How do you feel about the Bills making the playoffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloRedleg
    • Aug 2013

How do you feel about the Bills making the playoffs?

How much do you agree/disagree with this statement:

The Bills will make the playoffs this year.

I'm curious where everyone stands right now.

I am still a fence sitter "neither agree nor disagree," I need more information to decide. I most likely won't get it for a few weeks unfortunately because the Pats are just in another world right now.
    Strongly Agree
    0%
    Agree
    0%
    Neither Agree nor Disagree
    0%
    Disagree
    0%
    Strongly Disagree
    0%
  • WagonCircler
    Escaped Convict
    • Jul 2002

Re: How do you feel about the Bills making the playoffs?

If they do, it will be because the rest of the AFC is pretty much horrendous.

Comment

• ICRockets
      Legendary Zoner
      • Jul 2008

Too early to tell. Our gauntlet just started. 5 away games in 6 weeks. We're losing the next one for sure. After that it's the Chiefs, Eagles, and Redskins with a home game against the Texans sandwiched in. I think we're a better team than all 4 of them, so I believe we should win at least 3 of the 4. We do that, and I think we have a legit shot at making the playoffs.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

I don't think they will make it.

We still have to play the Pats which is as close to a guaranteed L as it gets. Still too many road games, and the team has t performed well at home so we can't count those as givens either.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
          • Sep 2012

I think they make it. The AFC is a hot mess, and we have a very strong record so far in terms of tiebreaks. Last year, we padded our record with games against the NFC North, so when it got to the end of the year we lost on nearly all the cards. Games which previously looked difficult (Houston, Dallas, Philly) look a lot more winnable.

If we stay healthy.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• The Natrix
            • Jul 2002

If I had to pick either yes or no on an even money wager, I'd say no.

I'm going to say they are 31.728888888888% likely to make the playoffs.

Byrd.

Comment

• sudzy
              • Apr 2013

I can see someone making it in the AFC at 9-7, this year. So right about now I'm think the Bills are 50-50.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

50/50

I don't think they're beating either New England nor Dallas. So that leaves 5 other games where they have to win at least 4 of them. They're lucking out that the AFC is weak after New England, Cincy and Denver. So 9-7 might be good enough to get in as long as another team doesn't go on a run.

Comment

• The Natrix
                  • Jul 2002

I think saying 50/50 is a bit of a homer prediction, not that there's anything wrong with that.

I think there are two main things that people are overlooking.

1. Yes, at the moment it looks like a 4 team race for 2 spots, but that can all change very quick. There isn't a single team that is mathematically out of it. Even the Browns or Chargers could finish 9-7. The Chiefs are 3-5. If they win and Buffalo loses to NE,(very high chance) the Bills trip to Kansas City becomes huge. That game alone would almost be a coin flip on whether the Bills stay a float or have their hopes diminished significantly.

2. The Bills depth is below average. Tyrod has struggled without a full cast of weapons and Tyrod himself HAS GOT TO stay healthy the rest of the way. The rest of the way, as in EVERY SINGLE GAME. Put J. Johnson in there and Buffalo is probably an underdog in any remaining game on the schedule. With the way Roman is giving Taylor designed freaking run plays, Tyrod staying healthy is not super likely. I have more optimism when it comes to J. Johnson over EJ, but not by much.

...EJ.. friggin EJ. If they beat Jacksonville, I'd give them a 50/50 shot at this point.
                  Last edited by The Natrix; 11-14-2015, 10:24 AM.

Byrd.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

I don't see it happening. Too many road games, there will be more injuries, other teams will get hot, etc. The offense still isn't good enough to be able to trust them to put points on the board even when turnovers are heavily in our favor, even when they are healthy.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Scumbag College
                      • Oct 2002

I think that the Bills make it. If you look at the other teams they are vying for the wildcard with, the Raiders are the most talented right now. They have some tough games coming up and I think that the best that they do is 9-7. Pittsburgh has a really tough schedule and I'm not sure that Big Ben isn't seriously hurt to the point where he becomes a liability to the team if he comes back too soon, I can see them finishing at 8-8 or 9-7. The Jets have the easiest schedule out of the bunch but they look like they are fading pretty quickly, so I can see them going 8-8. I think that if the Bills go 10-6, their losses will be against NE and Philly. The Bills would have beat KC pretty handily last year if it wasn't for ridiculous fumbles by Brown and McFumbles, and the Bills are a better team this year and KC took a step back. Houston and the Redskins stink, and I think Dallas shelves Romo for the rest of the year since they are going to be way out of the playoffs by the time he's healthy to return, making that game much easier to win. I'm hoping by the time the Jets come in for the season finale, the Bills are 9-6 and have the 5th spot clinched with all of the tiebreakers and potentially only 4 AFC losses and the division record of 3-2 to have all of the tiebreakers in hand over the Raiders, Steelers, and Jets.
                      Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• psubills62
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2008

Need the offensive triumvirate (Taylor, McCoy, Watkins) to stay healthy to have a good chance. This is why I wanted to see another win or two before the bye - lot of road games coming up.
                        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                          • Jul 2002

Piece of cake. I'll be shocked if they don't make the playoffs. There are a lot of winnable games as long as Taylor, McCoy & Watkins play.

No chance if EJ starts again, same with Josh Johnson.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by psubills62 View Post
                            Need the offensive triumvirate (Taylor, McCoy, Watkins) to stay healthy to have a good chance. This is why I wanted to see another win or two before the bye - lot of road games coming up.
                            Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
                            Piece of cake. I'll be shocked if they don't make the playoffs. There are a lot of winnable games as long as Taylor, McCoy & Watkins play.

No chance if EJ starts again, same with Josh Johnson.
                            They better get their **** together then, because putting up 16 points while winning the turnover battle 4-0 even with them healthy doesn't exactly inspire a ton of confidence.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                              They better get their **** together then, because putting up 16 points while winning the turnover battle 4-0 even with them healthy doesn't exactly inspire a ton of confidence.
                              I think weather and game flow played a significant factor in those numbers.

Comment

Working...
                              X