• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WagonCircler
    Escaped Convict
    • Jul 2002

Rick Nash rumor

This was posted by SabresTalk365 tonight:

2 days ago, I posted a rumor about New York Rangers potentially talking to The Buffalo Sabres about a trade involving LW Rick Nash. Well...guess what, it could actually happen. According to Harrki oy Kaartokatu of The Finland Times reported that Rick Nash is in Buffalo this week to visit some players on the current Sabres roster in which can lead a trade in the coming weeks.

Obviously there were rumors about him being traded on Monday night to Buffalo but that never happened, so now the Sabres are continuing to talk with the Rangers and they still have interest in C Zemgus Girgensons and LW Evander Kane. One of Buffalo's prospects could be heading out in which all eyes are on Nick Baptiste who's currently in Sabres development camp right now, but GMTM is pretty sure of trading a prospect.

Keep an eye out, things can happen and keep in mind that Buffalo was one of the teams he put on his 15 team list in order to waive his no-trade clause (NTC). The return may not big for the Rangers but Nash could be a short term gem.
    Thoughts?

Don't know if there's any credibility to it, but I like the deal. Zemgus doesn't want to be here and Kane is one bender from being untrade-able.
  • coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Re: Rick Nash rumor

Make it so...

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Zemgus and Kane is too steep for Nash. One or the other and a prospect seems fair.

Kane in NYC seems like a disaster waiting to happen
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I'd hang on to Kane and hope he grows the hell up.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• coastal
          Legendary Zoner
          • Mar 2005

Nash - ROR - Okposo

all day long.

Comment

• WagonCircler
            Escaped Convict
            • Jul 2002

Also this:

The Hockey Press® ‏@TheHockeyPress 6h6 hours ago
            #NHL RUMORS:
            • Per @scanadusa Rick Nash is visiting Buffalo to meet w/players. A trade is likely to follow. #Sabres

Comment

• coastal
              Legendary Zoner
              • Mar 2005

Also saw something from Harrington about them still pursuing Fowler.

If so... Murray is making a play to contend now.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                • Feb 2009

Losing Baptiste isnt a big deal... He just doesnt have the talent to be a top 6 forward.. Trading for a winger and trading Girgs I hope somehow puts Reinhart back at center full time his skill set isn't being used properly playing wing

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
                  Losing Baptiste isnt a big deal... He just doesnt have the talent to be a top 6 forward.. Trading for a winger and trading Girgs I hope somehow puts Reinhart back at center full time his skill set isn't being used properly playing wing
                  Eichel and ROR are clearly our top two C's. Z has been a third liner. I would LOVE to have enough talent for Reinhart to be a 3rd liner but we aren't even close to that talent level.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                    • Aug 2012

I'd pass on nash unless the parts leaving are minimal. He's aging, he disappears when it matters, and he's in decline. Unless the parts going the other way are not core pieces or future major pieces, I don't touch him. And it's unlikely the rags will give him away. Pass on it.
                    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

Kane is an expensive train wreck waiting to happen, we need to get rid of this guy and Zem doesn't like Buffalo. Those 2 going are fine with me, do it.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

The original tweet is from a guy that's often full of crap - but has also nailed a few things. I think the second tweet was based off the first

When did it come out that Girgensons wants out of here? There was a report of him going to the KHL that was shot down
                        Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                          • Jan 2003

Girgs, Kane and a prospect for an aging player in decline is way too much. Add to that, we would probably be helping them with their cap and i say no. I do think maybe it is time to part ways with Kane. So, Kane and a prospect and/or draft pick would work for me.

Love Kane's energy on the ice, hate some of it off the ice.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                            Eichel and ROR are clearly our top two C's. Z has been a third liner. I would LOVE to have enough talent for Reinhart to be a 3rd liner but we aren't even close to that talent level.
                            I wasn't a fan of the O reilly trade... I guess forward wise you can always move parts around but didnt see the point after drafting 2 centres 2nd overall 2 years in a row..

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

the girgs wanting to leave has picked up steam with no proof. I wouldn't take nash unless its for kane straight. we don't trust kane, and nash is too expensive and useless and old for NYR. we are swapping headaches in the hopes that they both find their legs again. nash is kind of intriguing because at least he performs in oct/November and December when you need to play well to make the playoffs likely. we'll have to bench him come playoffs. I think the team can get there without this. this trade probably will mean they have little to no faith that they are getting Vesey.

Comment

Working...
                              X