Steven Hauschka making headlines, speaking out about racial inequalities.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mouldsie
    • Aug 2012

Re: Steven Hauschka making headlines, speaking out about racial inequalities.

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
    So now he's going to get cut and black-balled like Kaepernick because the owners and league don't want the players getting uppity and making a political statement. Right? Right??
    If he kneels during the anthem and becomes the face of a movement, yes.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Mouldsie View Post
      If he kneels during the anthem and becomes the face of a movement, yes.
      look. if Kaepernick was Tom Brady and didn't suck at his job and lose his job to Blaine ****ing Gabbert we wouldn't be talking about him getting 'blackballed.'

when it comes down to it, if you can play. you'll play
      I came.
      I saw.
      I conquered.

Comment

• Thurmal
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
        look. if Kaepernick was Tom Brady and didn't suck at his job and lose his job to Blaine ****ing Gabbert we wouldn't be talking about him getting 'blackballed.'

Yup. This is a concept people are willfully ignoring in regards to Kaepernick. As long as your talent outweighs your baggage, you will be viable in sports or any job, really. The minute that pendulum swings the other way, you're in trouble.
        "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
          Legendary Zoner
          • May 2009

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
          I saw this headline and immediately thought "uh-oh, now what?"

Fortunately he speaks well for himself. Especially that last paragraph. We should all feel that way.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...uality-exists/
          You're a liberal pussy. Punch yourself in the face. Thanks in advance for doing so.

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

That's nice Stephen. Now please stop giving me reason to be nervous every time you line up for a kick.

Comment

• Mouldsie
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post

So you're saying Steven Hauschka is the Tom Brady of kickers?

Comment

• Jeff1220
                H to the 12:20
                • Jul 2002

M
                Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                So now he's going to get cut and black-balled like Kaepernick because the owners and league don't want the players getting uppity and making a political statement. Right? Right??
                No, he's white, so society allows him to speak out about troubling issues without recourse.
                Last edited by Jeff1220; 09-22-2017, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• ICRockets
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                  That's nice Stephen. Now please stop giving me reason to be nervous every time you line up for a kick.
                  What are you nervous for? He's a white dude on a football field, not a black guy walking toward you on the sidewalk.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Mouldsie View Post
                    So you're saying Steven Hauschka is the Tom Brady of kickers?
                    I don't recall stating that. I was just talking about kaepernic in my statement
                    I came.
                    I saw.
                    I conquered.

Comment

• Swiper
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
                      You're a liberal pussy. Punch yourself in the face. Thanks in advance for doing so.
                      You wouldn't know a liberal vs a moderate if you're sorry little life depended on it. FOAD. Take you pillow case hoody with you. ****ing low-life pussy that you are. The only person I'd punch in the face would be you. Repeatedly. Because your parents failed.

Comment

• Swiper
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
                        Wrong -- they do it to stoke racial tension. Tell about the last time an unarmed white man was killed by the police and it became a year-long news story. No rush, I'll wait; you're going have to do some serious Googling.
                        Sorry. But it happens all the time. I live in the NYC TV market. No Googling required.

Swing and miss.

Comment

• sudzy
                          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18035[/ATTACH]
                          Yes, I agree. There are too many snowflakes in the NFL, now. Man, I miss the days of guys, like Jack Youngblood, just going out and playing football.

Comment

• kishoph
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Jeff1220 View Post
                            M

No, he's white, so society allows him to speak out about troubling issues without recourse.
                            Total BS. Do you think if he would of spoke out against it (kneeling), there would be no recourse ? The most likely response would be he's a racist

Being called a racist when you know you are not racist is not a fun thing. So many white people are afraid to say anything on just about any issue that might involve race or their political views in fear of being called a racist.

Comment

• feldspar
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                              LOL. Somebody ASKED him about this. ASKED him. Any idiot that lashes out at what he said is, well, an idiot.
                              Who's "lashing out?" Certainly not I.

The question is why they asked the question.

I'd be more interested interested in what Steven Hauscha thinks about Richard Simmons than what he thinks about racial inequalities. What he thinks about racial inequalities is near the bottom of the list I carefully made.

I like my sports here, and my political discussions WAY over there...the NFL becomes very annoying when it becomes a platform for this type thing. I can ask any asswipe on street what he thinks of racial inequality if that's what I wanted to talk about.

Comment

• YardRat
                                Well, lookie here...
                                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Jeff1220 View Post
                                And Kaepernick is......
                                YardRat Wall of Fame
                                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                                X