Who Would You Say Will be THE Better Team '17 -- Sabres, Leafs, TB or Bruins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swiper
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

Re: Who Would You Say Will be THE Better Team '17 -- Sabres, Leafs, TB or Bruins?

Originally posted by rbochan View Post
    And last year. And the year before that. And the year before that.... lather, rinse, repeat.
    I understand how you feel.

Comment

• mightysimi
      Buckle me in on the highway of sin
      • Mar 2010

Re: Who Would You Say Will be THE Better Team '17 -- Sabres, Leafs, TB or Bruins?

I have to think it is TB as well. They resigned pretty much everyone plus turned Drouin into a top 10 d-man. Vasilevsky is a good goalie and is still young. Hedman is still going to play 25-30 min a game. Then they still have Anton Stralman and Sustr on D while adding Dan Girardi and Chris Kunitz. Baring injuries, I think they make an easy return to the playoffs and in my opinion likely the most points out of the teams mentioned.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
        • Jun 2024

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
        I have to think it is TB as well. They resigned pretty much everyone plus turned Drouin into a top 10 d-man. Vasilevsky is a good goalie and is still young. Hedman is still going to play 25-30 min a game. Then they still have Anton Stralman and Sustr on D while adding Dan Girardi and Chris Kunitz. Baring injuries, I think they make an easy return to the playoffs and in my opinion likely the most points out of the teams mentioned.
        So you see the Lightning as being clearly better than the Bruins this year?

Sounds like my Bruins will be surprising some people this year.

Comment

• Swiper
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post

Most notably you.

Comment

• mightysimi
            Buckle me in on the highway of sin
            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post

I do. I think they have more depth on Offence. You have Bergeron, Paternak, Krejci and Marchand. There isn't a lot of proven commodities past them. Backes is good but he will rarely get you more than 20 goals. I am not a fan of your D either. Chara is another year slower, McQuaid and Krug are all right but I would say 3-4 D. Liles, is like 100 and on his 8th team I think and Postma was a Winnipeg cast off that I know all to well. I like Rask as I think he is one of the more underrated goalies in the league. Overall, the only real superstar in the bunch is Marchand. Bergeron does everything good and teams need guys like him to win but he isn't a 70-90 point guy anymore. So based on this, I feel Tampa has more depth at Fwd, more superstars and a little behind in goal. Over the course of a season I think that equates to more points. Baring injuries of course which Tampa hasn't been able to get away from the last little while.

I suppose it also depends on if you can finally get some use out of the 1st rounders you guys have had in the last few drafts. Still my vote is TB.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
              • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
              Most notably you.
              Actually, I feel pretty good about the Bruins development these days.

Their prospects are knocking on the door and will be introduced more and more this year.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                • Jun 2024

Riveting conversation here.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                  • Mar 2005

Sabres because ranking guarantees playoffs

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                    • Jun 2024

Originally posted by camelcowboy View Post
                    Sabres because ranking guarantees playoffs
                    Huh?

Comment

• camelcowboy
                      • Mar 2005

Sorry auto correct meant tanking

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                        • Jun 2024

Originally posted by camelcowboy View Post
                        Sorry auto correct meant tanking
                        Gotcha!

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                          • Jun 2024

"Contracts in today’s NHL are structured in such a way where the high-end RFAs rarely leave their current club, so Pastrnak will most likely be wearing a Boston sweater in 2017-18. But the sooner this all gets done, the better. As the Bruins look to build on their first playoff appearance in three years, they’d much prefer to enter camp with one of their most exciting young weapons locked in and ready to go."

Comment

• Novacane
                            • Jul 2002

Got it Debbie is a personal insult? Toughen up Sally!

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                              • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                              Got it Debbie is a personal insult? Toughen up Sally!
                              Huh?

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
                                Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
                                • Feb 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X