• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingJofNYC
    • Sep 2009

Re: No bull**** excuses for Tyrod

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    Like I said in the game day thread. Over the wrong damn shoulder. That is an awfully big ask for your WR. Jones is the consummate teammate so he will be eager to take the blame, but that's almost all on the QB.

Video for those that haven't seen it, or want to see it again
    Or Zay flattened the route and took it to the sideline instead of the pylon where it goes for 6. End of the day, it's WR/QB not being on the same page, that's what happens when you run out rookies.

Unless you run out Kupp, who would run an ace route to kill the Panthers by 1.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

That throw is that QB in a nutshell. Needs the receiver to be wide open aka no one near the receiver and he still cannot deliver an accurate pass. But he doesn't turn the ball over so someone people will bend over backwards to defend him. Could Zay have come down with that ball? Yes. But a properly thrown ball and Zay is in the end zone and the Bills have the win.

Didn't watch the game but judging by a few comments on here I read and the stat line, I'm guessing the Panthers stacked the box daring the Bills to beat them throwing the ball and in typical fashion, that QB was unable to do that.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Seven catches by WR's today, pretty sure 5 of them were on the last drive. Still don't have a guy with 4 receptions in one game. I would bet real money we are in 32nd place for catches by wide receivers.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
          Or Zay flattened the route and took it to the sideline instead of the pylon where it goes for 6. End of the day, it's WR/QB not being on the same page, that's what happens when you run out rookies.

Unless you run out Kupp, who would run an ace route to kill the Panthers by 1.
          If you think that pass is heading for the pylon, where it absolutely should be thrown, I have to disagree.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Thurmal
            • Oct 2005

I keep hearing that the pass hit Jones in the hands, so he should've caught it. Nonsense. He was running his route toward the middle of the field, wide open, and had to stop on a dime and jump backwards the opposite way to even touch it. That was an awful pass, and any halfway decent QB would've nailed it for the game-winner. All on Taylor.
            "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

It's kind of comical to see Zay Jones make one helluva athletic adjustment to a very poorly thrown ball to give him a chance to catch it and he's getting **** because it hit his hands.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• kishoph
                • Jun 2003

It should have never came down to one final play, the offense was terrible. The offense hung the defense out to dry for almost 3 complete quarters, yet the defense kept the game close enough for the offense to pull out a win and they failed.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                  My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                  It's kind of comical to see Zay Jones make one helluva athletic adjustment to a very poorly thrown ball to give him a chance to catch it and he's getting **** because it hit his hands.
                  Exactly right.

Comment

• Novacane
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                    That throw is that QB in a nutshell. Needs the receiver to be wide open aka no one near the receiver and he still cannot deliver an accurate pass. But he doesn't turn the ball over so someone people will bend over backwards to defend him. Could Zay have come down with that ball? Yes. But a properly thrown ball and Zay is in the end zone and the Bills have the win.

Didn't watch the game but judging by a few comments on here I read and the stat line, I'm guessing the Panthers stacked the box daring the Bills to beat them throwing the ball and in typical fashion, that QB was unable to do that.

Pretty much sums it up! TT didn't even attempt to beat that D with longer passes until the end of the game when he was forced to. It was one quick look then dump it off short or take off running. TT defenders will blame Dennison.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Crisis View Post
                      That play is like 80% on Tyrod and 20 on Zay.

Why are our offense and defense never good at the same time??
                      honestly cam newton still isnt 100% and i wouldnt call him a prolific passer.

the jury is still out on the bills D

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                        • Apr 2004

Side note: Watching what a real QB (Carr) can do to the Jets' D. Side, side note: I hope Oakland wins the big one this year and the team goes on strike to protest the move to freakin' Las Vegas.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by djjimkelly View Post
                          honestly cam newton still isnt 100% and i wouldnt call him a prolific passer.

the jury is still out on the bills D
                          The jury may still be out, but they were really good today. Five sacks is pretty damn solid. The only thing missing was a turnover or two.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                            Side note: Watching what a real QB (Carr) can do to the Jets' D. Side, side note: I hope Oakland wins the big one this year and the team goes on strike to protest the move to freakin' Las Vegas.
                            People around here would be served well to actually watch other games around the league to see what a real QB actually is. Then maybe the board wouldn't be full of apologists towards the garbage this franchise has put forth since Bledsoe.

Comment

• Wally The Barber
                              • Jul 2007

buffalo had many many chances and with an average offense would have scored more points in the first half

it wasn't all one play
                              Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• Novacane
                                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                                People around here would be served well to actually watch other games around the league to see what a real QB actually is. Then maybe the board wouldn't be full of apologists towards the garbage this franchise has put forth since Bledsoe.

LOL. Not happening. The TT apologists are going down with the ship! They won't ever give up. I don't think that the board is full of them though. There's only a few delusional diehards remaining.

Comment

Working...
                                X