Pure Hypothetical Question: Would you trade Tyrod if a team came calling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sukie
    Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

Re: Pure Hypothetical Question: Would you trade Tyrod if a team came calling?

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
    It's a choice I'm glad I wouldn't have to make in real life. If Taylor ends up sucking, the difference between trading him and not trading him means having $10 mill less in dead cap and an extra 1st rounder to find that QB. If he doesn't end up sucking, it basically means we got Favre'd.

Either way, it's completely giving up on this season, and while I don't have high hopes, these guys have been working hard all summer and deserve their best shot at winning.
    Winning, As in 7 games. WOO HOO

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
      • Aug 2004

There is no debate --- unless you have someone you BELIEVE is better, like Brady vs Bledsoe, you NEVER trade your better QB.

Right now, Tyrod is the best QB the Bills have. End of debate.

Comment

• Buffalogic
        Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
        • Feb 2006

Foolish. No way. Watkins was expensive and now he's on the verge of being a top 5 WR in the NFL. We got a qb to compliment his skills and we got him for free.

We've given up two first round picks and got Sammy and Tyrod. Why would we trade Tyrod to get a first rounder back? It impacts the previous investment too much.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll View Post
          This thread defines why this board went downhill over the years, the same clowns who complain how the bills always suck(which is true) are saying they would trade Tyrod for a pick. Unreal what goes through people's head
          How about you tell us which of us 4 "clowns" that voted yes have ever complained that "the Bills always suck".

Comment

• gebobs
            One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
            • Sep 2003

This thread defines why this board went downhill over the years, the same clowns who complain how the bills always suck(which is true) are saying they would trade Tyrod for a pick. Unreal what goes through people's head
            In my defense, I said I would trade him for the right price. No player is safe (barring any clauses restricting a trade) if the right offer is there. When Dallas traded Herschel Walker to Minnesota, Dallas was a doormat and a lot of people thought the Vikings had finally found the final piece to get the championship. A few years later, it was Dallas who hoisted the Lombardi and the Vikings were losing in the wildcard games.
            Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
              My IQ Test results came back negative
              • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
              How about you tell us which of us 4 "clowns" that voted yes have ever complained that "the Bills always suck".
              I'm not going to look back at everyone's posts. I come by here to see if there's any news and all I read is "bills are a 2 win team " " they will always suck they GM doesn't even ty to get better players"

The 4 clowns who said they would trade Tyrod was a figure of speech showing how crazy some people are on this board. Trading your QB who was good last year and this is his first year with a full camp as a starter is just asinine. Why is this even a thread? I'm all for debating but this is so crazy

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

Id hang up on any team that offered only a 1rst.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                  • Sep 2003

He was 7-6 as a first year starter, and a 20-6 TD to int ratio: y'all want to trade that for an unknown gamble on the next young QB??? SMH, what has happened on this board ?

Comment

• John Doe
                    Florida Man
                    • Jul 2002

Trade Taylor and start Manual or Jones (at his current stage of development)?

You are telling the rest of the team, and the league for that matter, that you don't give a damn. Who would want to coach for us?

Comment

• gebobs
                      One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by alohabillsfan View Post
                      He was 7-6 as a first year starter, and a 20-6 TD to int ratio: y'all want to trade that for an unknown gamble on the next young QB??? SMH, what has happened on this board ?
                      Everyone has their price. If Denver or Dallas or Minnesota were so desperate that they offered three firsts (I know, I'm dreaming), I would jump all over that. As well as he played last year some of the time, he's not exactly a known quantity either.

One first? Nah.
                      Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                        My IQ Test results came back negative
                        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by alohabillsfan View Post

Thank you!!! I said this earlier and got told to EAD which i assume means eat a dick. Its just crazy that people are talking about this one week out of the season.

Comment

• Swiper
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2010

Thank you!!! I said this earlier and got told to EAD which i assume means eat a dick. Its just crazy that people are talking about this one week out of the season.
                          Certainly you have a right to your opinion. The only thing that you said that isn't right, to me, is that Taylor "was good" last year. He played well in the beginning when no team had film on him. He was not very good toward the end. That said, he had been injured. I think we need to see another year of him before I make up my mind. He could still go either way. He's committed. I'll give him that. Though I'm generally not a fan. He is barely better than what Fitzpatrick was here.
                          Last edited by swiper; 08-31-2016, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

I vote 'No', unless a team is desperate enough to back up the 'pick' truck and offer a helluva lot more than a single first rounder.

I vote 'Yes', "Shut up you stupid Canadian" should be a mandatory option for any poll.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mace
                              Haha...yeah you think so ?
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                              I vote 'No', unless a team is desperate enough to back up the 'pick' truck and offer a helluva lot more than a single first rounder.
                              I voted "no" but agree. I'd want at least 1 special teams linebacker, a draft pick I could trade for another special teams linebacker, and a conditional pick I could use for a future special teams linebacker, though.

Comment

• OpIv37
                                Acid Douching Asswipe
                                • Sep 2002

I'm not going to look back at everyone's posts. I come by here to see if there's any news and all I read is "bills are a 2 win team " " they will always suck they GM doesn't even ty to get better players"

The 4 clowns who said they would trade Tyrod was a figure of speech showing how crazy some people are on this board. Trading your QB who was good last year and this is his first year with a full camp as a starter is just asinine. Why is this even a thread? I'm all for debating but this is so crazy
                                So, you come to a website for a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 15 years and did basically nothing to upgrade last year's 8-8 squad, and you are confused by the fact that some people are down on the team. Then you respond to posts that, by your own admission , you haven't read.

Wow, we've got a regular genius here.
                                MiKiDo Facebook
                                MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                                X