• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kscdogbillsfan1221
    • Nov 2007

Re: whaley fired

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
    Sure I do. He's a weasel who sucks up to rich owners and convinces them that he has their best interests in mind, and, like any con-man, he manipulates them for his own personal gain.

Russ Brandon doesn't do anything in business that any college kid couldn't do. Marketing? He sells football tickets to Western New Yorkers. That's like selling drugs to rock stars. It doesn't take a genius.

I might be inclined to go a little easier on him had he not showed his true colors by naming himself General Manager of an NFL team. That's the most preposterous thing I've ever seen.

This idiot has ZERO football background, and he has no more insight into the game than any fan does, yet he insinuated himself into situations in which he was making or having input into football decisions.

Brandon was in charge of ticket sales for the Florida Marlins before coming to the Bills. He proceeded to ingratiate himself to a 90 year old dying man. He gained Ralph's trust like a gold digger and seized a mind boggling amount of power, none of which he deserved or was qualified to wield.

He's a worthless piece of **** whose only talent is self preservation.

He's the type of scumbag who would do just great on the TV show Survivor. And he's also the type of scumbag who never has accomplishes anything tangible. He merely takes credit for things he was a bystander for, and he evades blame for failures he should be blamed for.
    Post of the week. Thank you!! Couldn't have said it better than that
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Comment

• sudzy
      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
      Third Person in the Bed with Terry & Kim?
      He's been there since Kim bought the team. Just, Russ learned how to lick the alphabet, now Doug is no longer needed.

Comment

• Swiper
        • Sep 2010

You're next Russ.
        Don't have any doubts that he threw absolutely everyone around him under the bus to save his own @ss.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
          • Nov 2007

Yup. As I said. He is ALWAYS the last man standing.
          I came.
          I saw.
          I conquered.

Comment

• feldspar
            • Mar 2007

Sure I do.
            I don't think that you do.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
              • Jul 2002

Sure I do. He's a weasel who sucks up to rich owners and convinces them that he has their best interests in mind, and, like any con-man, he manipulates them for his own personal gain.

Russ Brandon doesn't do anything in business that any college kid couldn't do. Marketing? He sells football tickets to Western New Yorkers. That's like selling drugs to rock stars. It doesn't take a genius.

I might be inclined to go a little easier on him had he not showed his true colors by naming himself General Manager of an NFL team. That's the most preposterous thing I've ever seen.

This idiot has ZERO football background, and he has no more insight into the game than any fan does, yet he insinuated himself into situations in which he was making or having input into football decisions.

Brandon was in charge of ticket sales for the Florida Marlins before coming to the Bills. He proceeded to ingratiate himself to a 90 year old dying man. He gained Ralph's trust like a gold digger and seized a mind boggling amount of power, none of which he deserved or was qualified to wield.

He's a worthless piece of **** whose only talent is self preservation.

He's the type of scumbag who would do just great on the TV show Survivor. And he's also the type of scumbag who never has accomplishes anything tangible. He merely takes credit for things he was a bystander for, and he evades blame for failures he should be blamed for.
              Sounds like he could be elected president in 2028.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                Which way does it work then?

Brandon is just behind anything negative you can think of?

How come he had nothing to do with Whaley's firing then? Did he not play a role hiring McDermott? How much of a role did he play in this year's Bills draft? Does he pull personnel strings with the Sabres, affecting the Bylsma and Murray firings too?

Explain.

Explain to me how it works. You seem to know, so I'd appreciate it if you let me in on it.

I'm not defending Brandon in any way here, either. Just asking a simple question...How does it work then?
                Nobody is actually going to be able to answer these questions.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
                  According to pegula, whaley ran the draft.
                  Then that's a pretty ****ty strategy considering it's been rumored for weeks he was being canned.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Swiper
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                    You are correct...and after 17 years of failure, it's still not a bad idea. I'll give it a chance.

