X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cleve
    • Oct 2004

Re: Whaley started the internet on fire today

Well, on a similar note, I personally don't think that Doug Whaley was ever meant to be a football GM. So there's that.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
    per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• Buckets
      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      Rams moving, Brady suspension, Johnny Football, the concussion stuff, two big pre draft trades... This offseason has been more exciting than most.

And you're right about all those things humans weren't meant to do. What makes Whaley a scumbag is that he makes so much money off it while admitting humans weren't meant to do it. He's ok with people ****ing up their lives for our entertainment as long as he's making a buck off of it.
      And what does that make us? We support the sport that maims, and sometimes kills human beings. What responsibility do we shoulder? Aren't we like the people who support dog or **** fighting? If we did not continue to shell out the big bucks to support the NFL how long do you think it would last. Just saying, don't get all philosophical on us.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
        Yes he is.

Name one single GM who hasn't had a rookie get injured.

Plenty of good GMs have had teams that have under performed. Ryan is to blame for what he did with the groceries.

Tyrod Taylor alone makes the argument. And that doesn't even look at the draft success (when FULLY under his management), resigning our own, and various other roster moves where we got incredible value.
        Yeah we got everything except the one thing that matters: wins.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

Yeah we got everything except the one thing that matters: a head coach that can coach us to wins.
          Fixed it

Comment

• WagonCircler
            Escaped Convict
            • Jul 2002

Yeah we got everything except the one thing that matters: wins.
            Actually, the only thing that matters in Bills World is successfully brainwashing fans into believing the illusion of progress so they hand over their cash like sheep.

X-Era is a perfect example. Giddy as a schoolgirl over a team that hasn't been to the playoffs in 1.5 decades.

Great job, Whaley! Great job Russ! Mission accomplished!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
              Quote Originally Posted by Doug Whaley
              Clearly I used a poor choice of words in my comment yesterday morning,” Whaley said in the statement. “As a former player who has the utmost respect and love for the game, the point that I was trying to make is that football is a physical game and injuries are a part of it. Playing football no doubt is very physically, mentally, and emotionally challenging, and that is all part of what make the game so compelling to play and watch. The game has more protection for players now than ever, thanks largely to the safety advancements and numerous rule changes made by our league and promoted to all levels of football. I believe our game continues to have a bright future and I hope that this statement provides clarity as to the intent of my earlier comment..
              Sounds like someone realized he may be looking for a new job real soon and that he shouldn't be pissing off 31 other owners.

Comment

• Arm of Harm
                • Dec 2015

Frankly I don't care how much Whaley stumbles, mumbles, and misspeaks. He's doing a great job at free agency, drafting, and all the other things under his charge. That's all that really matters as far as I'm concerned.

The most important position in football is QB. Quite frankly, I don't trust Whaley to evaluate talent at the QB position. We tend to overlook how badly he's done there, because Rex Ryan bailed him out by encouraging the Bills to go after Tyrod Taylor. Had it not been for Ryan's influence, the Bills' starting QB for 2015 would have been determined by the competition between E.J. Manuel and Matt Cassel. Absolutely nothing about Whaley's methodology or track record remotely suggests he's qualified to evaluate QB talent.

This isn't to suggest that QB is the only position he's bungled. You look at overpaying for mediocre free agents, over-drafting guys like Kujo, etc., and you can see non-QB-related room for improvement. But he's also had some successes in non-QB areas. At non-QB areas Whaley is hit or miss; at the QB position he's strictly miss.

