Will Cardale Jones Outperform EJ Manual In Training Camp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Will Cardale Jones Outperform EJ Manual In Training Camp?

my take is that we have a roster than could with 9-11 games. you put in the rex will bungle 2 games we are looking at 7-9 wins realistically. and to me that all depends on TT being the QB the whole time. if he has a sophomore slump or goes out with injury, our back ups are essentially conceding the season. and that might be enough to be done with rex.

I would say that I think cardale is drafted where Ej should have been drafted. and he's not going to see the field. that lack of pressure and ability to hone his game without the spotlight, may be the thing that helps him develop. I'm not against having someone who needs to develop and to know that he can't step on the field for a single game his rookie season when he needs a lot of work is a good thing. it also costs us nothing. I have no issues with having cardale on the roster at this point.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

I think some people don't understand how bad/unready/undeveloped Cardale is.

Pick whatever word you want in those slashes.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
        Making Spirits Bright
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
        I think some people don't understand how bad/unready/undeveloped Cardale is.

Pick whatever word you want in those slashes.
        Can I choose great, intelligent, and NFL-ready?

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Wait for poll
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• The Jokeman
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
            No. Jones will be the game day inactive. He isn't closer to being ready to play
            Agreed.

Comment

• Turf
              • Jul 2002

I think he's going to surprise some people and be better than expected.
              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Turf View Post
                Outside of injuries to TT and EJ I doubt Jones plays a down during the regular season. The most he should play is the 4th preseason game.

Comment

• Swiper
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2010

Will Cardale Jones Outperform EJ Manual In Training Camp?
                  Uh, no troll.

They both are beyond awful.

- - - Updated - - -

There you go thinking again!

Comment

• Mace
                    Haha...yeah you think so ?
                    • Mar 2013

Well, I'm going against the grain, I like Cardale. None of the QB's in this draft were worth a crap, may as well take the guy with most upside in the most relatively usable spot. If any other QB past the top 2 becomes anything much (and I doubt they will either but I consider them happily out of range), everyone is free to spear me with it. I'm not feeling shy in saying you won't and I'll snicker at you.

Still doesn't mean Jones is the savior, I didn't say that, remember that part of it. I said he was the guy with the most upside in the right range of picks.

All that said, I want him not having to do anything this year but hold a clipboard and learn. If Taylor goes down, and I think he will, Manuel can go on in and be Manuel, because I don't see any way it's going to ruin a learning season. Not a QB available this year, in any sense, makes the Bills a contender or drives a deep playoff run, imho, and everyone grasping for the nonexistent savior who leads us to glory looks silly.

We took a guy I don't like who I don't think is any goooooood ! Take your pick of them, none are. You'll like your same guy plenty when he gets cut, or goes to practice squad for someone, to Canada, or bounces around roster to roster trying to be a backup or a better maybe.

The savior wasn't there, and isn't there. People wanted a QB, we got one. Time to move along and let it play out like it always does.
                    Last edited by Mace; 05-09-2016, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• Turf
                      • Jul 2002

10 years or more ago, QB's like Favre and Young never saw a start before several years learning. This new show me now attitude is crippling the development of QB's. Even Kelly needed several years to become what he was. I'm not saying Jones is all that, but he has the physical tools. Bringing him along slowly is a smart thing.
                      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• feldspar
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                        Well, I'm going against the grain, I like Cardale. None of the QB's in this draft were worth a crap

I think that it's a good point to remember that none of the QBs in the 2013 draft class were basically worth anything.

The Bills set out to draft the best QB in that draft, and you really can't say that they didn't accomplish that very thing. EJ Manuel might very well be the best QB in that draft. Who is better at this point? That's a toughie, I'd say. But if EJ is the best QB in that draft, that's nothing to brag about or write home about.

This is just what happens a lot when you draft for need, especially at the QB position. Teams take their shots on who is available, and they overpay all the time because of the importance of QB. Teams try to force the issue every year.

The people crying incompetence about the EJ pick are often the same people crying about how we need to draft a QB. Some drafts are just a lose-lose situation in that category. Nobody wants to wait until next year.
                        Last edited by feldspar; 05-10-2016, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• gebobs
                          One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
                          No. Jones will be the game day inactive. He isn't closer to being ready to play
                          Neither is Manuel.
                          Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                            • Sep 2004

Bringing him along slowly is a smart thing.
                            Agreed. Bring him along slowly. Then cut him.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                              • Sep 2012

People just seem shocked as hell that the 139th pick in the draft isn't ready to come in to play immediately.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                                • Aug 2004

I know a lot of people who are Ohio State fans. None of them think much of Jones as QB. However, when I talk to a buddy who works for a local agency, he has a different perspective. Basically most, if not all current college QBs are on skill sets not directly translate-able to NFL QBs. So it is a projection. Jones is not really a QB running Meyer type of offense. Hence his early status in OSU and the up and downs since then. There are quite a lot of people agree that he might be better suited to play under the center like in NFL but never afforded a chance to in college. It could be a long road to develop and most NFL coaches and front office don't have that kind of time like they used to have to develop him. Aaron Rogers was that close to hit FA with Favre in front of him and he righted himself in basically one and half years sitting on the bench (a HOF developing pace). What if Jones takes 3 years? Then he's on the crusp of FA and the drafting team must base very limited sample size to decide whether to put down big investment.

Bottom line, in his opinion, teams don't have the QBs (like Jones) best interest in mind. they would rather throw the players out early to sink or swim. If they survive, throw money at them. If they sink, draft the next one.

Comment

Working...
                                X