What's it going to take to cancel Dareus contract ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

What's it going to take to cancel Dareus contract ??

Just wanted a few suggestions, maybe an indefinite suspension ?? He won't be back for long playing games like he does, so what is it going to take??
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: What's it going to take to cancel Dareus contract ??

Another Executive Order from the Golfer-In-Chief?
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

The CBA has a 'forfeitable breach' clause that allows a contract and any of it's terms to be voided, but it explicitly excludes 'absence from a showing of extreme personal hardship' as a valid reason. He would have to voluntarily retire, be incarcerated, or renegotiate the contract with new terms that eliminates future bonuses (not already paid).
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
        The CBA has a 'forfeitable breach' clause that allows a contract and any of it's terms to be voided, but it explicitly excludes 'absence from a showing of extreme personal hardship' as a valid reason. He would have to voluntarily retire, be incarcerated, or renegotiate the contract with new terms that eliminates future bonuses (not already paid).
        If he's not able to play, there will be relief at some point if he's not getting paid.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
          If he's not able to play, there will be relief at some point if he's not getting paid.
          If you have some info then come out with it, otherwise this game of innuendo is a little ridiculous.

There has been no indication that he is not able to play once his suspension has been served.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
            If you have some info then come out with it, otherwise this game of innuendo is a little ridiculous.

There has been no indication that he is not able to play once his suspension has been served.
            HIPAA won't allow it, all I can say is Dareus' recent actions is part of a much bigger problem. The dude is running wild with his money, think Albert Haynesworth but with a more addictive personality (not in a positive way).

He actually gained weight in camp, LOL. What a freaking joke.
            Last edited by Skooby; 08-22-2016, 07:06 AM.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

Dareus was out clubbing at Encore last night. What a freaking moron.

Please terminate his contract now, and send him packing. Set a precedent.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

Comment

• Scumbag College
                  • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                  Good Lord,

I usually don't care that these guys do what 20 somethings with money and fame do...but you gotta be ****ting me at this point. The guy is either dumber than a box of rocks or just doesn't give a flying **** about the rest of his career and what happens to him in life.
                  Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Scumbag College View Post
                    Good Lord,

I usually don't care that these guys do what 20 somethings with money and fame do...but you gotta be ****ting me at this point. The guy is either dumber than a box of rocks or just doesn't give a flying **** about the rest of his career and what happens to him in life.
                    You can now reasonably see why I'm asking what's it going to take to cancel this guy's contract. He just got suspended for 4 games for obvious reasons (he loves to party and do drugs) & yet he still persists to do this S--t. If I lost $3M in income at anytime, I'd be pretty depressed and upset. This guy goes out to celebrate, he's completely clueless.

Does anyone here think this is going to change ??

P.S. The league already knows as well, so instead of seeming contrite like Dareus should he's going into self-destruct mode. A. Haynesworth style. Kudos to Whaley in protecting the team's interest, bravo.
                    Last edited by Skooby; 08-22-2016, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• Scumbag College
                      • Oct 2002

You can now reasonably see why I'm asking what's it going to take to cancel this guy's contract. He just got suspended for 4 games for obvious reasons (he loves to party and do drugs) & yet he still persists to do this S--t. If I lost $3M in income at anytime, I'd be pretty depressed and upset. This guy goes out to celebrate, he's completely clueless.

Does anyone here think this is going to change ??
                      I'd hate to give up on any 26 year old that hasn't done something totally egregious (sexual assault, murder, etc.) but this is beyond irresponsible. The optics of this are bad, and if he comes back to the team without doing some major therapy and penance for his behavior I think it would have detrimental effects on the team.

I read some comments from Kyle Williams and Eric Wood (two seemingly stand up guys) supporting him in treatment. Which is fine and the the right thing to do. But a day after Dareus announcing he's going for rehab and getting the outpouring of support from teammates and the front office to go out clubbing the next day, well I'd be mighty pissed and I'd feel like a fool if I were them.

I honestly don't know what to do with the guy. Maybe have him sit for his four games, put him on PUP for a while (if it's possible midseason) and wait and see how he is. The only thing that worries me if he is PUP'ed then he gets paid, and with all that free time and money coming in who knows what type of trouble he gets into.
                      Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                        • Feb 2009

One thing some of you need to realize is according to Vic Carucci it was the Pegulas and Bills management that suggested? Forced? Dareus into rehab... He isn't going because it was his idea..... So no he doesn't care

Comment

• The Beef
                          • Sep 2011

Prob get dropped for a couple of mid round picks like Marshawn and then go on to destroy the league after that.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                            • Nov 2007

HIPAA won't allow it, all I can say is Dareus' recent actions is part of a much bigger problem. The dude is running wild with his money, think Albert Haynesworth but with a more addictive personality (not in a positive way).

He actually gained weight in camp, LOL. What a freaking joke.

I appreciate the information and am happy you are giving it to us. However, With all due respect, whoever is giving you this information then telling you not to say anything because of hippa is in fact violating hipaa so you might as well come out with it.

just saying
                            I came.
                            I saw.
                            I conquered.

Comment

• Luisito23
                              Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                              • Apr 2003

...Just kill this silly thread already.
                              "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                              ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                              ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                              ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

Working...
                              X