• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

Wow shots fired by cte guru on Dolphins

This is a disaster. Pray for Tua. Fire the medical staffs and coaches. I predicted this and I hate that I am right. Two concussions in 5 days can kill someone. This can end careers. How are we so stupid in 2022.
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

Re: Wow shots fired by cte guru on Dolphins

As a table-breaking member of #billsmafia I hate what just happened and hate our part in it with Milano's late shove last week. Literally career, even life-threatening. Kid did not deserve this after getting his career on track as he has. Devastating. Praying for him.

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

Someone at the NFL should be fired too. Their little fake "investigation" this week was a joke.

Comment

• Mike13
        • Aug 2005

Man I wanted to believe it was just a back injury, **** this team for lying about that

Comment

• Woodman
          Legendary Zoner
          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
          Someone at the NFL should be fired too. Their little fake "investigation" this week was a joke.
          Just so much bull****.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mike13 View Post
            Man I wanted to believe it was just a back injury, **** this team for lying about that
            How could you have seen how he acted after the Milano hit and believed that was a back injury? This isn't about hating the Dolphins. That was so obvious. He was wobbling around like a wee bull.

Comment

• Mike13
              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
              How could you have seen how he acted after the Milano hit and believed that was a back injury? This isn't about hating the Dolphins. That was so obvious. He was wobbling around like a wee bull.
              I was naive

Comment

• Woodman
                Legendary Zoner
                • Apr 2014

The investigation

The investigation over Tua Tagovailoa re-entering Sunday’s game becomes much more important

Like most everyone reading this, I keep watching the game between the Dolphins and Bengals. But I’m far less focused on the action and far more interested in knowing whether Miami quarterback Tua Tagovailoa is OK.

It’s great to hear — repeatedly — that he has movement in all extremities. But that only means he doesn’t have a neck injury. It doesn’t say anything about the injury to his brain.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Mike13
                  • Aug 2005

Re: The investigation

The NFLPA had the balls to say they care about player safety on Twitter

Comment

• Ingtar33
                    Dances With Buffaloes
                    • Sep 2002

I'm not going to say "told you so"; as a fan of a team I know how much you want to believe what they said is true. This isn't the dolphins fan's fault. We don't know what happened last week either. I do have a suspicion about what happened last week though. Take this with a spoon of salt but...

Tua was rushed into the locker room after he wobbled half carried by the dolphins medical staff. Why does this matter? because the NFL concussion protocol "tents" are on the sidelines; by taking him to the locker room they bought him 5-15 minutes before a protocol doctor could see him and test him. Now a minor concussion can have its symptoms mostly vanish in a few minutes, it's why some people wobble on the field from what appears to be a head injury, only for them to leave the tent and return to the field minutes later. You never know. Considering Tua's behavior and play after the Milano hit, I'm willing to believe it was a minor concussion. I've had those too, and you can seemingly recover from them in moments-minutes, and be largely symptom free for a few hours (though i've had some intense headaches a day later).

So I believe he probably did pass the NFL concussion protocol because the protocol is not sufficient enough to protect players from themselves.

I also think the Dolphins rushed him to the locker room because they wanted to avoid the concussion protocol tents on the sideline and buy him some time to clear his head.

As for the back story? Who knows, he might have tweaked his back in the game. maybe a light sprain so it may not even have been a lie. But his stumble from milano's shove was clearly a sign of a concussion not a back problem, tua never reaches for his back or leg on that play, it's obvious it's a head thing because he even shakes his head to clear the cobwebs.

Now the milano concussion obviously was minor, but the problem is, according to every sports medicine doctor i've ever talked to, players should be withheld from contact for 7-10 days after ANY concussion. So by covering it up, or even lying to themselves it wasn't a concussion, the dolphins put tua in massive danger tonight. just 4 days after a concussion.

I'm glad he's good enough to fly back with his team, that tells me this was a moderate concussion not a severe one, no matter how scary it looks (no doctor would let someone fly if it was a truly traumatic brain injury); I hope this time the team follows doctor guidance and errors on the side of caution and makes sure he is completely well before letting him play again.
                    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

BuT wE cARe abOut PlaYEr SaFEty

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

It's ALMOST as disgusting as the NFL saying it.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                          • Nov 2007

aren't they the ones who started the investigation?
                          I came.
                          I saw.
                          I conquered.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

I'm pretty sure the team violated the protocol the second they skipped the sideline and went right to the locker room. Any initial finding should be a no-brainer and confirmed immediately.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                              I'm pretty sure the team violated the protocol the second they skipped the sideline and went right to the locker room. Any initial finding should be a no-brainer and confirmed immediately.
                              I'm not sure if this is the case, only because it was so close to halftime.

Either way, the staff at the stadium completely screwed the pooch.

Comment

Working...
                              X