• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JATMtheJATM
    • Aug 2012

Re: 2016-2017 Season Long Game Day Thread

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
    I thought we'd be a bubble team with an outside shot of sneaking in for a quick exit, which would be great just to get some playoff experience for the youth. But this team will be out of it by Christmas.
    Meh, they have points in 3 of 5 games. I'm gonna wait it out before I declare the season dead. Remember how bad they started in 10-11? Didn't get their first home win till, what? Mid November?
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
      Meh, they have points in 3 of 5 games. I'm gonna wait it out before I declare the season dead. Remember how bad they started in 10-11? Didn't get their first home win till, what? Mid November?
      They were on 4 days rest and got their asses handed to them in the third period against a team that was on the second night of a back to back.

Out of 5 games so far, they've had 3 where they scored 2 or less (one 2 goal game and 2 one goal games). Goaltending is bottom 10 and the D isn't much beyond the top pair (I was excited when we got Bogosian but he's been disappointing).

I guess teams have turned it around before, but I'm just not seeing the improvement that we desperately needed over last year.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
        • Aug 2012

They were on 4 days rest and got their asses handed to them in the third period against a team that was on the second night of a back to back.

Out of 5 games so far, they've had 3 where they scored 2 or less (one 2 goal game and 2 one goal games). Goaltending is bottom 10 and the D isn't much beyond the top pair (I was excited when we got Bogosian but he's been disappointing).

I guess teams have turned it around before, but I'm just not seeing the improvement that we desperately needed over last year.
        I have a feeling the sabres will be a second half team this year, but it might be too late, depending on how things go till Eichel gets back
        Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

I fell asleep before the 3rd and told a friend I am prepared for a 4-3 loss. I was surprised the next morning that I was right. I though the backup played well. ultimately, they don't look terrible, but they are scoring some random goals without a lot of pressure, so that's a worry to me. they aren't outworking people for long stretches. they aren't peppering the other team. and defensively, they need another dman. I think they can be a bubble playoff team, but they'll need to be .500 by eichel's return.

Comment

• Swiper
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
            I fell asleep before the 3rd and told a friend I am prepared for a 4-3 loss. I was surprised the next morning that I was right. I though the backup played well. ultimately, they don't look terrible, but they are scoring some random goals without a lot of pressure, so that's a worry to me. they aren't outworking people for long stretches. they aren't peppering the other team. and defensively, they need another dman. I think they can be a bubble playoff team, but they'll need to be .500 by eichel's return.
            LOL.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
              • Aug 2012

Well, tonight blows
              Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

4+ periods and a 5 min OT without a goal. Eichel's good but he can't fix that by himself.

Scoring is inconsistent at best, D is bad, goaltending is sub-par. I thought getting a healthy Ennis back would help, but he's been invisible. Afinogenov 2.0. The only good thing about this team so far has been ST. Other than O'Reilly and Moulson's PP play, this team is a **** show.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

The only saving grace is that this team just saved me $116 on the Gamecenter single team package.

Don't get me wrong- I'll still follow the team: watch any games that are televised locally, listen to games on XM if I happen to be in my car, check the stats and highlights after the ones I can't watch.

But I'm really tired of investing time and money in teams that aren't even remotely competitive.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                    • Aug 2012

The only saving grace is that this team just saved me $116 on the Gamecenter single team package.

Don't get me wrong- I'll still follow the team: watch any games that are televised locally, listen to games on XM if I happen to be in my car, check the stats and highlights after the ones I can't watch.

But I'm really tired of investing time and money in teams that aren't even remotely competitive.
                    I do think the team will right the ship, they couldn't finish tonight and nilsson was pretty bad. They need scoring. They need Kane and Eichel. Even one of them would help a ton.
                    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Ingtar33
                      Dances With Buffaloes
                      • Sep 2002

I actually miss Lindy Ruff.
                      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
                        Dan B. should be on notice.

They had zero energy for long stretches and the forwards aren't getting back to play D. Our backup Goalie is terrible.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                          Dan B. should be on notice.

They had zero energy for long stretches and the forwards aren't getting back to play D. Our backup Goalie is terrible.
                          They outshot the wild... 38-22? I think it was. You are going to win most games like that. Difference was goaltending. Dubnyk is a real good goalie. Nilsson? Not so much.

Also, the Derek Grant experiment should be over. Nice preseason. It's over
                          Last edited by JATMtheJATM; 10-28-2016, 10:09 AM.
                          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
                            I actually miss Ryan Miller, at least what he was in his prime.

Yeah he'd let in a softie here and there and he was a bit of a headcase (most goalies are), but he was also good enough to steal a game when the rest of the team came out flat. We don't have anyone who can do that now.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                              • Aug 2012

I actually miss Ryan Miller, at least what he was in his prime.

Yeah he'd let in a softie here and there and he was a bit of a headcase (most goalies are), but he was also good enough to steal a game when the rest of the team came out flat. We don't have anyone who can do that now.
                              The goals people call softies are usually not soft at all. Usually. I mean, I've seen some dumpers go in, but people are always like, oh, that deflection went five hole, he should have stopped that, what a softie. And it's like... Dude bro, that's not soft.

Futurewise, can Petersen for the Irish looks really good and ullmark is young and on the rise too. I have faith in lehner, and still think he can be a starter going forward, though GMTM gave up too much for him
                              Last edited by JATMtheJATM; 10-28-2016, 11:18 AM.
                              Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• trapezeus
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Oct 2004

I have no faith in lehner staying healthy. and if he does, I don't see him becoming dominant. the team simply had to come out with some compete and not get shut out to show they were over the flyer game. and they gave us 1000 reasons to believe they are a bottom third team again. I also hate that we spent two years sucking to get talent, and our strategy seems to be very conservative boring hockey. not cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X