• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Albany,n.y.
    • Jul 2002

Re: Anquan Boldin retiring

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if he asked the Bills his chances of making the team and they told him "not good."
    More like he though he came here to win a championship and realized his chances were slim & none with slim only being a trade to NE.

Comment

• Mace
      Haha...yeah you think so ?
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
      More like he though he came here to win a championship
      That's just ridiculous. Pull yourself together.
      Last edited by Mace; 08-21-2017, 12:29 AM.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
        The guy had more talent than the remainder of our WR group combined. I doubt he would even need to ask, let alone be fearful, about being cut from this team.
        Here's the stat line for the one actual game he played in, 3 targets and his one 5 yard catch made him bigger than everyone else on the stat line. Haha.

Dude, he wasn't engaged at all or even making this team. This isn't the old Bills management where we'd keep people hanging around for no reason, he was told after the game last week it's cut or retire (his choice). They delayed it (he's been no cost at all) to make it look like it's his idea (classy move). They "he found a higher passion" or a "calling of god" is such a bunch of BS it's unbelievable people still buy that. This isn't 1997 when he loses a few hundred thousand $'s, he's missing millions.
        Goodluck to your higher calling, we were the last check you might of seen if you could play. You couldn't anymore and your last resort didn't work out (Bills figured why not take a flyer ?). Bills read the material and put the flyer down. Would we currently be any 38 year old WR first choice, everything being equal ??

No money here Boldin, take care.

P.S. The look at Boldin was zero risk, zero cost.

Box score for the Philadelphia Eagles vs. Buffalo Bills NFL game from August 17, 2017 on ESPN. Includes all passing, rushing and receiving stats.
        Last edited by Skooby; 08-21-2017, 02:36 AM.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
          • May 2024

3-13

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
            he was told after the game last week it's cut or retire (his choice).
            If that is the truth than my confidence in the new staff and front office has a crack in it.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
              3-13
              that's looking optimistic right now Spiked
              I came.
              I saw.
              I conquered.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                If that is the truth than my confidence in the new staff and front office has a crack in it.
                not saying you're necessarily wrong, but why?
                I came.
                I saw.
                I conquered.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Here's the stat line for the one actual game he played in, 3 targets and his one 5 yard catch made him bigger than everyone else on the stat line. Haha.
                  You want to compare that to Zay Jones stat line from his first game? We don't judge players based on a single game.

Dude, he wasn't engaged at all or even making this team...They delayed it (he's been no cost at all) to make it look like it's his idea (classy move).
                  This is pure speculation, though you'll claim some inside info.

They "he found a higher passion" or a "calling of god" is such a bunch of BS it's unbelievable people still buy that. This isn't 1997 when he loses a few hundred thousand $'s, he's missing millions.
                  Yea, why would the guy who was named the NFL's 2015 Walter Payton Man of the Year and is well-known for his charity and humanitarian work suddenly find a higher passion? It's not like he has a long history of being involved with giving and charitable work.

Goodluck to your higher calling, we were the last check you might of seen if you could play. No money here Boldin, take care.
                  This response speaks a lot to your character.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

You want to compare that to Zay Jones stat line from his first game? We don't judge players based on a single game.

This is pure speculation, though you'll claim some inside info.

Yea, why would the guy who was named the NFL's 2015 Walter Payton Man of the Year and is well-known for his charity and humanitarian work suddenly find a higher passion? It's not like he has a long history of being involved with giving and charitable work.

This response speaks a lot to your character.
                    And before Mitch response with more nonsense about Boldin's "finding of a higher passion", here is more about his charitable work from NFL.com upon him being named Man of the Year for 2015.

Boldin established the Anquan Boldin (Q81) Foundation in 2004 with the mission to expand the educational and life opportunities of underprivileged children, and has since has held charitable events in Phoenix, Baltimore, South Florida and the San Francisco Bay Area. In 2014, he and his wife Dionne announced a $1 million pledge to escalate the impact of the Foundation.

The Anquan Boldin Foundation offers numerous programs, including a summer enrichment program, Thanksgiving food drives, which offers 300 meals annually in addition to holiday shopping sprees. Last fall, the Foundation awarded $10,000 academic scholarships to five students entering college. Since the Foundation's inception, it has awarded 13 four-year scholarships through the "Q81" Foundation Scholarship Fund.
                    I don't know about you guys, but giving out 4,000 meals, pledging $1 million dollars, and awarding $520,000 in scholarships sure sounds like a guy who clearly just found his inner humanitarian.

To suggest that his decision to choose his charity work over football, had anything to do with his current talent level is both insulting and ignorant.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
                      not saying you're necessarily wrong, but why?
                      I don't see anybody at the bottom of the position group that is likely to turn into a contributor at this time or in the future that would be worth keeping around for a season more than an experienced, productive, professional veteran. Leadership can't be measured like statistics but it is a factor that can be just as important, maybe moreso on a few specific individual cases.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

Dude can't play anymore, looked very slow and isn't familiar with the offense. It became plainly obvious to all involved so he walked away without why he came here, for a check. Acting like we are some premier destination for old players is stupid talk, he can't play so bye.

I'm not here to talk charity or his gifts of giving, the dude was here and gone in weeks. No money buddy, sorry. He knew he showed up slow and unable to play, couldn't sleepwalk past these coaches.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                          Classy move by them to not simply cut him, both sides knew he was going no where.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                            Skoobasaurus-Rex
                            • Oct 2011

And before Mitch response with more nonsense about Boldin's "finding of a higher passion", here is more about his charitable work from NFL.com upon him being named Man of the Year for 2015.

I don't know about you guys, but giving out 4,000 meals, pledging $1 million dollars, and awarding $520,000 in scholarships sure sounds like a guy who clearly just found his inner humanitarian.

To suggest that his decision to choose his charity work over football, had anything to do with his current talent level is both insulting and ignorant.
                            Good for him, no check for trying. He showed up not really able to play that well, it was a flyer that we reviewed for a few weeks.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

God this franchise is a laughing stock.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                                Administrator
                                • Jul 2002

Good for him, no check for trying. He showed up not really able to play that well, it was a flyer that we reviewed for a few weeks.
                                No ability to admit you even that you misrepresented him in your previous post. That's just sad man.
                                COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                                X