It's nice to have an owner that doesn't meddle as much, due to his concern over his snapper purse lacking coin. Pegula has the football acumen of my dog but seems indifferent to paying failures millions to leave and does look forward. Not my money, so I'll watch McDermott do his job.
                    An owner that doesn't meddle? LOL. The Bills have had 3 coaches in his short tenure. The Sabres had Ruff, Nolan, Bylsyma and Ralston. He will now have two football GMs and a third hockey GM in his short time. He meddles. And he never seems to get it right.

But hey. Hope spring eternal. I like McDermott a lot better than Ryan even if he hasn't coached a game yet.

Comment

• Novacane
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Buddo View Post
                      Much depends on what happens now, as to how I view this. There are parts of the scouting/pro-personnel departments that have worked really well under Whaley, and he was the guy who set them up. If it's going to be a total house clearing, then I think it's a typical NFL mistake, in that like when a new HC gets appointed, it seems automatic that everything gets thrown out of the window, including the parts that were working, e.g. Schwartz after Ryan took over.

I'm also very wary about giving McDermott the amount of power it appears he's getting. He's done precisely nothing as a HC, to warrant the degree of control it seems he's getting. The likes of Reid, Belichick etc. had to earn that power, over a number of years, and they did earn it.

While the Pegulas might have made a good HC choice this time around, it looks like they might not have finished making mistakes in other areas. Aside from not getting a franchise QB, I don't think that Whaley and the personnel staff, have been anywhere near as bad as many would have it.
                      While I am glad to see Whaley go this also concerns me. Pegula has given a lot of power to someone who hasn't proven he deserves it. For our sake I hope Mcdermott pans out or we may go 25 years with no playoffs!

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                        Then that's a pretty ****ty strategy considering it's been rumored for weeks he was being canned.

Agreed
                        I came.
                        I saw.
                        I conquered.

Comment

• Historian
                          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                          • Dec 2002

http://www.sponsorship.com/IEGSR/2017/02/06/NFL-Sponsorship-Revenue-Totals-$1-25-Billion-In-20/NFL-Team-Sponsorship-Revenue-Rankings.aspx
                          I especially love the kinard of how he regionalized the team, by moving the training camp to his alma mater.

I've had season tickets on and off since Chuck Knox.

Every year I sat with more Rochester people than Buffalonians.
                          Last edited by Historian; 04-30-2017, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• feldspar
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                            Nobody is actually going to be able to answer these questions.
                            My point exactly.

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
                              Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
                              • Feb 2013

Russ Brandon has other stuff on his plate like trying to keep the AHL Americans in Rochester...

Russ Brandon, the president and managing partner of Pegula Sports and Entertainment, said the Rochester decision will come after a GM is in place. The Amerks do not have an agreement with the city to play in Blue Cross Arena next season.

“We’re going to continue to work with the officials in Rochester,” Brandon said. “Obviously, it’s a very important regional element for us. We’ll continue to discuss that when there’s another general manager in place and head coach in place.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/04/26/pegulas-start-sabres-search-brandon-continues-talks-rochester-amerks/
                              Last edited by DetDannyWilliams; 04-30-2017, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• cookie G
                                • Mar 2003

You are correct...and after 17 years of failure, it's still not a bad idea. I'll give it a chance.
                                That part..I can understand. Again, I'll wait and see.

It's nice to have an owner that doesn't meddle as much, due to his concern over his snapper purse lacking coin. Pegula has the football acumen of my dog but seems indifferent to paying failures millions to leave and does look forward. Not my money, so I'll watch McDermott do his job.
                                This part...I'm not so sure..he/they certainly seem to put themselves in the forefront on major decisions on this team.

It might not be due to a tight wallet, but him and Kim are definitely hands on...and it seems in areas they shouldn't be.

The big example is the hiring of Rex. To this day, I find it fascinating that while the Pegulas were falling in love with Rex and Russ was locking the doors to OBD, no one bothered to wonder why the Jets descended from a team that played in teh AFC championship game to a league laughingstock..and what Rex' role was in that descent.

Comment

Working...
                                X