Tim Jennings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ParanoidAndroid
    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
    • Apr 2004

Re: Tim Jennings

I agree. We need an upgrade at the position and Jennings is much more reliable at this point than Darby. This team is in win-now mode and it's ridiculous to suggest we worry about Darby's development over winning games.

Comment

• MillsapsBillsFan
      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
      What's Drayton Florence doing these days?
      Making his NFL Comeback.

Retired cornerback Drayton Florence is reportedly making a comeback to the gridiron less than two weeks before the 2015 NFL season kicks off. Continue for updates...

Comment

• djjimkelly
        • Apr 2003

does not fit our scheme and if he isnt good enough for the bears he isnt good enough for us

Comment

• starrymessenger
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by djjimkelly View Post
          does not fit our scheme and if he isnt good enough for the bears he isnt good enough for us
          You've got a point there. He coming off a very bad year after two pro bowl years. He's a zone scheme corner not man. Still unless he's really just fallen off a cliff I have to believe he'd be more reliable than Darby is at the moment. I have nightmare visions of a great white shark with a funny Amish beard zeroing in on a piece of chum dressed in a Bills uni and wearing #28.

Comment

• Ingtar33
            Dances With Buffaloes
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
            I think there a few factors people aren't really considering when it comes to this idea:
            2. When you move Jennings you basically take Darby from the #2 spot to the #4 spot, because he's not going to get reps over Robey who is a very good nickel CB. Are we sure we're ok with that?
            3. Speaking on Darby, after McKelvin comes back you would assume Jennings would move into the Dime role that Darby would be occupying which then means that Darby becomes our #5 CB and gets even fewer reps? Not great in terms of development for our top draft pick.
            4. How much is Jennings going to ask for? His last deal was 4 years and 22 million, I highly doubt he's going to want to come here and sign a 1 year deal which means committing some longer term money.

I'd pass on Jennings personally.
            considering how rancid Darby was in 2 out of 3 preseason games I'd be willing to bench him for a whole season if that's what it took. the Man on the field this weekend was the single worst bills performer on both sides of the ball. kid's got to step it up to EARN that time of the field; right now i don't want to see him on the field in a regular season game.
            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

I think there a few factors people aren't really considering when it comes to this idea:
              1. If you sign Jennings what is his role for the entire season? McKelvin is likely going on PUP which puts him out for 6 weeks, when he's back he moves into the starting line up so where does Jennings go?
              2. When you move Jennings you basically take Darby from the #2 spot to the #4 spot, because he's not going to get reps over Robey who is a very good nickel CB. Are we sure we're ok with that?
              3. Speaking on Darby, after McKelvin comes back you would assume Jennings would move into the Dime role that Darby would be occupying which then means that Darby becomes our #5 CB and gets even fewer reps? Not great in terms of development for our top draft pick.
              4. How much is Jennings going to ask for? His last deal was 4 years and 22 million, I highly doubt he's going to want to come here and sign a 1 year deal which means committing some longer term money.

I'd pass on Jennings personally.
              All that stuff you said is great but what do we do until McKelvin comes back? Darby looks like **** out there right now... Worry about today and we'll deal with tomorrow when it comes.

Comment

• thenry20
                • Jan 2004

Forget what everybody thinks of Jennings, we do need more CB depth. Gilmore and McKelvin are out for now so we are hurting here. Of course, you can put Graham back there but then we have a hole at safety. I'm sorry but Duke Williams fails to inspire.

