X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Klaista2k
    • Mar 2017

Thoughts on the trade with KC?

I don't think it was that great to be honest.

We traded away the 10th overall pick or the 27th (HUGE drop-off in talent) and picked up a late 3rd, and what will most likely be a late 1st in 2018.

I guess it's OKAY but I'm really not crazy that we had to move so far down.

What do you guys think about the trade overall?
  • MJones83
    • Sep 2009

Re: Thoughts on the trade with KC?

I think we could have/should have squeezed one more pick out of them. At least a 4th this year or a 3rd next.

Comment

• stuckincincy
      Buffalo Bills Fan
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Klaista2k View Post
      I don't think it was that great to be honest.

We traded away the 10th overall pick or the 27th (HUGE drop-off in talent) and picked up a late 3rd, and what will most likely be a late 1st in 2018.

I guess it's OKAY but I'm really not crazy that we had to move so far down.

What do you guys think about the trade overall?
      My guess is they bought ammunition for next year - to possibly sell off to move up - which I hear is supposed to be a better year for the QB crop.

The CB they got late in the 1st rnd seems to be ok. They needed to draft one with the Gilmore departure.

Kyle Williams's days are numbered, and Dareus, who knows?

I'd like to see them get a DT tomorrow. And a WR...pretty thin there.
      Last edited by stuckincincy; 04-27-2017, 11:43 PM.
      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Klaista2k
        • Mar 2017

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
        My guess is they bought ammunition for next year - to possibly sell off to move up - which I hear is supposed to be a better year for the QB crop.

The CB they got late in the 1st rnd seems to be ok. They needed to draft one with the Gilmore departure.

Kyle Williams's days are numbered, and Dareus, who knows?

I'd like to see them get a DT tomorrow. And a WR...pretty thin there.
        Yeah that makes sense.

I just hope we'll have enough ammo to get into the top 5 to land of these quarterbacks.

Comment

• zone
          No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
          • Oct 2003

We are not smarter than Andy Reid.
          www.blzbus.com

Comment

• Scumbag College
            • Oct 2002

It's a sound investment in the future. The Bills have four of the top 100 picks in this draft and two of the top 32 picks next year. New coach, (probably) new GM, and out of cap hell after 2018 it looks like thanks to the Clay and Dareus contracts. The White pick wasn't flashy at all but he will probably be solid in this defensive scheme, not to mention is about as high character of a guy that there is in this draft.
            Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

I like it. They were probably taking a DB at 10 anyway which would of still had people *****ing. White has as good a chance as making it as whoever that would of been. If we had to draft a DB I'll take the two extra picks. Good move!

Comment

• Swiper
                • Sep 2010

The player they got would have been there for their 2nd round pick. Stupid are all the people calling that a solid pick. Yes. It would be a solid round #2 pick. Not a solid 1st round pick.

The 2018 KC first will be at the tail end of the draft and therefore be more like a 2nd round pick. All the posters "hoping for a KC tank" are making me laugh.

Bills fans spend more time hoping for the draft than they do hoping to win football games. If McDermott can change that ridiculousness, then he should be crowned king of WNY.

Comment

• Swiper
                  • Sep 2010

Meanwhile we had to watch the Jets walk away with Jamal Adams.

Comment

• Oaf
                    Do you read what you write?
                    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                    The player they got would have been there for their 2nd round pick. Stupid are all the people calling that a solid pick. Yes. It would be a solid round #2 pick. Not a solid 1st round pick.

The 2018 KC first will be at the tail end of the draft and therefore be more like a 2nd round pick. All the posters "hoping for a KC tank" are making me laugh.

Bills fans spend more time hoping for the draft than they do hoping to win football games. If McDermott can change that ridiculousness, then he should be crowned king of WNY.
                    White was projected mid 1st to early 2nd. Neither a steal nor a reach. He very well could've gone 40. We'll pick another good player around then.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

I would have liked to get another pick in this year's draft, and yes, White most likely would have been there at 44 so I'll be watching who comes off the board early tonight.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                        I like it. They were probably taking a DB at 10 anyway which would of still had people *****ing. White has as good a chance as making it as whoever that would of been. If we had to draft a DB I'll take the two extra picks. Good move!
                        That's my thinking. They were going CB and that pool of talent was very deep. So once the phone rang, they took the deal.

I also believe the sheer amount of guys at the top with medical concerns played big in this.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Cali512
                          • Jan 2012

I have to say if we got Rueben Foster or one of the OL, everyone here would be ecstatic that we got a 1st and 3rd along with an elite LB. But since we didn't, I think a lot of people are going to question the move. But we now have 2 picks in what everyone is saying will be one of the best QB drafts in a long time
                          Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                            Skoobasaurus-Rex
                            • Oct 2011

I can't wait for next year and the year after that, maybe the following year will be even better. Our scouting staff mailed it in here and knew well before the draft they're gone, it shows. Good riddance to them
                            and enjoy the money you didn't deserve, please take Whaley with you.

Comment

• Kenny
                              • Aug 2004

First thought was I hated it... Hooker and Lattimore still on the board!
                              But time will tell.

If Hooker turns into the next Ed Reed or Eric Berry, or Lattimore becomes a shut down corner, or Mahommes works out then this is an obvious fail.

Sure we have 2 picks next year which is great. But dont think for a second that this is enough ammo to move the #1 spot for that QB from USC. If you held that pick, and had a kid that you thought was the next Luck, Manning, Newton, etc... a true ELITE and franchise QB, you wouldnt trade it for all the picks in the draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X