• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: I have a serious concern about the D

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post
    Rex has been testing Darby all preseason to see how far along he is.
    He is not leaving him out there like that against the Colts.
    I'm hoping he's leaving him off the field. They are going to reshuffle the secondary. Mark my words.

Comment

• Jry44
      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
      I'm hoping he's leaving him off the field. They are going to reshuffle the secondary. Mark my words.
      And replace him with who?

Comment

• K-Gun
        Deal with it
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
        Part of the beauty of Schwartz's philosophy and scheme was it's simplicity, lining up the talent and letting them play.
        Definitely. Preston Brown was interviewed during camp and he mentioned that the main difference is that now he has to sit back and make a read as to which hole to plug. Whereas under Schwartz there was no thinking involved. They had their gap and just nailed it. That comment made me worry about our young LBS hesitating, and leading to a less effective run defense because of the added complexity.
        [W]e are busy that we may have leisure, and make war that we may live in peace...

[F]or no one chooses to be at war, or provokes war, for the sake of being at war; any one would seem absolutely murderous if he were to make enemies of his friends in order to bring about battle and slaughter...

- Aristotle

Comment

• K-Gun
          Deal with it
          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by K-Gun View Post
          Definitely. Preston Brown was interviewed during camp and he mentioned that the main difference is that now he has to sit back and make a read as to which hole to plug. Whereas under Schwartz there was no thinking involved. They had their gap and just nailed it. That comment made me worry about our young LBS hesitating, and leading to a less effective run defense because of the added complexity.
          Although it has been encouraging to see 4 DL on the field most snaps. the DL and depth on the DL is the strength of this team. It would be stupid to try and run 4 LBS and take our strength off the field.
          [W]e are busy that we may have leisure, and make war that we may live in peace...

[F]or no one chooses to be at war, or provokes war, for the sake of being at war; any one would seem absolutely murderous if he were to make enemies of his friends in order to bring about battle and slaughter...

- Aristotle

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
            I think we're showing VERY little of our defense in the preseason. I'm not worried at all.
            This. We're just not planning at all to stop the other teams, hiding most of what's to come. The Colts are going to get smothered, then it's off to molest Brady.

Comment

• baalworship
              • May 2003

The Colts should make anyone worried as they have Luck and a plethora of talented receivers. I do think our Dline will get to Luck.

Comment

• Jry44
                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by baalworship View Post
                The Colts should make anyone worried as they have Luck and a plethora of talented receivers. I do think our Dline will get to Luck.
                The Colts have a horrendous offensive line. They will get to Andrew Luck.

Comment

• don137
                  • Jul 2002

I think Ryan is letting Darby learn from his mistakes by throwing him to the wolves in preseason. In addition, I think he is baiting offensive coordinators to throw Darby's way. Darby will have safety help once regular season comes and you will see a few picks from Darby and/or a safety when QBs throw his way. With that said I do wish I saw better results out of Darby.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Bills head coach Rex Ryan wasn’t overly concerned about his team’s pass defense against Pittsburgh Saturday. While he wasn’t thrilled that they gave up big plays he said going into the game he purposely challenged them on the back end with play calls and a lack of blitzing.

Does this mean that we won't get to the qb if we don't blitz?

I really hope I won't miss Schwartz who had this team THE BEST 3rd down D in the league in 1 season.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Victor7
                      • Jul 2013

Our secondary is for sure something to worry about. They don't look all that great and have you guys taken a peek at our depth ?? We are an injury or two away from playing an absolute disaster as a starter.

Comment

Working...
                      X