Comment

• Meathead
                  Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by starrymessenger View Post
                  I have nightmare visions of a great white shark with a funny Amish beard zeroing in on a piece of chum dressed in a Bills uni and wearing #28.
                  yes but they would never ask darby to cover gronk
                  One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
                    considering how rancid Darby was in 2 out of 3 preseason games I'd be willing to bench him for a whole season if that's what it took. the Man on the field this weekend was the single worst bills performer on both sides of the ball. kid's got to step it up to EARN that time of the field; right now i don't want to see him on the field in a regular season game.
                    He needs the reps in order to improve sticking him on the bench and with the scout team for a year probably won't do much. He needs time in the scheme and under live fire. I'm not anticipating anything special from the Bills this year so I have no issue letting Darby learn on the job and getting better (hopefully) with an eye on next year to make a move.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
                    All that stuff you said is great but what do we do until McKelvin comes back? Darby looks like **** out there right now... Worry about today and we'll deal with tomorrow when it comes.
                    I'm more worried about the future than today quite honestly.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                      • Apr 2004

He needs the reps in order to improve sticking him on the bench and with the scout team for a year probably won't do much. He needs time in the scheme and under live fire. I'm not anticipating anything special from the Bills this year so I have no issue letting Darby learn on the job and getting better (hopefully) with an eye on next year to make a move.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm more worried about the future than today quite honestly.
                      No NFL coach would ever work things that way unless he had a bottom five team and was sure to miss the playoffs. This team is not looking in that direction at all. It makes no sense. If he makes us even half as vulnerable as he did against the Steelers, he'll cost us games. No. If Jennings can help us win, it's a no-brainer. I think you're reaching deep into the scouting/development mindset you have on this one.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                        No NFL coach would ever work things that way unless he had a bottom five team and was sure to miss the playoffs. This team is not looking in that direction at all. It makes no sense. If he makes us even half as vulnerable as he did against the Steelers, he'll cost us games. No. If Jennings can help us win, it's a no-brainer. I think you're reaching deep into the scouting/development mindset you have on this one.
                        I don't know how you can be so convinced we aren't a potential bottom five team. This team is almost all potential and depending on how the QB works out and if the defense can maintain its dominance despite a scheme switch we could be good, but that's a lot of big ifs right now based on what little we've seen. I'm not trying to be a doom and gloom guy and I'm not guaranteeing we suck but I can certainly it being a possibility.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• starrymessenger
                          • Oct 2009

I don't know how you can be so convinced we aren't a potential bottom five team. This team is almost all potential and depending on how the QB works out and if the defense can maintain its dominance despite a scheme switch we could be good, but that's a lot of big ifs right now based on what little we've seen. I'm not trying to be a doom and gloom guy and I'm not guaranteeing we suck but I can certainly it being a possibility.
                          IMO you don't plan/scheme with that possibility in mind (though it is indeed possible of course). Bills are in win now mode, as they should be given the talent on their roster and the improvement that has been made to the coaching staff.
                          I think we are legit to beat the Colts outright, let alone the line. But Luck vs Darby is about as unequal a matchup that you could imagine.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by starrymessenger View Post
                            IMO you don't plan/scheme with that possibility in mind (though it is indeed possible of course). Bills are in win now mode, as they should be given the talent on their roster and the improvement that has been made to the coaching staff.
                            I think we are legit to beat the Colts outright, let alone the line. But Luck vs Darby is about as unequal a matchup that you could imagine.
                            That's great PR and marketing but I don't think this team has the QB, and OL issues figured out enough to be considered win now.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                              • Apr 2004

Defenses with the talent Buffalo has are not going to suddenly tank because of a scheme change. I think there are far more "ifs" involved in this team becoming bottom five than staying on the playoff bubble. Even if there was a chance, why would you take a playoff hopeful and make them vulnerable to losing games in the name of developing one second round draft pick? It still doesn't make sense any way you want to spin it.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                                Administrator
                                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                                Defenses with the talent Buffalo has are not going to suddenly tank because of a scheme change. I think there are far more "ifs" involved in this team becoming bottom five than staying on the playoff bubble. Even if there was a chance, why would you take a playoff hopeful and make them vulnerable to losing games in the name of developing one second round draft pick? It still doesn't make sense any way you want to spin it.
                                I didn't say they would tank but even with a great D last year we were only a .500 ball club even a slight negative in transition could make this club a 4-6 win team assuming the other items happen. I don't consider this team a playoff hopeful so that's not even a factor in my decision making.
                                COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                                X