
                Fred Jackson's comment the other day about Taylor being, 'the most physically gifted quarterback in the league,' pretty much sums up how the players feel.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                  • Mar 2013

I think Taylor won the job in the first preseason game, but last night sealed the deal. Taylor was very impressive, again.

In the face of adversity, he played excellent against the Browns. They had the NFL's 8th best passing defense last year.

If Cassel started that game, the Bills defense would have been on the field a lot more than they were and the quarterback competition would be over.

I love Tyrod Taylor's throwing motion. It's as quick as his decision making. He has the ability to extend drives more than Cassel.

Taylor was a very good, accurate passer last night with 2nd team wide receivers and fresh off the street running backs to work with against Mike Pettine's starting defense.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                    • Dec 2003

Tyrod's NFL preseason and regular season resume is worse than RJ's when he got here and been in NFL for 4 seasons whereas RJ had only 3. Oh and RJ was a 4th Rounder and Tyrod was a 6th Rounder. I hope Tyrod proves better but am not buying into the magic hype machine.
                    Last edited by The Jokeman; 08-21-2015, 06:02 PM.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                      • Dec 2003

Lose the locker room huh? It doesn't sound like they're aligning to one guy yet from this article. http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bill...elated_stories

Comment

• Buffalogic
                        Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                        • Feb 2006

Cassel

Comment

• Mace
                          Haha...yeah you think so ?
                          • Mar 2013

Well, I wanted Manuel, would have settled for Cassel, voted for Taylor.

Why ? To me, and it's just my perception, Taylor looks the most dynamic at this point, the best maybe, best wildcard, and not reckless in being so. Cassel just seems the most average, least likely to make a mistake, least likely to do anything that thrills you.

I like and hope for Manuel, really I do, but he seems to me to be the least decisive, the most passive, tentative, like he just struggles to make himself go balls to the wall on most plays. Does ok when he does in spots, then goes tentative and passive again.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
                            Cassel
                            Cassel is the embodiment of the past 15 years combined.

Orton, Fitzpatrick, Edwards, Losman, Bledsoe, and Johnson.

Insanity.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                              Cassel is the embodiment of the past 15 years combined.

Orton, Fitzpatrick, Edwards, Losman, Bledsoe, and Johnson.

Insanity.
                              Tyrod's NFL resume to date is worse than all of the QBs you mentioned. So what makes you think he's the answer?

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                                Tyrod's NFL resume to date is worse than all of the QBs you mentioned. So what makes you think he's the answer?
                                What resume? Taylor doesn't have one.

What makes me think Taylor is the answer?

Did you watch the first two preseason games, The Jokeman?

Even Ray Charles can see the difference, and he's a blind dead guy.
                                Last edited by BillsImpossible; 08-21-2015, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X