Is anyone we drafted in the past 17 seasons going to make the hall of fame ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Is anyone we drafted in the past 17 seasons going to make the hall of fame ?

Pretty simple, did we draft any hall of fame talented players from 2000 until now?
    Last edited by Skooby; 08-21-2017, 02:18 PM.
  • WagonCircler
    Escaped Convict
    • Jul 2002

Re: Is anyone we drafted in the past 17 seasons going to make the hall of fame ?

Marshawn had HOF talent, but he's a piece of **** human being. He won't get in.

Dareus also had HOF talent, but he got paid and he was done.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
      • Sep 2009

Re: Is anyone we drafted in the past 17 seasons going to make the hall of fame ?

Lynch has a shot, along with Jason Peters, that's about it. Kyle never got the notoriety early in his career, hell of a player though.

Edit: If being a piece of **** kept players out of the HoF....
      Last edited by kingJofNYC; 08-21-2017, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• ICRockets
        Childish Fake Voter
        • Jul 2008

If they do, they're not going in as Bills. I think the organization should be talking about how to salvage our historical image during the drought- that is, how we view it as a snapshot of the franchise. If I'm Russ Brandon, I make a push to (obviously) sign Fred Jackson to a 1-day contract so he retires as a Bill and then (not as obviously) retire #22. It's a good PR move to reward a guy who is one of the most beloved Bills of the post-SuperBowl era.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
          Lynch has a shot, along with Jason Peters, that's about it. Kyle never got the notoriety early in his career, hell of a player though.

Going to make it into the hall is the deal, it's voted on by the press so you can simply forget about Marshawn Lynch. Peters might but what success did he ever really have, so I doubt it. Did we go almost 20 years without one standout player ?? It's all really hitting home, we haven't been ran properly for a long time.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
            Making Spirits Bright
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post

Peters was undrafted. I think we signed him off of the Giants practice squad.

Marshawn is probably my favorite Bill that we've drafted in this span, but his stats right now are nothing compared to LT who just got in. I think he needs a couple more big seasons to have a chance.

The only other player that might have a shot is Ko Simpson.

Comment

• ICRockets
              Childish Fake Voter
              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
              Going to make it into the hall is the deal, it's voted on by the press so you can simply forget about Marshawn Lynch. Peters might but what success did he ever really have, so I doubt it. Did we go almost 20 years without one standout player ?? It's all really hitting home, we haven't been ran properly for a long time.
              Kyle Williams absolutely stands out, but it's very hard to make it to Canton if you don't make it to January.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
              Peters was undrafted. I think we signed him off of the Giants practice squad.

Marshawn is probably my favorite Bill that we've drafted in this span, but his stats right now are nothing compared to LT who just got in. I think he needs a couple more big seasons to have a chance.

The only other player that might have a shot is Ko Simpson.
              of the Buffalo Bills? He's worth millions!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
                If they do, they're not going in as Bills. I think the organization should be talking about how to salvage our historical image during the drought- that is, how we view it as a snapshot of the franchise. If I'm Russ Brandon, I make a push to (obviously) sign Fred Jackson to a 1-day contract so he retires as a Bill and then (not as obviously) retire #22. It's a good PR move to reward a guy who is one of the most beloved Bills of the post-SuperBowl era.
                Read the F-n question & realize why I'm asking it, we've been 17 years without a really successful player wherever they go. It's a testament to the stupidity of what we have in Buffalo, simply brutal.

Comment

• ICRockets
                  Childish Fake Voter
                  • Jul 2008

Read the F-n question & realize why I'm asking it, we've been 17 years without a really successful player wherever they go. It's a testament to the stupidity of what we have in Buffalo, simply brutal.
                  I read the question and I understand why you're asking it. If you have an actual problem with my response, you should try to express what that problem is instead of having a piss fit.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                    • Sep 2009

So you think Peters might get into the HoF but question his success, how does that make sense?

I know we didn't outright draft Peters, and I was going to put that caveat in my original post, but we did sign him as UDFA and then too a risk in cutting him only to bring him back and groom him into one of the best the LTs in football. He's getting into the HoF, no question.

Do agree that Lynch doesn't have the big time stats, but he has some of the biggest post season runs, the guy has great tape and even though the media hates doing interviews with him I'm sure they all love his game. He could have used a couple of more seasons with big numbers, sat out almost two years (1 due to injury mostly).

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                      • May 2024

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                        • Sep 2009

But we've had some really good players, unfortunately you can't win when you get rid of them or don't foster more development.

Pat Williams, Winfield, Fletcher, Spikes, Lynch, Peters, Jabari Greer were all good players. Many of them played in big games when they left Buffalo, some of them won superbowls. How many Hall of Famers did last year's Patriots team have? 1? It's a team game, you need some studs, but it never hurts to have above average football players. We had some studs, but they never stick around or never had talent added around them. Kyle Williams isn't going to throw and catch touchdowns, neither is Freddie or Marshawn.
                        Last edited by kingJofNYC; 08-21-2017, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• sukie
                          Seriously?
                          • Sep 2012

Kiko and the Polish windshield will get in.

Comment

• Ed
                            • Sep 2002

You could go all the way back to 1989 and the answer will still be zero. Thurman Thomas was drafted in 1988. There hasn't been a HOF player drafted since. I think Eric Moulds had the talent, but wasted too many years playing on crappy teams with crappy qb's. I think Sam Cowart could have had the talent too, but a ruptured achilles ruined his career. Ruben Brown made a bunch of probowls, but he's not one of the greatest players ever.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

00-Brian Urlacher, Tom Brady
                              01-LT, Steve Hutchinson, Reggie Wayne, Drew Brees
                              02-Julius Peppers, Dwight Freeney, Ed Reed
                              03-Terrell Suggs, Troy Polamalu, Jason Witten, Anquan Boldin
                              04-Eli Manning, Larry Fitzgerald, Philip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, Vince Wilfork
                              05-Demarcus Ware, Aaron Rodgers, Frank Gore
                              06-Mario Williams, Haloti Ngata, Nick Mangold
                              07-Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas, Darrelle Revis, Steve Smith
                              08-Matt Ryan, Jonathon Stewart
                              09-Lesean McCoy

There's 10 years worth, it actually gets difficult around then because guys this decade just haven't had the time to build a resume. Considering there are three, maybe four in every draft (and IMO I'm being generous) I don't think it's really that big of a deal that Buffalo hasn't drafted any and they certainly aren't the only NFL team in that boat.

Historically speaking, especially starting with the Super Bowl era drafts, there just aren't that many and more than 4 or 5 from one draft class is by the exception, not the rule.

YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X