X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpikedLemonade
    • May 2024

Re: Thoughts on the trade with KC?

Not a move made by a team that expects to contend soon.

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Love it.

Comment

• Cali512
        • Jan 2012

I really think this year was very overrated. In the top 10, I only think Jamal Adams is the only sire fire star. Garrett, Trubisky, Fournette, Ross, Davis, and Williams never intrigued me at all
        Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

"My guess" is that if your getting a new GM he most likely wants to go to a team that has draft picks and cap room to start his new job with.

White is a smart, coaches dream, kind of player. You don't get to wear 18 at LSU by chance.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
            Making Spirits Bright
            • Mar 2006

I love the trade. Stockpile ammo for next year so you can take the player (QB) you want, not the one that falls to you, if need be.

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
            Sure we have 2 picks next year which is great. But dont think for a second that this is enough ammo to move the #1 spot for that QB from USC. If you held that pick, and had a kid that you thought was the next Luck, Manning, Newton, etc... a true ELITE and franchise QB, you wouldnt trade it for all the picks in the draft.
            It's hard to say that when you don't know what either pick we'll have is. Our pick could be top 5 for all we know. Not to mention we can trade 2 rounders, next years picks, etc. If there's a player we want, it's not out of the realm of possibilities that we would be able to go up and get him next year.

Comment

• Kenny
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
              "My guess" is that if your getting a new GM he most likely wants to go to a team that has draft picks and cap room to start his new job with.

White is a smart, coaches dream, kind of player. You don't get to wear 18 at LSU by chance.
              Had to look it up, but cool story

Comment

• cookie G
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Klaista2k View Post
                Yeah that makes sense.

I just hope we'll have enough ammo to get into the top 5 to land of these quarterbacks.
                I have no idea why people think they'll use a no. 1 pick on a QB next year.

That's not the way this team swings.

By December next year, KW will announce his retirement, or the FS McD brought in won't work out, or Ragland won't be fast enough to fit the scheme, or another of a few dozen variations on the same theme...

And then the usual ..."we have to fix the defense first", "defense wins championships", "we have greater needs" and "the QB class will be better next year" cliches being floated around. Hell, this is a team that used its past 5 draft picks to "fix" a defense that was a top 5 D in the league (that now seems eons ago).

The same scene in the same play has been going on wayyyy too long to think different.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

The past 3 times the Bills had 2 first round picks they selected...

Aaron Maybin
                  Eric Wood

Donte Hitner
                  John McCargo

Lee Evans
                  JP Losman

Now doesn't that just make you warm and fuzzy about having 2 first rounders?

Come to think of it has anyone ever hit on 2 first rounders in the same draft?

Comment

• Mahdi
                    • Mar 2004

It is a solid pick at 27 to get White.

On top of that, in this draft the talent drop off from 10 to 27 is not that much. If the rumor was true that they were going to take Humphrey at 10 then I would much rather get the extra pick and take White at 27.

White seems to be the better athlete anyway with better ball skills.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                      • May 2009

Great trade. If the Bills are somehow good next year and don't get a high pick. They can use this 1st round pick to move up and draft their quarterback of the future.

Comment

• jamze132
                        • Jun 2003

Wish we had gotten Mahomes... or Watson... or Jamal Adams... or Ruben Foster. But whatevs... White is a solid player.

Comment

• streetkings01
                          • Jul 2006

This draft is pretty deep at some key positions............I don't know how anyone can say it's a huge drop off in talent from the 10th pick to the 27th pick. Mel Kiper was just on Mike & Mike stating that there are guys that will be selected in the 2nd round that are better then the guys selected in the 1st round at their position.
                          You can call me streetkings

Comment

• The Jokeman
                            • Dec 2003

We missed out on Hooker and Howard in my I want with pick 10 scenario. Yet at the end of the day we weren't one player away from turning it around this year so think it was a solid move. I mean people think the Chiefs pick is going to be low this year, but look at last year if you were to tell me at this time last year the Panthers would be drafting in the top 10 of the this year's draft I would have never believed you.

Comment

• feldspar
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by MJones83 View Post
                              I think we could have/should have squeezed one more pick out of them. At least a 4th this year or a 3rd next.
                              Actually, the Bills got good value in this trade. Check out the NFL Draft Value Chart. Each pick is assigned a certain amount of points.

Bills #10 pick = 1,300 points

Chiefs #27 pick = 680 points
                              Chiefs #91 pick = 136 points
                              Chiefs 2018 1st round pick = 590 points (at the very minimum)

So, do the math: 680 + 136 + 590 = 1,406

Instead of picking at #10 (with a value of 1,300), the Bills traded down and got 1,406 points of value at the very minimum.

So even if the Chiefs go on to win the Super Bowl and the Bills get the last pick in the 1st round next year, they still got more value than the Chiefs in this trade. Why? Because 1,406 > 1,300. Something tells me the Chiefs won't win the Super Bowl this year, so I'd bet our value will be greater than that.

Which players get picked is a separate mater entirely...but now we have three picks instead of one.
                              Last edited by feldspar; 04-28-2017, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• Jry44
                                • Apr 2013

We were essentially able to drop down 17 spots and...

* Get a rock solid player that replaces our #1 corner
                                * Add another player in the 3rd that will contribute this year
                                * Add an additional 1st rounder next year to move for a franchise QB if needed, or fill in more holes.

This was a no brainer. Word is that they were set to pick Lattimore if they stayed at 10, so getting a player that some ranked just behind him at that position while adding another potential starter this season in the process is huge for as many holes as this team has. You have to make that deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X