Look at the franchise QBs that the teams in the AFC East have had:
                Dolphins: 2 (Griese, Marino)
                Patriots: 1.5 (Tom Brady, and the first half of Bledsoe's career).
                Bills: 1 (Kelly)
                Jets: 1 (Namath)

Collectively, those 5.5 franchise QBs account for all the AFC East's Super Bowl wins, and all but one of its Super Bowl appearances. A team whose GM can't choose good QB talent is very unlikely to win the Super Bowl.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Not sure Namath should be on that list.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Arm of Harm View Post
                    The most important position in football is QB. Quite frankly, I don't trust Whaley to evaluate talent at the QB position. We tend to overlook how badly he's done there, because Rex Ryan bailed him out by encouraging the Bills to go after Tyrod Taylor. Had it not been for Ryan's influence, the Bills' starting QB for 2015 would have been determined by the competition between E.J. Manuel and Matt Cassel. Absolutely nothing about Whaley's methodology or track record remotely suggests he's qualified to evaluate QB talent.

This isn't to suggest that QB is the only position he's bungled. You look at overpaying for mediocre free agents, over-drafting guys like Kujo, etc., and you can see non-QB-related room for improvement. But he's also had some successes in non-QB areas. At non-QB areas Whaley is hit or miss; at the QB position he's strictly miss.

Look at the franchise QBs that the teams in the AFC East have had:
                    Dolphins: 2 (Griese, Marino)
                    Patriots: 1.5 (Tom Brady, and the first half of Bledsoe's career).
                    Bills: 1 (Kelly)
                    Jets: 1 (Namath)

Collectively, those 5.5 franchise QBs account for all the AFC East's Super Bowl wins, and all but one of its Super Bowl appearances. A team whose GM can't choose good QB talent is very unlikely to win the Super Bowl.
                    I'm assuming you're only looking back as far as the Super Bowl's existence, but the dearth of franchise QB's in one division over a 50 year period should be an example of how difficult it is to get a 'franchise' guy (and it's not limited to the AFC East, the West has two teams --KC and Denver--that have never drafted a franchise QB). Personally, I think the list is even smaller, Griese isn't anywhere near a 'franchise' guy, IMO.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                      • Mar 2013

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."

George Orwell

Doug Whaley basically lied about Shaq Lawson needing surgery, and the national media could care less.

Doug Whaley was honest about an orange being orange, and the national media goes nuts.

I think this all boils down to one thing: A very slow and boring news cycle in the NFL.

People that cover the NFL for a living are desperate to sink their teeth in to anything.

People are sick of Bradygate. The media has already milked that cow dry so it's on to a new cow.

Just another day in the NFL barnyard full of media hype and bull ****.

Moo.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Fixed it
                        I guess in your world, the GM has no say over the coach....
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• feldspar
                          • Mar 2007

If I'm being ridiculous, why does he feel the need to apologia and clarify his statement?
                          Because people like you are being ridiculous...that's why he needs to clarify his point. I saw him clarify his point, which was an obvious point in the first place. I didn't see him apologize anywhere, nor see the need for him to. Where the **** did he "apologize?"

I'll ask you again...DID YOU EVEN LISTEN TO THE INTERVIEW WHERE HE SAID THIS? I did. Did you?
                          Last edited by feldspar; 05-25-2016, 09:04 PM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                            Because people like you are being ridiculous...that's why he needs to clarify his point. I didn't see him apologize anywhere, nor see the need for him to. Where the **** did he "apologize?"

I'll ask you again...DID YOU EVEN LISTEN TO THE INTERVIEW WHERE HE SAID THIS? I did. Did you?
                            Yup.

He still said people shouldn't participate in the activity that makes him millions.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• feldspar
                              • Mar 2007

Yup.

He still said people shouldn't participate in the activity that makes him millions.
                              Ha, ha.

Now that's just laughable. Completely ignorant take. Congratulations. You've just bested yourself.

Are you just willfully ignorant, or what?

Comment

• OpIv37
                                Acid Douching Asswipe
                                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                                Ha, ha.

Now that's just laughable. Completely ignorant take. Congratulations. You've just bested yourself.

Are you just willfully ignorant, or what?
                                I went by exactly what he said. You are going by some nonsense "benefit of the doubt" interpretation. But somehow I'm the ignorant one? Please.
                                MiKiDo Facebook
                                MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                                X