• Oct 2011

Re: 2022-2023 Sabres Thread

Awesome game, we take Alberta !!

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Didn’t see the whole game- just the highlights. But Tuch and Tage are the real deal and Comrie can play. Middlestadt with the shortie was nice too. Dahlin… wtf? 4 goals in 4 games for a defenseman is ridiculous.

I don’t expect great things this season. The team is too young and lacks elite talent. But they are fun to watch and good enough to make it intersecting.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• swiper
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2010

Awesome game last night. No one @ NHLN thought the Sabres would win this one (before the game started). Dahlin sets NHL record for defenseman with 4th goal in 4 games to start the season (no NHL defenseman has ever done that).

Dahlin LEADS the NHL in +/- at +6 now.

Granato sat Quinn and put Hinostroza in @ the Edmonton game. He had 3 helpers last night, the best of which sprung Mittelstadt who scored a back-handed, short-handed goal to make it 3-1 at the end of the 1st. Hinostroza & Mittelstadt's best game so far.

And.... Alex Tuch gets the hat trick.

The Sabres had Calgary pull their goalie after the end of the first period, but the Sabres scored 3 against each guy.

Eric Comrie wins road back-to-back starts. He is the FIRST SABRES GOALIE EVER to win 40 save back-to-back games. Take that Hasek/Miller/Crozier et al.

This looks like it is becoming Tuch's team. He fits the leader role really well.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by swiper; 10-20-2022, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

In my youth, the Sabres would go out West for 3 games and lose all of them. Most every time.

Cromrie played well again. Bad giveaway right in front of him and a ref kicks a puck right to a Calgary player in the slot by accident.

40 + saves again shows the Sabres still need to work on their D, in spite of the 3-1 record.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
            Didn’t see the whole game- just the highlights. But Tuch and Tage are the real deal and Comrie can play. Middlestadt with the shortie was nice too. Dahlin… wtf? 4 goals in 4 games for a defenseman is ridiculous.

I don’t expect great things this season. The team is too young and lacks elite talent. But they are fun to watch and good enough to make it intersecting.

I didn't expect great things either but we may be underestimating them. They look capable of competing for a playoff spot. I know I know. It's early and you have to see it first as do I. Maybe they don't lack elite talent. Maybe it's just young.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
              In my youth, the Sabres would go out West for 3 games and lose all of them. Most every time.

Cromrie played well again. Bad giveaway right in front of him and a ref kicks a puck right to a Calgary player in the slot by accident.

40 + saves again shows the Sabres still need to work on their D, in spite of the 3-1 record.
              That annoyed me. There was nothing Comrie could do on that play. But IIRC the score was 3-1 at that point. Sabres were on the verge of a knockout blow but that allowed Calgary to stay in the game a little longer.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                That annoyed me. There was nothing Comrie could do on that play. But IIRC the score was 3-1 at that point. Sabres were on the verge of a knockout blow but that allowed Calgary to stay in the game a little longer.
                Ref and linesmen are part of the playing surface, but I get it. Definitely sucked
                Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• swiper
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2010

While Tuch is on fire, and hopefully Thompson is on the come, Skinner has done nothing. Have to get him going.

Comment

• Skooby
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by swiper View Post
                    While Tuch is on fire, and hopefully Thompson is on the come, Skinner has done nothing. Have to get him going.
                    Skinner is playing hurt, I’ve been watching his face & he’s not smiling or laughing. He has a pain look on his face.

Comment

• swiper
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2010

I haven't read that he was injured. He seems to be skating fine.

Comment

• Skooby
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

We are abusing the Canucks, it’s 5-1 now. No mercy.

Comment

• Novacane
                          • Jul 2002

I hadn't stayed up for west coast games in years. I was looking forward to that game all day. They're fun to watch.

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

Wow ! Early to bed guy will watch the replay this morning. Awesome !
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• swiper
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2010

I struggled to stay up. LOL. Getting older catches up sometimes. Canucks did not look good. Got boos all game. Very loud boos.

The Sabres (Girgenson) scored an empty net goal at ~ 3:49 left to play. The Canucks put their goaltende back in then the Sabres scored AGAIN (Olofsson). The Canucks looked listless, especially in the 3rd period.

Craig Anderson looked all of 27 years old.

Here are the highlights.

Comment

• swiper
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Sep 2010

You're seeing the Sabres take some tough angle shots on net that they were avoiding before (they play catch in that wide box that drive you nuts usually).

Peterka anchoring himself in front of the net. Tuch also. The Sabres have needed that for the past several years.

Comment

Working...
                                X